+Quote Post
96graygt4

Enthusiast

Joined Sep 19, '18
From Canada, AB
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Malek @ Oct 14, 2018 - 9:23 PM) *
QUOTE (96graygt4 @ Oct 10, 2018 - 10:02 PM) *
So after a day of driving of course I would get the infamous error 54 code. Cars currently in limp mode and after doing a coolant check and blipping the throttle, the charge cooler pump does not seem to be operating for some reason as coolant isn't being cycled. Does anyone know of any good replacements to the oem one?

I found an overhauled oem replacement from gt4-play.co.uk which I am probably going to go with after I do more tests on the circuits and test the amps of the pump itself. However if anyone knows of any alternatives that are PnP please let me know!

Before jumping into a new pump, have you tried topping off the intercooler. The level sensor is very picky. If that doesn't fix it, then unplug the sensor and bridge the connector to make sure it's not the sensor itself that is broken. Disconnect the battery to clear the code before each try.

The intercooler pump should not be circulating while stopped. The argument for this design is so that the "cooler" coolant in the exchanger will keep cooler and will start circulating when you take off..and maybe extended pump life?

If you've come across these suggestions and tried those things already, then disregard this message.

Haha I've tested the sensor and coolant level and those seem to be working fine, I actually went for it and replaced the pump and sure enough the pump itself was dead. Car now runs properly and it's kinda scary how fast these cars are considering the numbers.

--------------------

96 GT-Four
instagram: kttranz
post Oct 30, 2018 - 8:50 PM
+Quote Post
96graygt4

Enthusiast

Joined Sep 19, '18
From Canada, AB
Currently Offline

So ever since my last post, I've been buried with school and work as well as trying to maintain a social life (almost impossible). Luckily I've had maybe a few hours every couple days where I was able to dedicate time to the car and focused on preventative maintenance before winter hits. Only major thing I have left to do is sort out the god awful suspension clunks when going over speed bumps, accelerating, and changing gears (pretty sure its the driver side fig 8).

List of crap done:

- Spark plugs
- Dizzy Cap
- Rotor Arm
- Gold Heat Reflective Tape
- Top mounts
- Charge cooler pump
- Engine Oil
- Diff Oil
- Brakes and Rotors

For entertainment I also added an entry level double din touchscreen stereo from pioneer only to find out my driver side speaker was blown rolleyes.gif
However, I managed to grab a component speaker set from rockford fosgate. 2 mid-range speakers and 2 tweeters for only $100 :thumpsup:

--------------------

96 GT-Four
instagram: kttranz

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 28th, 2024 - 11:48 AM