6G Celicas Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

60 Pages V  « < 56 57 58 59 60 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Richee3's Progress thread., Wilwood BBK installed.
post Feb 17, 2019 - 10:44 PM
+Quote Post
enderswift

Enthusiast
Joined Jul 12, '08
Currently Offline

Awesome updates dude,

really liking the side by side night shots. Also the double din looks great, I really need to get one of those...

--------------------
post Feb 24, 2019 - 6:06 PM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

QUOTE (TimeslideZ @ Feb 15, 2019 - 1:58 PM) *
Ha ha! I love it, the compromise. Guess I won't have to deal w/ that just yet being single. Did you ever think about silver or gold? My calipers are gold and I think it matches the Baltic Blue (given that the engine cover was also gold).
Silver would've been another option, less "subtle" perhaps.

We wanted a color other than the usual red, black, or silver but what color beyond those we couldn't quite agree on. I would have loved a dark blue to match Baltic but that seemed to be out of the question without getting something custom mixed up. Also, give me those 57CR's you have...

QUOTE (enderswift @ Feb 17, 2019 - 10:44 PM) *
Awesome updates dude,

really liking the side by side night shots. Also the double din looks great, I really need to get one of those...

Far from the most awesome updates in any of the project threads here lately. wink.gif Just small, inexpensive easy stuff so far. The boost gauge was needed for quick reference at a glance and the wideband is a necessity. The speakers were needed as well but the head unit didn't cost very much. Your car has a single DIN in it? I could have sworn you have a double DIN. I just like the double DIN to be able to quickly see everything and change songs or adjust volume without having to put much thought into it, otherwise I probably wouldn't spend the money on them. I frequently miss the steering wheel volume adjustment in the GT4 although I do like the Momo steering wheel. I want an EBC to replace the MBC but we'll see how long it takes me to spend the money on that. laugh.gif

--------------------
"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others labored hard for." -Socrates. Even Socrates told us to use the search button!

2006 Aston Martin V8 Vantage.
1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2022 4Runner TRD Off Road Prenium.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post Mar 24, 2019 - 8:25 PM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

Sunday update!

Last weekend I picked up a new BEAMS harness from Aspen so this weekend I got it swapped into the car and moved the battery back up to the engine bay. Last summer I spent more time than I care to admit diagnosing the harness for a couple of different issues. First and foremost has been an ongoing issue where the ECU was pulling timing after the engine warmed up. I assumed knock sensor, ran a new wire external to the rest of the harness, tested all my connections, and never could find the issue. The second issue is that sometimes it acts as though the alternator isn’t charging. A couple of years ago I had an alternator burn up and cooked the end of the wire so I had to cut and splice new wires, so presumably that’s the cause of this issue. Either way, that’s two pretty big issues in my harness that have been a thorn in my side so when Matt told me he had a harness available, I jumped on it. Plus it’s nice to have the trunk space back.

I missed part of the battery tie down at the junkyard, so that sucks. Gotta get that fixed ASAP.

For the GT4, no big update. Finally got around to putting some Lexus door strikers, small and subtle but a nice touch.

Then I pulled the seats for a thorough vacuuming and steam cleaning, then I had some fabric and vinyl dye so I dyed the top of the back seats black again. Unfortunately they’ve gotten a little faded but it was a quick and easy fix. Then I tossed these seats back in it instead.

Got some free JDM money from the seats though!

Next weekend will be a thorough wash, clay bar, and polishing followed by ceramic coat.

--------------------
"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others labored hard for." -Socrates. Even Socrates told us to use the search button!

1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post Mar 24, 2019 - 8:44 PM
+Quote Post
navseal345

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 17, '09
From Millard, Omaha, Nebraska
Currently Offline

So did the new harness work/ solve the issues? Such a cliffhanger.
post Mar 24, 2019 - 9:06 PM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

QUOTE (navseal345 @ Mar 24, 2019 - 7:44 PM) *
So did the new harness work/ solve the issues? Such a cliffhanger.

I honestly don’t know yet myself. The engine turns over and starts quicker with the new harness and battery back up front but all I’ve done is swap the harness in and burp the coolant where I had to disconnect the heater core hoses, then pulled the GT4 into the garage. First drive will be tomorrow.

--------------------

1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post Apr 14, 2019 - 4:31 PM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

Lame update incoming!

Today I replaced the fuel pump in the BEAMS. No idea yet if any change will be made but if it doesn’t, then this turd will stay slow forever. Getting pretty tired of messing with it. I won’t find out for a month or so if it’s made a difference, since I’m not allowed to drive any of the fun cars. frown.gif

Last weekend I did some paint correction and ceramic coating on the GT4. It’s not perfect but at least it’s got some protection!

Also bought some Redline 75W90NS for the trans but we haven’t swapped it out yet. That’s a job for the wife next weekend while I supervise since apparently I’m not allowed to turn wrenches for a while now either. (I did the fuel pump while she was grocery shopping. wink.gif )

But most importantly, we got a special delivery for the ‘Four.

Not the Gram Lights I wanted, but those are still on the to-do list. We just like these Enkeis more than the Lehrmeisters that came on the car.

--------------------

1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post Apr 14, 2019 - 5:16 PM
+Quote Post
navseal345

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 17, '09
Currently Offline

*drool*
post Apr 14, 2019 - 5:36 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

So wait, when did this ST205 come around? redface.gif

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Apr 15, 2019 - 8:40 AM
+Quote Post
bloodMoney

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 4, '06
From Chicagoland
Currently Offline

LMAO

Welcome back Box.

--------------------
~bloodMoney
post Apr 15, 2019 - 9:07 AM
+Quote Post
NgoFcukinWay

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 7, '06
From Houston, Tx
Currently Offline

ST205 needs coilovers.

--------------------
-Alex {](O_o)[}

1993.5 Toyota Supra ....with stuff.... ....sorta broken....
1998 Toyota Celica ....this one, too, has stuff.... ....broken....yeah...definitely broken....
post Apr 15, 2019 - 3:43 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

It's also in my second favourite Celica colour, just behind Iris Pearl. I guess this happened sometime between January and March since it'd have just turned 25, guess will have to go back a few pages.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Apr 15, 2019 - 8:13 PM
+Quote Post
navseal345

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 17, '09
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Box @ Apr 15, 2019 - 3:43 PM) *
It's also in my second favourite Celica colour, just behind Iris Pearl. I guess this happened sometime between January and March since it'd have just turned 25, guess will have to go back a few pages.

Yes, that's what Daniel told the government. Lmao
post Apr 15, 2019 - 8:32 PM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Box @ Apr 14, 2019 - 4:36 PM) *
So wait, when did this ST205 come around? redface.gif

QUOTE (Box @ Apr 15, 2019 - 2:43 PM) *

It came around by chance, certainly not intentionally. Right car, right price, right here in town. Happened back in December, perhaps the only fed legal ST205 before the 25 year rule hit. I'm not a fan of cars that didn't come in legally when it's my money on the line.

QUOTE (NgoFcukinWay @ Apr 15, 2019 - 8:07 AM) *
ST205 needs coilovers.

Lol it's actually lowered already, but the way it sat when I put it back on the ground doesn't look like it. No coilovers for the 'Four.

QUOTE (navseal345 @ Apr 15, 2019 - 7:13 PM) *
Yes, that's what Daniel told the government. Lmao

See above. wink.gif Nothing against any of the cars that were already here but I would never have bought this one if it wasn't here legally. I'm definitely not wealthy enough to risk a car getting crushed.

--------------------

1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post Apr 15, 2019 - 9:28 PM
+Quote Post
navseal345

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 17, '09
Currently Offline

I know, just trying to make a funny.
post Apr 15, 2019 - 10:00 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Well if it's going by the month and it was made in '93 could still meet the 25 year rule, but hey so long as it has a valid U.S. title just roll with it. Not wealthy enough, pl0z you has turbo Supra so donut lie to me. tongue.gif

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Apr 15, 2019 - 10:06 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Side note, lolz Daniel is Dink:

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Apr 15, 2019 - 11:05 PM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

QUOTE (navseal345 @ Apr 15, 2019 - 8:28 PM) *
I know, just trying to make a funny.

Ah, that went right over my head. I just took a break from doing homework to check 6gc so I’m taking everything too seriously. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Box @ Apr 15, 2019 - 9:00 PM) *
Well if it's going by the month and it was made in '93 could still meet the 25 year rule, but hey so long as it has a valid U.S. title just roll with it. Not wealthy enough, pl0z you has turbo Supra so donut lie to me. tongue.gif

This one is like 08/94, if memory serves correctly. I bought Supra Turbo when Supra Turbo was cheaper, wouldn’t buy one again at today’s prices. Especially not $175k or whatever one just sold for...

QUOTE (Box @ Apr 15, 2019 - 9:06 PM) *
Side note, lolz Daniel is Dink:
[img]https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/68834671.jpg[/

This is my life plan, yes. I’m just kind of winging everything else. laugh.gif

--------------------

1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post Apr 16, 2019 - 12:36 AM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

You have to get the Dink theme music to play now whenever you show up somewhere, and your vocabulary has to mostly consist of "Very Expensive" or "Whatever". laugh.gif

I don't understand Supra prices, then again last I saw manual V8 fourth gens were going up. I won't complain since I have one I need to sell for a Miata, but I don't think they're worth what they're going for either but at least it's a lot closer to reality than the Supra... You should cash in on the Supra hype right after the new one totally bombs and people want the MKIV even more.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Apr 20, 2019 - 4:20 PM
+Quote Post
Ted95

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 8, '09
From Westport, MA
Currently Offline

Damnnn Richee has a GT4 now? Baltic blue gt4?? Makes me want to actually start my lift back project lol .. love the new wheels Daniel!!

--------------------
st205 powered ss3 coupe
post Jun 27, 2019 - 11:33 AM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Ted95 @ Apr 20, 2019 - 3:20 PM) *
Damnnn Richee has a GT4 now? Baltic blue gt4?? Makes me want to actually start my lift back project lol .. love the new wheels Daniel!!

Yes sir! It’s more like Brigette’s car than mine, really. I just provide labor in exchange for occasionally getting to drive it.

While we were away, I had to replace the fuel tank in the white car... again. The new one kept getting new leaks. Frustrating to say the least. RockAuto warrantied it out for me for the same brand so I’m certain this one will be leaking in no time as well. As such, I didn’t even bother coating this one with anything. It’s already supposed to have a rust-proof paint on it but I don’t trust it to last another 20 years.

--------------------

1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.

60 Pages V  « < 56 57 58 59 60 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 28th, 2024 - 2:59 PM