6G Celicas Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

20 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> rentaspace's progression :), How My Celica Came to Be :)
post May 1, 2013 - 1:13 AM
+Quote Post
rentaspace

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 23, '12
From Australia
Currently Offline

Update:
Just a general update on the car...

Well yesterday she was taken into the dealer for repairs to the engine mount and the transmission seal...

She went in, and to my horror... The front engine mount was completely, and I mean completely, ripped in half... and the rear engine mount was cracked too... and the dealer will not cover these under the warranty... frown.gif $400 out of pocket for that... Going to be pursuing it further with Aussie Department of Fair Trading as this part is pretty integral to the safety of the vehicle...
They also tried to spit some BS at me about the seals 'never being covered under our warranties' and when I said well its been there 5 times, all of the times seals were replaced and I even have some spares that your mechanic gave me.. they replied with 'we will cover the seals'... When the car was NRMA reported last week, the engineer said that the lurch in reverse (which it has had since I got it) was caused by the front engine mount, yet the dealer is saying that they never noticed it and therefore they will not cover it... frown.gif How could they miss that when they had the engine removed from the car?...

Anyway, in lighter news, I ordered a set of JDM tail lights from a guy in Japan and they should arrive by next week pending installation the following weekend. I also will have my skirts on the car (hopefully this weekend, weather permitting) and Ill have an update when this happens... From there, Ill be saving my $$$ for some 17" Rims and Clear Headlights and High Beams.

She is sitting like this as of now:

Only difference is there are TRD decals on the mirrors

This post has been edited by rentaspace: May 1, 2013 - 7:01 AM

--------------------

------------------------------| White '94 Celica | Bought 11/05/12 | Sold 12/05/15 |------------------------------
------------------------------| White '02 N-Edition Caldina | Weekend Car |------------------------------
post May 2, 2013 - 1:03 AM
+Quote Post
rentaspace

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 23, '12
From Australia
Currently Offline

Got the car back today, Oil leak appears to be gone smile.gif, The reverse no longer clunks, and acceleration and shifting feels a lot smoother (as it should)...

The discs need to be machined and the AC Compressor Bearings are on their way out... kindasad.gif

The car now shakes sort of when gears are engaged and stopped at lights kindasad.gif I have no clue what could be causing this... when in 'park' it idles fine, but as soon as it is put into reverse or gear the car shakes kindasad.gif
there is also no shaking when the car is driving or shifting gear kindasad.gif

so we will find out what is causing that...

I have also been in contact with the eBay member that sold me the JDM tails and he has put aside until I get paid a pair of white TRD Reat Splitters; so when I get the cash these will be ordered and put onto the car smile.gif

This post has been edited by rentaspace: May 2, 2013 - 1:04 AM

--------------------

------------------------------| White '94 Celica | Bought 11/05/12 | Sold 12/05/15 |------------------------------
------------------------------| White '02 N-Edition Caldina | Weekend Car |------------------------------
post May 2, 2013 - 1:24 AM
+Quote Post
The_enD

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 12, '13
From Bulgaria
Currently Offline

Mine also makes a bad noise when I put her in reverse.
And shakes just a tiny bit when I shift and I am almost ready to release the clutch pedal. It's hardly noticeable tho.

--------------------
FS thread : Custom Celica parts made to order + more

Click the image to visit my FB page

post May 2, 2013 - 1:38 AM
+Quote Post
rentaspace

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 23, '12
From Australia
Currently Offline

QUOTE (The_enD @ May 2, 2013 - 2:24 AM) *
Mine also makes a bad noise when I put her in reverse.
And shakes just a tiny bit when I shift and I am almost ready to release the clutch pedal. It's hardly noticeable tho.

Well, mines auto... It doesn't shake when shifting between any of the gears... It only shakes when I stop at a set of lights and have the brake pressed.. it's as if the car is not revving high enough... but the Tachometer is showing the car at a steady 900rpm idle... which is what it has always been kindasad.gif It also never did this until the work was completed

--------------------

post May 5, 2013 - 9:57 PM
+Quote Post
rentaspace

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 23, '12
From Australia
Currently Offline

Update:
Well After a planned mod-day on Sunday, I unexpectedly ended up in hospital (oh the joy), so Sundway was spent recovering... No Mods were complete frown.gif
But, Early this morning, my JDM tails arrived, bought them 7days ago and arrived this morning so 6 day turnaround from Japan, and shipping wasn't that dear either biggrin.gif

Un-boxing:

Pending Installation:

Wiring Harness was also there with all bulbs (Not sure if they work though):

Ill have them installed when I am free sometime this week, and I will get some high-res photos too....
So the next update will be by next weekend at the latest...

--------------------

post May 5, 2013 - 10:24 PM
+Quote Post
JoshuaM

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 6, '12
From Brisbane, Australia
Currently Offline

QUOTE (rentaspace @ May 5, 2013 - 9:57 PM) *
Update:
Well After a planned mod-day on Sunday, I unexpectedly ended up in hospital (oh the joy), so Sundway was spent recovering... No Mods were complete frown.gif
But, Early this morning, my JDM tails arrived, bought them 7days ago and arrived this morning so 6 day turnaround from Japan, and shipping wasn't that dear either biggrin.gif

Ill have them installed when I am free sometime this week, and I will get some high-res photos too....

SOOOOFFFFFFTTTTTT!!!! Come on, they take like 10 minutes to install... maybe a couple of hours max considering in oggle time laugh.gif

--------------------

SOLD :( 1997 ST204 Celica ZR -----> See it here on 6GC!
2013 October Celica of the Month XD
Now: '00 NB8B Mazda MX5 -----> See it here in off topic!
post May 6, 2013 - 4:38 AM
+Quote Post
rentaspace

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 23, '12
From Australia
Currently Offline

QUOTE (JoshuaM @ May 5, 2013 - 10:24 PM) *
QUOTE (rentaspace @ May 5, 2013 - 9:57 PM) *
Update:

SOOOOFFFFFFTTTTTT!!!! Come on, they take like 10 minutes to install... maybe a couple of hours max considering in oggle time laugh.gif

hahaha, have tafe from 8am - 12pm and then an hours drive to work (I start at 1:30 and finish at 6pm), tongue.gif

I may have a day or two off this week or tomorrow arvo and if I do they'll be going in wink.gif (Sounds kinky)

--------------------

post May 7, 2013 - 1:50 AM
+Quote Post
rentaspace

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 23, '12
From Australia
Currently Offline

Update:
I didn't have work today so I took the time to install the JDM tails biggrin.gif
I ran into a big problem when two of the nuts were 5mm instead of the 10mm that every other was >.< So, I took the rear plastic off, and started searching for a spanner to undo the nut... I found a socket/screwdriver hybrid which fitted perfectly (If Only I had found it before so I didn't have to remove the plastics)...
Installation is straight forward as we all know, so I won't go through all that jazz and instead just show photos:
Before:

The difference is pretty amazing; One JDM, one ADM:

And After:

During the work, my cat decided to pay a visit lol:

And my Fav photo of today biggrin.gif :

--------------------

post May 7, 2013 - 5:00 AM
+Quote Post
JoshuaM

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 6, '12
From Brisbane, Australia
Currently Offline

QUOTE (rentaspace @ May 7, 2013 - 1:50 AM) *
Update:
I didn't have work today so I took the time to install the JDM tails biggrin.gif
I ran into a big problem when two of the nuts were 5mm instead of the 10mm that every other was >.< So, I took the rear plastic off, and started searching for a spanner to undo the nut... I found a socket/screwdriver hybrid which fitted perfectly (If Only I had found it before so I didn't have to remove the plastics)...
Installation is straight forward as we all know, so I won't go through all that jazz and instead just show photos:

I just replied to your PM... but I see you have it sorted biggrin.gif

Looks really fantastic as we all know; pulls the car forward another 5 years tongue.gif

--------------------

post May 7, 2013 - 6:46 AM
+Quote Post
Payne

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 20, '12
From Victoria, Australia
Currently Offline

JDM tails are the simplest yet best mod for any 6GC, good choice! wink.gif
post May 7, 2013 - 5:56 PM
+Quote Post
rentaspace

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 23, '12
From Australia
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Payne @ May 7, 2013 - 7:46 AM) *
JDM tails are the simplest yet best mod for any 6GC, good choice! wink.gif

QUOTE (JoshuaM @ May 7, 2013 - 06:00 AM)
Looks really fantastic as we all know; pulls the car forward another 5 years

Thanks, they really do change the appearance of the rear smile.gif

--------------------

post May 7, 2013 - 7:23 PM
+Quote Post
Ted95

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 8, '09
From Westport, MA
Currently Offline

Nice ride man thing really coming along! I love white hatches man cant wait to see more!

cool cat too man haha

--------------------
st205 powered ss3 coupe
post May 7, 2013 - 7:40 PM
+Quote Post
rentaspace

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 23, '12
From Australia
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Ted95 @ May 7, 2013 - 7:23 PM) *
Nice ride man thing really coming along! I love white hatches man cant wait to see more!

cool cat too man haha

Thanks man smile.gif

Next will be installing the side skirts, I'm also getting some rear splits sent from Japan, so they'll go on too smile.gif

And then I will be fixing the boot and sound system up smile.gif

--------------------

post May 8, 2013 - 7:13 AM
+Quote Post
rentaspace

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 23, '12
From Australia
Currently Offline

Update:
My LED dash kit started flickering on the way home tonight; so I am going to replace it with a spree kit.

Future/current plans:
- install skirts
- install rear splits
- spree led kit
- front grille meshing
- projectors (if I can ever get the money)

--------------------

post May 11, 2013 - 12:39 AM
+Quote Post
rentaspace

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 23, '12
From Australia
Currently Offline

UPDATE:
Today I got up nice and early ready to go round to my mates and paint the skirts... We got four paint coats on; and the clear:
Before the clear:

The the weather went to poop; so the skirts were put into the garage:

(It's much darker in real life)

I also decided to get this photo last night of the JDM tails at night:

And earlier today I got these photos with my dads embarrassment er... car:

Since it's mother's day tomorrow, I doubt I will be able to install the side skirts... So that is going to have to wait... Hopefully, I am free this week sometime, otherwise it will be next week >.<

--------------------

post May 11, 2013 - 1:25 AM
+Quote Post
JoshuaM

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 6, '12
From Brisbane, Australia
Currently Offline

So you swapped over the wiring harness from the new lights too then? I got them with mine, but just chucked them in the cupboard... I might have to go 4 lights tongue.gif (Then again, I always drive with my lights on, so having them come on separately will make it more obvious to idiots not paying attention behind me... tongue.gif)

--------------------

post May 11, 2013 - 1:31 AM
+Quote Post
rentaspace

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 23, '12
From Australia
Currently Offline

QUOTE (JoshuaM @ May 11, 2013 - 1:25 AM) *
So you swapped over the wiring harness from the new lights too then? I got them with mine, but just chucked them in the cupboard... I might have to go 4 lights tongue.gif (Then again, I always drive with my lights on, so having them come on separately will make it more obvious to idiots not paying attention behind me... tongue.gif)

Yeah, since I had the rear plastics off anyway I decided I may as well use the JDM harness smile.gif

And You still have the third brake light for the idiots... I usually pump the brake a little when I start braking to alert morons behind me tongue.gif

I thought, if I am using the JDM tails mayaswell go the JDM style, 4x Tail Lights and 5x Brake Lights (Including the third)... It looks better IMO anyway smile.gif

The harness is very simple to change, its plugged in just behind the plastic, and has a rubber which comes off when you pull the harness, the new harness rubber was pretty difficult to get in (Until I used the screwdriver, but you have to be careful of both damaging the rubber and the paint on the car... Took me about 5mins for the first as I didn't know what I was doing tongue.gif and then 20secs for the second lol)

--------------------

post May 12, 2013 - 8:41 PM
+Quote Post
rentaspace

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 23, '12
From Australia
Currently Offline

Big Update (Sort Of):
So, The skirts are done and on the car ! smile.gif
I'll go through the whole progress here, so there is gonna be LOTS of photos smile.gif

So basically, it began a month or two ago when I was searching eBay a came across a guy in South Australia selling the Veilside front bar, side-skirts and rear bar. I am not a fan of the Veilside front or rear (It makes the car look bulky and I just don't like it). So I offered the guy $120 for the skirts and he accepted. Now came the fun of getting them shipped from South Australia to New South Wales, I found a low-cost company that would ship them to Villawood Depo for $60 including $300 transit coverage. So $180 delivered to my door (almost):

Now, the manufacturers primer was shotty at best... and I rang around finding out prices to paint the skirts.. I got varying number from $250 - $1000+ (JUST to paint)... After scraping that idea, I approached one of my mates who worked for a smash repairs locally. His work agreed to supply the paint at-cost ($90 for a liter of two-pack) and my mate agreed to spray them for me at his house. Before going over, I decided to install the skirts on the car in a dry run to make sure they fitted:

The fitment was alright, some small minor imperfections were on the skirts (But that was to be expected).
I then took the skirts to my mates place and we got four layers of primer onto them:
http://i1326.photobucket.com/albums/u653/R...zps5d511818.jpg
Giving a much better finish then the crappy manufacturers stuff...

After a week of crappy weather and me ending up in hospital (long story short I drank to much), We finally got the skirts painted and cleared:

Drying the clear in the sun smile.gif

The next day, (Mothers day), we went to install the skirts only to find that the door trim was being blocked... So after marking out the area that needed to be cut, I had to leave to go to my girlfriends for lunch and then my grandparents. I got these photos of the installed (But not held on) skirts:

Later that night, using 4 screws, double sided tape and Sikaflex we installed the skirts properly (I don't think they will be moving anytime soon...)
There is some small imperfections in the paint and the skirts themselves, but nothing that detracts from the appearance (Some need to be fixed later on this week when the clear coat is fully cured) smile.gif
Overall I am very happy with the final product, and a big thanks goes to My mates and girlfriend that helped a lot through the whole process smile.gif
Once it got dark it was time for a photo-shoot:

And again, my favorite photo of the night:

I will get high-res night and day photos later this week when I get the fitment and everything perfect on the skirts smile.gif

This post has been edited by rentaspace: May 12, 2013 - 8:42 PM

--------------------

post May 12, 2013 - 9:58 PM
+Quote Post
JoshuaM

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 6, '12
From Brisbane, Australia
Currently Offline

They look great biggrin.gif And seeing them all fitted now, I think they will flow on fantastically with the TRD rear spats... Much better than the OEM skirts tongue.gif

Have you thought about euro / SSIII / TRD front splitters?

--------------------

post May 12, 2013 - 10:37 PM
+Quote Post
rentaspace

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 23, '12
From Australia
Currently Offline

QUOTE (JoshuaM @ May 12, 2013 - 9:58 PM) *
They look great biggrin.gif And seeing them all fitted now, I think they will flow on fantastically with the TRD rear spats... Much better than the OEM skirts tongue.gif

Have you thought about euro / SSIII / TRD front splitters?

Thanks man smile.gif

And I haven't really thought about fronts yet... I will definitely be getting some, but for now focusing on getting the rears delivered and painted smile.gif

--------------------

20 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 28th, 2024 - 6:00 PM