6G Celicas Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

400 Pages V  « < 336 337 338 339 340 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Teh Official "Dude Where's My Forum?" Thread, Brought to you by the minds of Box, and her fiancée, Lorelei
post Aug 7, 2019 - 10:18 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Hmmm, that's right I forgot 16's were a thing. I'd really have preferred 15's though for tire selection and ride comfort, the whole reason in chunking the 16's on the NB2 for 15's. I dunno, I guess I'll look into it casually and only worry about it more so once the Firebird is sold. I'd really like a SW hardtop though, especially if it's in one of those really nice colours like Aquamarine Pearl, Nautical Blue Metallic, Turquoise, or Tropical Blue Metallic.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Aug 8, 2019 - 9:29 AM
+Quote Post
TimeslideZ

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 9, '16
From Minnesota
Currently Offline

Box once you get the Firebird sold sell the NB2 and then get a GT-Four. Seems like that's the normal thing considering how many people have gotten one already.
post Aug 8, 2019 - 2:21 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Ha, if I had the money it'd be awfully tempting. Then again there are a lot of cars that're tempting, especially now since they're 25+ years old. I think if I were to import from Japan, or buy on already imported and titled, it'd be a Suzuki Cappuccino. Since the Miata is too big and heavy and stuff, so Cappuccino.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Aug 8, 2019 - 2:54 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

Toyota Starlett!

--------------------
post Aug 8, 2019 - 2:55 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Toyota Sera!

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Aug 8, 2019 - 7:45 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

I hate this disease... My taste is even screwed up right now, I f***ing ruined dinner for two nights... I quit...

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Aug 8, 2019 - 9:28 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

That sucks, not that it's any consolation but I caught my broken toe on something over the weekend and kind of re-hurt it. So it looks like I'll be hiking on a painful toe for TOTD and maybe heading back to the car before the hike ends since walking funny to protect my hurting toe has me straining my weak knee and it's been acting up with some pain and stiffness when I exert myself. Pro-tip, don't get old!

--------------------
post Aug 8, 2019 - 10:40 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Everyone was nice and ate it anyway so I didn't cry... Long story short was doing curry chicken and my taste was off, so it was all kinds of f***ed up on the seasoning. I should've known better when the peanut butter snack crackers I had earlier didn't taste right...

Don't get old eh...

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Aug 9, 2019 - 1:06 AM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

My taste goes way off when I'm sick, everything tastes bad like it's turned or is turning so not only can I not really tell if what I'm eating is OK or not I'm pretty turned off to eating in general. I've found a few things that always taste good when I'm sick so I'm OK just badly limited to a few appetizing foods.

--------------------
post Aug 9, 2019 - 1:06 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

This is different, it's like certain flavour profiles are more pronounced and some are more subdued. So it makes it impossible to go off taste seasoning things...

In other news after more searching than I care to I came across some Rota Slipstream that're 15x8 114.3 and aren't that heavy at around 14 pounds, still heavier than the 15x8 4x100 out there by 2-3 pounds each but whatever. The only problem with 15's though is unless you go with extreme summer/borderline race tires there's no way of staggering 15's effectively. That and it's hard finding a set of 15x7/7.5 and 15x8, though I think the Rota did, but even then to get the tire stagger you have to go with tires meant more for track days with light rain if that. Bleh... Of course the other options being go staggered on wheels but same tire size which would look weird, or say f*** it and go square on both. Which some have done such for tracking it, but I imagine the suspension would need adjusted and tailored for a square setup being it's mid engine. I wouldn't want to go to 17's and kill ride quality, I look for 16's and it's even worse on selection in wheels and tires than 15's. Really not sure on going square and making the car more dangerous than what it is, it looking a little goofy versus staggered isn't as much concern. That or say screw it and just go with a Miata where none of this is an issue, despite I think I rather have the SW in many aspects. Bleh...

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Aug 10, 2019 - 12:57 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

https://tldproducts.com/collections/compoun...cut-2-oz-sample Bought that, gonna try it out on my Mazda. Everything I've read about it is that it's amazing to work with and gets you there without fillers and it's super easy to work with.

--------------------
post Aug 10, 2019 - 2:08 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

I like the product name, "The Last Cut". Sounds edgy.

So I even looked into doing a double stagger setup of 15x7 and 16x8, and of course that's a no go outside of no name wheels... I did find some 17's that'd look awesome on the SW though, but ughh... such thin sidewall.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Aug 10, 2019 - 4:51 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Oh and apparently I'm going to be top heavy as f***, I put on a new shirt after showering and it doesn't fit now and is really tight and keeps me from moving my arms 100%... They're nowhere near done growing either... On the plus side this means I should be able to cosplay as Tifa Lockhart. laugh.gif Like of course I wanted them, but still... I need to be able to sleep on my tummy. tongue.gif

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Aug 11, 2019 - 4:11 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

Refinished one of my wheel center caps that had peeling red paint on it, no one can tell which one is which in photos I've showed them so it's a success. BUT I CAN TELL SO IT'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH!

--------------------
post Aug 11, 2019 - 9:07 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Shuffle them all together and put them on in the dark, then see if you can tell. tongue.gif

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Aug 12, 2019 - 7:36 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

I need to stop looking at the early SW hardtop, it's making me do things like overlook McPherson struts and open differentials. Oh, and the terrible wheel selection for anything under 17 inches. I like the look of the NB2 Miata, but something about the SW hardtop with the wraparound spoiler just really does it for me. Nooo Casey, don't buy cars for superficial things as that's what got you into the predicament you're in now.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Aug 12, 2019 - 9:04 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

Just got done touching up, poorly, my worst looking wheel on the Celica. At least it's mostly all silver now, except I have to now wait to put the Rejex on it...but the tires are dressed now so that's a plus. I need to drive it tomorrow to get gas and get some rust off the brakes before I leave. Oh and I took my spare to work and inflated it to 65PSI, it was F L A T. What good is a flat spare tire? LOL

--------------------
post Aug 12, 2019 - 11:03 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Well, I suppose slightly more good than a punctured tire but that's not much.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Aug 13, 2019 - 12:34 AM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Ugh, f*** it. If a hardtop/moonroof SW that isn't red comes up for sale I think I'll give it a go, they just look too cool not to try... I've always wanted one, and the SW exudes coolness and practicality. Well, maybe not the last part but it's more practical than the Miata. I just wonder how they ride in comparison stock for stock, since the NB2 rode surprisingly well.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Aug 13, 2019 - 8:14 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

Got the last pair of wheels touched up last night, 24hrs for paint to dry fully at 50% humidity and about 80-85F ambient temps is plenty. Put the Rejex on the wheels, wiped it off the wheels, put the wheels on the car, open the garage door to get the spare out of the trunk of the Mazda and see a big ugly mean nasty black storm cloud to my north, check the radar, it's as close as it looks. I get the spare set in the trunk and tool set put away (about the only thing I always properly stow), get the air compressor and start airing up the fronts which were formerly the rears, starting on the driver set setting pressures. 34 front and 30 rear feels good with my setup and these tires, as I'm working I can feel the wind picking up and the temperature start to drop. I look outside again and say out loud to myself "maybe it won't rain here". Well that was a mistake. I immediately felt a drop. Within 30 seconds a hard rain then downpour then deluge. Shut the garage, turn off the car, finish the other side, DID I CLOSE THE MAZDA TRUNK!? Run around the house under the eaves and yes, I did.

Rejex needs minimum 4 hours before getting wet to cure properly, the longer the better up-to 10ish hours. Also I don't want to get it filthy in the rain. I was planning to drive it to the gas station to fill up and up to the store to pick something up. Well it's all ready to roll for when I get home tomorrow and hopefully it'll be dry. So that's annoying. I guess I'll just chill with the dogs and wait for her to get home, maybe I'll try to go to sleep early tonight.

--------------------

400 Pages V  « < 336 337 338 339 340 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 28th, 2024 - 5:53 AM