6G Celicas Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

17 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> GreenDemon Celica progression thread, Help needed on last page! swap help please
post Oct 19, 2009 - 9:57 AM
+Quote Post
96stgreendemon

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 7, '09
From Northern kentucky
Currently Offline

first day i had her

the new wheels for her day 2

Before she went in

new wheels and tires on her day 3

cleaned her all up

her new short ram intake

New stereo i installed

Super whites

day i got her back from the tint shop, old tint was cracked and i couldn see out of the back window

essentially the finished product for now, all of th cost me just over 3400, only paid 2300 for the car, let me know what you all think, im new to the whole celica thing but all my cars have been JDM so im no stranger to that. just let me know what you think about mods, i was thinking headers exhaust and maybe coilovers and definately some gt4 risers

This post has been edited by 96stgreendemon: Jul 13, 2011 - 10:45 PM

--------------------
1996 Toyota Celica Project Mean Green
3RD Gen 3SGTE WRC Edition W/LSD E153 - Love BOOST <3

2001 Solar yellow Lexus IS300

2001 Dodge ram 1500 Off-road edition
post Oct 19, 2009 - 10:33 AM
+Quote Post
CastrolCelica

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 27, '09
From Columbus, Ohio
Currently Offline

The pajama bottoms in the stereo shot made me laugh.

Joking aside, it looks MUCH better. I really like it. I was never a fan of that color, but you made it look good with the wheels and tint. Is that the original paint job? If so, it's held up VERY well over the years, I'm quite impressed! You'll soon find many other things to upgrade.. it's a bug, it'll get ya wink.gif.

A couple suggestions:

PLEASE clean out your engine bay. I know, I know, it's not ever high on the priority list, but it'll make that new air intake all the more special when everything around it is gleaming as well wink.gif.
It almost may be time to replace your rear (or for that matter both while you're at it) rotors. They look quite rusty.

But yea, great start bud. Stay here and read up some. You'll learn about a BOATLOAD of things you can do to improve your Celica.

This post has been edited by CastrolCelica: Oct 19, 2009 - 10:34 AM

--------------------
post Oct 19, 2009 - 10:42 AM
+Quote Post
96stgreendemon

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 7, '09
From Northern kentucky
Currently Offline

QUOTE (CastrolCelica @ Oct 19, 2009 - 11:33 AM) *

Joking aside, it looks MUCH better. I really like it. I was never a fan of that color, but you made it look good with the wheels and tint. Is that the original paint job? If so, it's held up VERY well over the years, I'm quite impressed! You'll soon find many other things to upgrade.. it's a bug, it'll get ya wink.gif.

A couple suggestions:

PLEASE clean out your engine bay. I know, I know, it's not ever high on the priority list, but it'll make that new air intake all the more special when everything around it is gleaming as well wink.gif.
It almost may be time to replace your rear (or for that matter both while you're at it) rotors. They look quite rusty.

But yea, great start bud. Stay here and read up some. You'll learn about a BOATLOAD of things you can do to improve your Celica.

yea i was going to clean the engine bay but couldn find the time to do it before i put it on but now im not sure how to do it without getting water in the intake. any suggestiones?

--------------------

post Oct 19, 2009 - 11:09 AM
+Quote Post
CastrolCelica

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 27, '09
From Columbus, Ohio
Currently Offline

QUOTE (96stgreendemon @ Oct 19, 2009 - 11:42 AM) *
QUOTE (CastrolCelica @ Oct 19, 2009 - 11:33 AM) *

A couple suggestions:

yea i was going to clean the engine bay but couldn find the time to do it before i put it on but now im not sure how to do it without getting water in the intake. any suggestiones?

Most of the dirt you can get off by just wiping it down with degreaser and a rag to be honest. If you know what you're doing, you can also pour a bucket of water over specific areas and not damage the car (avoiding electrical areas is always a good thing). I did this when my radiator had a leak and spewed coolant everywhere and it worked quote well.

But all that grime on the frame itself and on the valve cover, ect. can be easily cleaned by hand.

--------------------
post Oct 19, 2009 - 11:13 AM
+Quote Post
96stgreendemon

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 7, '09
From Northern kentucky
Currently Offline

cool, i just want the car to look good, im looking at headers soon but right now its postponed due to money, it was either put more into the car or pay my tuition for this semester lol

--------------------

post Oct 19, 2009 - 11:21 AM
+Quote Post
CastrolCelica

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 27, '09
From Columbus, Ohio
Currently Offline

QUOTE (96stgreendemon @ Oct 19, 2009 - 12:13 PM) *
cool, i just want the car to look good, im looking at headers soon but right now its postponed due to money, it was either put more into the car or pay my tuition for this semester lol

Tough call wink.gif tongue.gif

--------------------
post Oct 19, 2009 - 5:48 PM
+Quote Post
delusionz

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 11, '08
From Auckland, New Zealand
Currently Offline

Wow, I've never made that many changes on the first day/week and I'm on my 3rd Gen6 Celica. Looks like they're all good changes too, nice.

I've never changed wheels, changed my lights months into it, stereo has always come last and never done tints.

Intake always on day 1 though biggrin.gif

--------------------
Mike W
1996 Toyota Celica ST205 GT-FOUR
GT2860RS turbine, TiAL mvr44, JE 86.5φ piston, Clutchmasters FX400, APEX P-FC
269awhp / 273ft-lbs
post Oct 19, 2009 - 6:10 PM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Online

That's odd, you have a '96 model, which has the facelift bumper (as it should,) but has the '94-95 spoiler. I guess whoever owned the car before you had the good taste to change it.

The car looks good, and so far you've been very tasteful. Keep up the good work!

--------------------
"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others labored hard for." -Socrates. Even Socrates told us to use the search button!

2006 Aston Martin V8 Vantage.
1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2022 4Runner TRD Off Road Prenium.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post Oct 19, 2009 - 6:17 PM
+Quote Post
SwissFerdi

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 18, '09
From Orlando
Currently Offline

Nice-looking 6GC man. Richee, I think that's because it's an Anniversary model...don't quote me on that.

--------------------
'97 ST \ Eibach \ KYB \ Kenwood \ Alpine \ Cusco \ OEM+ [sold 10/18]
'93 MX-5 LE
post Oct 19, 2009 - 6:50 PM
+Quote Post
Espo

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 11, '09
From Buffalo, NY
Currently Offline

Swissferdi: Nope, my '96 25th Anni has the three-prong bumper.

Greendemon, nice looking car - I had that color on my 94 but the paint was nowhere near the condition yours is in. I like all the changes you've made, the tint definitely made an impact to work well with that particular color.

This post has been edited by Espo: Oct 19, 2009 - 6:52 PM

--------------------
post Oct 19, 2009 - 7:36 PM
+Quote Post
95CelicaST

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 5, '05
From pineapple under the sea
Currently Offline

QUOTE (SwissFerdi @ Oct 19, 2009 - 4:17 PM) *
Nice-looking 6GC man. Richee, I think that's because it's an Anniversary model...don't quote me on that.

Nope. The spoiler might have been an option, but I would advise the OP to go check for a VIN sticker on the inside of the hatch and see if it matches the VIN on the dash.

Besides, a 25th anniversary has the black emblems, and the 25th anniversary emblem and sticker on the fender.

--------------------
1991 MR2 - T-tops - Crimson Red - Gen3 3SGTE - Lots of money

I'm not really an asshole, but I play one on the internet.
**** Photobucket
post Oct 19, 2009 - 7:42 PM
+Quote Post
SwissFerdi

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 18, '09
From Orlando
Currently Offline

I could've sworn I read that somewhere here...alright, learned something new. I thought prefacelift and facelift parts were never interchanged.

--------------------
'93 MX-5 LE
post Oct 19, 2009 - 7:48 PM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Online

QUOTE (SwissFerdi @ Oct 19, 2009 - 7:42 PM) *
I could've sworn I read that somewhere here...alright, learned something new. I thought prefacelift and facelift parts were never interchanged.

They weren't. You either have '94-95 parts or '96-99 parts, unless the owner/s of the car changed it somewhere along the lines. In this case, the spoiler was changed for the better.

Where in Kentucky are you from, 96stgreendemon?

This post has been edited by richee3: Oct 19, 2009 - 7:53 PM

--------------------
"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others labored hard for." -Socrates. Even Socrates told us to use the search button!

2006 Aston Martin V8 Vantage.
1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2022 4Runner TRD Off Road Prenium.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post Oct 19, 2009 - 9:29 PM
+Quote Post
96stgreendemon

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 7, '09
From Northern kentucky
Currently Offline

QUOTE (richee3 @ Oct 19, 2009 - 7:48 PM) *
QUOTE (SwissFerdi @ Oct 19, 2009 - 7:42 PM) *

They weren't. You either have '94-95 parts or '96-99 parts, unless the owner/s of the car changed it somewhere along the lines. In this case, the spoiler was changed for the better.

Where in Kentucky are you from, 96stgreendemon?

im from northern kentucky like the florence aere, like thirty south of cincinnati, but i bought the car from ohio, but prior to that the car was in tenessee so its nice because she doesnt have all the rust like most of them do around here

QUOTE (richee3 @ Oct 19, 2009 - 6:10 PM) *
That's odd, you have a '96 model, which has the facelift bumper (as it should,) but has the '94-95 spoiler. I guess whoever owned the car before you had the good taste to change it.

The car looks good, and so far you've been very tasteful. Keep up the good work!

i believe that this is the right spoiler for the gt4 risers. anyone have an answer? or risers for sale

--------------------

post Oct 19, 2009 - 9:40 PM
+Quote Post
SwissFerdi

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 18, '09
From Orlando
Currently Offline

Yes, that is indeed the right spoiler. The only thing you'll have to do is drill new holes in the spoiler, I believe.

This post has been edited by SwissFerdi: Oct 19, 2009 - 9:40 PM

--------------------
'93 MX-5 LE
post Oct 19, 2009 - 10:06 PM
+Quote Post
96stgreendemon

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 7, '09
From Northern kentucky
Currently Offline

QUOTE (SwissFerdi @ Oct 19, 2009 - 9:40 PM) *
Yes, that is indeed the right spoiler. The only thing you'll have to do is drill new holes in the spoiler, I believe.

cool, how hard is it to unbolt all that with the plastic trim around the hatch? and how much do the risers usually go for?

--------------------

post Oct 19, 2009 - 10:41 PM
+Quote Post
SwissFerdi

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 18, '09
From Orlando
Currently Offline

Removing the spoiler is pretty easy. Just take off the interior plastics, starting with the small cover in the center. I would take a screw driver and apply a small amount of force to the outside of the trim, and then the clips will just pop out of place. Since you have a 2-post, all you have to do is use a wrench to undo the 2 bolts on each side and that's it. The spoiler will probably need a bit of force to come loose. Good luck. thumbsup.gif

I've seen risers for around 150, there are usually a few sold by members each month.

This post has been edited by SwissFerdi: Oct 19, 2009 - 10:42 PM

--------------------
'93 MX-5 LE
post Oct 19, 2009 - 11:02 PM
+Quote Post
96stgreendemon

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 7, '09
From Northern kentucky
Currently Offline

cool cool sounds good bro, i think that will most likely be the last thing i do to her, i wanna keep her looking classy, maybe a new exhaust for her but thats in the future

--------------------

post Oct 23, 2009 - 10:54 AM
+Quote Post
96stgreendemon

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 7, '09
From Northern kentucky
Currently Offline

i finally got my other car sold so now i have 2 grand cash in my hand so im thinking risers

--------------------

post Oct 23, 2009 - 12:24 PM
+Quote Post
mak5603

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 20, '08
From Seattle, WA
Currently Offline

Get some clear sides, i think they would look really good with that color and are only like 25 bucks on ebay.

--------------------
2006 BMW 330i - 6 Speed - Dinan Stage 1
2014 Toyota Rav4 XLE

17 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 28th, 2024 - 2:30 PM