> A Box and His Celica, You knew it'd happen eventually :P
post Oct 12, 2013 - 6:45 AM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Well seeing as we're stuck together by fate, or something like that, I suppose I should embrace it and what not. So I thought to myself, "Hey, maybe if you did stuff to the Celica to make it your own you'd like it more." I then gave myself a high-five for such a good idea. All in all I really like the car aside from the slowness, then I thought to myself again, "Hey, the only time you have to use speed is pulling out into traffic or passing some moron and the Celica is adequate in that regard." Another high-five occurred. Then the deal sealer, "Hey moron you couldn't buy another car, not even another Celica, worth a damn for what you'd be giving up your car for." You guessed it, a...punch to the face. Nah, just kidding there was definitely another high-five. So anyhow, the whole purpose of this thread is to keep me and the Celica on positive terms and it's also to help motivate me to do the things that I want to do. I have a bunch of cheap ideas that in all should be under $100, and should help in making the car more to my liking. Less on that now, and more boring history. So I bought the Celica almost two years ago, and nothing has really happened. The end. Glad that's over, now for fun things. Of course there're the obligatory pictures.

So there ya go, I'm even so hardcore I left my plate tag exposed for the world to see. Anyhow a little more about it. It's the ST 5-speed and is fully loaded as they could be. Power windows and locks, A/C, power moonroof, rear wiper, and even has the optional 14" alloys. I'm curious as to how rare the 14" alloys are, as I've yet to see another set as most ST's have steelies or have aftermarket wheels by now. As far as the car goes it's pretty much stock. The only thing aftermarket is that it's lowered on Tein coil springs and KYB struts, and the radio was replaced as well. Mechanically the car is sorted and everything is already taken care of for the next 50,000+ miles, I suppose that's a good kind of boring though. There is one thing I've done to make the car unique, I painted the plastic trim pieces in metallic black: Door handle cups, air vent trim, door switch panels, center console, and gauge surround. I think it's a classy and subtle touch, I like that it could pass for OEM.

Can see it really well on the air vent trim and door panel switch. You can stop oogling my legs now.
I also added some awesome decals:

Then at one point I spent a couple of days busting my ass waxing it.

So that was fun, of course the clear is still peeling. Thanks a lot previous owners' neglect, Alabama heat, AND THE FREAKING COLOUR RED.
Oh, and one last thing... I have something that I imagine very few of you people do... So very rare...

That's right, the original key! The key's teeth are so smooth and rounded now, yet it still works. Of course I keep it in a safe place and use a copy key now. So now that all of that is out of the way, time for possible future modifications:

Figure out something to do with the clear peel...
S2000 or VW shark fin antenna
Tint the taillights with window tint for a deep glossy look, along with painting the tag bezel black
Find 5GC power mirrors and paint them black along with door handles, if the above happens
Install a short throw shifter for quicker response and fun factor
True cold air intake for sucking sound and marginal, if any, gains
Replace the secondary cat with a glass-pack and the muffler with a Magnaflow XL chambered muffler for marginal gains and hopefully not too bad of a sound
Possibly buy JDM tails and "American-ize" them, therefore making them legal by meeting U.S. side-marker requirements.
Remove spoiler and properly fill and paint
Remove front side-markers and properly fill and paint.
FIND and install better seats
Find premium audio door panels
Redo sun visors
Repaint wheels
Redo audio
LED interior lighting
Fog lights
Lit key-ring
Replace front Toyota badge with Celica dragon emblem

Some of those are iffy, but most I'd like to do in the nearby future. If I happen to think of anything else I'll throw it into here. So anyhow I promise to stop complaining, or at the least cut it out significantly. After extensive searching since April, and especially here recently, the grass is only greener on the other side due to the other piece of shìt cars fertilizing the soil. Besides, all the other forums suck in comparison and I really don't want to go through the trouble of reestablishing myself. tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Box: Apr 16, 2014 - 8:44 PM

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Oct 12, 2013 - 6:54 AM
+Quote Post
JoshuaM

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 6, '12
From Brisbane, Australia
Currently Offline

redface.gif redface.gif redface.gif BOX MADE A PROJECT THREAD! redface.gif redface.gif redface.gif

--------------------

SOLD :( 1997 ST204 Celica ZR -----> See it here on 6GC!
2013 October Celica of the Month XD
Now: '00 NB8B Mazda MX5 -----> See it here in off topic!
post Oct 12, 2013 - 6:59 AM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

I know, it's revolutionary in a way. tongue.gif Meh, just figure it's for the best. I could buy another car for what I could sell the Celica for, but then I'd have to instantly spend $1,000+ on it to make it the way I want it and to bring it up to a level I could halfway trust it. Honestly I rather spend the money on a cheap RWD project that I could care less if it dies during auto X and drift. That and my first love of musical instruments, I sadly have more invested there than anywhere else.

This post has been edited by Box: Oct 12, 2013 - 7:00 AM

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Oct 12, 2013 - 7:05 AM
+Quote Post
JoshuaM

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 6, '12
From Brisbane, Australia
Currently Offline

Hey Box... Box... Box....... ..... .... .... Its RED laugh.gif

P.S. You forgot to mention your awesome JDM storage tray next to your cigarette lighter.

And I didn't realise the key thing was rare... I use my original every day and I'm sure many people do tongue.gif

And new plan.... get unreliable POS but fun drift / autoX / hooning around car.... work on it until you are confidant in it running for a couple of weeks, then BEAMS or V6 swap your car wink.gif

--------------------

post Oct 12, 2013 - 7:13 AM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Yeah, I know.. Still hate that, but meh... Seriously contended finding a black liftback to swap all of my stuff into, then sell mine. Of course everyone is asking not much less for their ragged out piece of junk than I am for mine.

I don't know, it could or could not be. I just rarely see cars over 10 years old where they kept up with the original key.

Yep, except for semi-reliable. tongue.gif I'd swap if it were a GT, but being the ST it's a pain in the ass either way.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Oct 12, 2013 - 7:22 AM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

to do list!

1. Remove spoiler

2. Remove telecommunications antenna

3. Remove stickers..

4. put a BOX in da trunk

--------------------
Learned a lot in 10 years... I hardly log in anymore, last login Today Sept 6 2019, and I was forced just to clarify a post. LOL

If you PM me and I dont respond, dont fret or cry. Im alive, better post your questions in the thread below, maybe I log back in

2grfe Swapped... Why I chose the 2GR, before you ask read here...

A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.

@llamaraxing in Instagram is the best way to find me. I hardly log here anymore.
post Oct 12, 2013 - 7:23 AM
+Quote Post
JoshuaM

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 6, '12
From Brisbane, Australia
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Box @ Oct 12, 2013 - 7:45 AM) *
I promise to stop complaining...

QUOTE (Box @ Oct 12, 2013 - 8:13 AM) *
I'd swap if it were a GT, but being the ST it's a pain in the ass either way.

Whinging excuses = Complaining. STOP IT! We know it can be done! tongue.gif Just makes for a better reason to get a BEAMS clip with LSD, or V6 and get the E153.

I do agree on the black GT front.... just sit patiently waiting and one will turn up. Just spend money on things like the leather, speakers, lights etc. that can all be swapped over really easily anyway, so you aren't wasting anything by waiting for a car to swap later smile.gif

--------------------

post Oct 12, 2013 - 7:28 AM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

I have to keep the decals, I lubs them. tongue.gif I have an 1,000 watt U.S.A. made Rockford Fosgate subwoofer just sitting in the floor of my music room.

Hey, only I get to paraphrase others for my benefit. tongue.gif I said I would for the most part. Being it is the ST I'd just go V6, since the BEAMS would lose its easy factor. There's always the 4A family, but from what I've found none of them are really any easier it'd seem.

This post has been edited by Box: Oct 12, 2013 - 7:28 AM

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Oct 12, 2013 - 9:15 AM
+Quote Post
bsamps4

Enthusiast
Joined May 16, '10
From Raleigh
Currently Offline

We need to build you a 3s man!!!

--------------------
post Oct 12, 2013 - 9:41 AM
+Quote Post
JoshuaM

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 6, '12
From Brisbane, Australia
Currently Offline

QUOTE (bsamps4 @ Oct 12, 2013 - 10:15 AM) *

^^^ THIS GUY! biggrin.gif

--------------------

post Oct 12, 2013 - 1:15 PM
+Quote Post
kurt95gt

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 23, '11
From kenton ohio
Currently Offline

2 of our 3 still have factory keys lol

--------------------
95 gt coupe, v6 swap weekend toy
99 gt hatch beams swapped wife's
94 st hatch my daily driver
http://www.6gc.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=82235
n
post Oct 12, 2013 - 2:36 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

QUOTE (bsamps4 @ Oct 12, 2013 - 9:15 AM) *

That would also work. tongue.gif

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Oct 12, 2013 - 3:42 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

QUOTE (kurt95gt @ Oct 12, 2013 - 1:15 PM) *
2 of our 3 still have factory keys lol

So, semi-rare. tongue.gif It's the first car I've had with the original key, outside of my '67 Coupe DeVille which had both original keys and the owner's manual. Leaving for the weekend, will get started on some things when I have free time next week.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Oct 12, 2013 - 5:27 PM
+Quote Post
Keiri

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 6, '04
From Charlotte, NC
Currently Offline

I also have my original key along with the valet/spare key; not to mention the two extras I've had made.

I'm glad you started a thread Box - maybe you'll keep your red Celica hate confined here. :] You may want to add "Replace radiator" to that list as yours looks about ready retirement.

Are you looking for a particular color for your leather seats? Don't say black...

This post has been edited by Keiri: Oct 12, 2013 - 5:37 PM

--------------------
Has no more Celicas
post Oct 12, 2013 - 5:34 PM
+Quote Post
jesse09

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 19, '09
From Texas
Currently Offline

That black metallic trim looks really good. I'm now considering doing the same with mine.
post Oct 12, 2013 - 5:49 PM
+Quote Post
bnr32celica

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 16, '12
From 860, ct
Currently Offline

QUOTE (jesse09 @ Oct 12, 2013 - 6:34 PM) *
That black metallic trim looks really good. I'm now considering doing the same with mine.

X2

Box, looks clean.
post Oct 12, 2013 - 5:56 PM
+Quote Post
Syaoran

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 4, '12
From US
Currently Offline

Turbocharge it biggrin.gif

--------------------
1993 Celica GT Coupe - sold
1994 Celica GT Liftback
post Oct 13, 2013 - 2:53 PM
+Quote Post
sr666

Enthusiast
Joined Jul 31, '12
From England
Currently Offline

I've just logged in after listing my Black GT for sale and I see Box has made a thread biggrin.gif

It came up lovely after the hard work mate fair play,

The only thing I don't like is that it's Red frown.gif
post Oct 13, 2013 - 4:22 PM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

put in some fog lights. it will look great.

--------------------
Learned a lot in 10 years... I hardly log in anymore, last login Today Sept 6 2019, and I was forced just to clarify a post. LOL

If you PM me and I dont respond, dont fret or cry. Im alive, better post your questions in the thread below, maybe I log back in

2grfe Swapped... Why I chose the 2GR, before you ask read here...

A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.

@llamaraxing in Instagram is the best way to find me. I hardly log here anymore.
post Oct 13, 2013 - 7:13 PM
+Quote Post
rentaspace

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 23, '12
From Australia
Currently Offline

I didn't believe it at first, box making a project thread >.<

Anyway, I would put some foggies on her and then stick to you plan tongue.gif

--------------------

------------------------------| White '94 Celica | Bought 11/05/12 | Sold 12/05/15 |------------------------------
------------------------------| White '02 N-Edition Caldina | Weekend Car |------------------------------

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 28th, 2024 - 6:47 AM