+Quote Post
jordisonjr

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 20, '09
From Winnipeg
Currently Offline

QUOTE (jesse09 @ Sep 1, 2015 - 10:30 AM) *
QUOTE (jordisonjr @ Sep 1, 2015 - 9:48 AM) *
How the HECK did you get an ST sway bar for 37 dollars?!
Also, waaaay back in the journal, how did you manage to get the gtfour bumper fit with the stock hood without a gap? cwm13.gif

I have no clue why it was so cheap. I bought it at $37 on amazon and checked on it the next morning to give 6gc a heads up and it had jumped back up to normal price.

About the bumper. I didn't do the work, a local body shop installed it. But i believe he had to mold/flex the bumper about an inch for it to work. Sorry not much help lol

No Worries, I was just curious what made it fit, whether it was the bumper that was modded or the hood, cause neither appeared to have been modded.
I also thought it may just have been the angle of the photo, but it looked great.

I wish I coudl find a sway bar for that cheap. Where abouts on amazon were you looking? I didn't even realize they sold parts there.

--------------------
-Protection mode, For when your amp tries to blow its load.

1995 Toyota Celica GTS - Daily Driver
1999 Chevy Cavalier - Winter Beater
1994 Honda Civic CX Hatchback - Dead

My Celica!
post Sep 1, 2015 - 1:42 PM
+Quote Post
jesse09

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 19, '09
From Texas
Currently Offline

QUOTE (jordisonjr @ Sep 1, 2015 - 11:42 AM) *
QUOTE (jesse09 @ Sep 1, 2015 - 10:30 AM) *
QUOTE (jordisonjr @ Sep 1, 2015 - 9:48 AM) *
How the HECK did you get an ST sway bar for 37 dollars?!
Also, waaaay back in the journal, how did you manage to get the gtfour bumper fit with the stock hood without a gap? cwm13.gif

I have no clue why it was so cheap. I bought it at $37 on amazon and checked on it the next morning to give 6gc a heads up and it had jumped back up to normal price.

About the bumper. I didn't do the work, a local body shop installed it. But i believe he had to mold/flex the bumper about an inch for it to work. Sorry not much help lol

No Worries, I was just curious what made it fit, whether it was the bumper that was modded or the hood, cause neither appeared to have been modded.
I also thought it may just have been the angle of the photo, but it looked great.

I wish I coudl find a sway bar for that cheap. Where abouts on amazon were you looking? I didn't even realize they sold parts there.

I just searched the model: ST Suspension 51200. I ended up selling it for a little more then what I paid for it tho.

You can find all kinds of stuff on amazon. I've found some hard to find parts by going to the manufacturers sites and getting the model numbers. Search by the model cause search by description is garbage on amazon.

The bumper looked good without the hood and it flowed great. I've had several people ask me how it was done but the guy who did it for me was no longer at that shop.

post Oct 9, 2015 - 10:45 PM
+Quote Post
jesse09

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 19, '09
From Texas
Currently Offline

Have everything I need (i think) to tackle the front and rear brake upgrade tomorrow minus brake fluid.

Also, the 4 smaller boxes against the wall are the motor and transmission mounts, hoping to get those done by the end of the month.

post Oct 10, 2015 - 4:43 PM
+Quote Post
BonzaiCelica

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 24, '08
From Orange County, CA
Currently Offline

Oo rotors for the track

--------------------
For Sale Items:
post Oct 12, 2015 - 9:19 AM
+Quote Post
jesse09

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 19, '09
From Texas
Currently Offline

QUOTE (BonzaiCelica @ Oct 10, 2015 - 5:43 PM) *
Oo rotors for the track

I do eventually want to track it, though that's many months away. I found a good deal on them so I figured why not.
post Oct 13, 2015 - 10:22 AM
+Quote Post
LtSolid

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 9, '15
From Freeport, NY
Currently Offline

did you get the calipers and brackets powder coated? they look awsome
post Oct 13, 2015 - 10:29 AM
+Quote Post
jesse09

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 19, '09
From Texas
Currently Offline

QUOTE (LtSolid @ Oct 13, 2015 - 10:22 AM) *

Thanks!

Nope, I just cleaned them up really good with a wire brush and brake part cleaner, then painted them with caliper paint and threw on a TTE decal. Turned out a little better than I expected tbh.
post Oct 13, 2015 - 2:15 PM
+Quote Post
LtSolid

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 9, '15
From Freeport, NY
Currently Offline

QUOTE (jesse09 @ Oct 13, 2015 - 11:29 AM) *

Thanks!

Nope, I just cleaned them up really good with a wire brush and brake part cleaner, then painted them with caliper paint and threw on a TTE decal. Turned out a little better than I expected tbh.
the brake upgrade is gonna make your car look so much better. but one thing tho, you just have to swap out t
he GT backing plate, plus bracket, caliper and brake lines? i was thinking just getting the whole spindles from a yard and putting those in with lines.

This post has been edited by LtSolid: Oct 13, 2015 - 2:15 PM
post Oct 13, 2015 - 3:56 PM
+Quote Post
jesse09

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 19, '09
From Texas
Currently Offline

QUOTE (LtSolid @ Oct 13, 2015 - 3:15 PM) *

Thanks!

the brake upgrade is gonna make your car look so much better. but one thing tho, you just have to swap out t
he GT backing plate, plus bracket, caliper and brake lines? i was thinking just getting the whole spindles from a yard and putting those in with lines.

You will also need the parking brake cables attached to the backing plate. You have to get underneath the car and disconnect them behind the exhaust cover. For some reason this was hardly mentioned so it took me a while to figure out before I found it. This is for the rears.

You can just swap the spindles as well but it seemed harder that way, at least for me since i didn't have tools to remove those really have bolts and I want to say the control arm is usually seized, which involves having to cut it. I found it much easier to take off parts individually since I was gonna clean, paint and swap the hardware anyway.

This post has been edited by jesse09: Oct 13, 2015 - 3:58 PM
post Oct 13, 2015 - 5:31 PM
+Quote Post
Malek

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 26, '09
From Los Angeles
Currently Offline

Those calipers came out really nice! Brake upgrades ftw! thumbsup.gif

--------------------
post Oct 14, 2015 - 1:23 PM
+Quote Post
jesse09

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 19, '09
From Texas
Currently Offline

So I didn't expect the EBC green stuff pads to be THIS GREEN. Ya i know that sounds crazy. It doesn't look bad just personally not about the colorful look. I'm gonna dump them and pick up a set of TRD pads for the front and OEM Toyota pads for the rear. Unfortunately cars going to have to sit for about a week until they arrive

Here's a comparison photo of the old cheapo ST rotor vs the slotted EBC GT rotor.

post Oct 14, 2015 - 1:29 PM
+Quote Post
jesse09

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 19, '09
From Texas
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Malek @ Oct 13, 2015 - 6:31 PM) *
Those calipers came out really nice! Brake upgrades ftw! thumbsup.gif

Thanks! I'd like to get on your level and do a GT4 updgrade lol
post Oct 15, 2015 - 9:45 AM
+Quote Post
LtSolid

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 9, '15
From Freeport, NY
Currently Offline

QUOTE (jesse09 @ Oct 13, 2015 - 3:56 PM) *

Thanks!

You will also need the parking brake cables attached to the backing plate. You have to get underneath the car and disconnect them behind the exhaust cover. For some reason this was hardly mentioned so it took me a while to figure out before I found it. This is for the rears.

You can just swap the spindles as well but it seemed harder that way, at least for me since i didn't have tools to remove those really have bolts and I want to say the control arm is usually seized, which involves having to cut it. I found it much easier to take off parts individually since I was gonna clean, paint and swap the hardware anyway.
thanks for the info! had no idea about the parking brake line. i assumed i could use my ST cable. show some pics of the TRD pads, never knew trd made and still sell pads for our celicas.
post Oct 15, 2015 - 2:49 PM
+Quote Post
jesse09

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 19, '09
From Texas
Currently Offline

QUOTE (LtSolid @ Oct 15, 2015 - 9:45 AM) *
QUOTE (jesse09 @ Oct 13, 2015 - 3:56 PM) *

Thanks!

thanks for the info! had no idea about the parking brake line. i assumed i could use my ST cable. show some pics of the TRD pads, never knew trd made and still sell pads for our celicas.

I just ordered the pads so hopefully they come in next week. They're unavailable at the local dealer but I called another one and they had some in stock. I'll upload some when they come in, until then I'm gonna have to ride on some autozone pads
post Oct 15, 2015 - 11:42 PM
+Quote Post
BonzaiCelica

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 24, '08
From Orange County, CA
Currently Offline

But those vibrant colors really add flare and awe to your whip in the JDM, seem haven't you seen?

--------------------
For Sale Items:
post Oct 16, 2015 - 7:57 AM
+Quote Post
msk59

Enthusiast
Joined May 10, '14
From Tulsa, OK
Currently Offline

QUOTE (jesse09 @ Aug 6, 2015 - 6:09 PM) *
Added the fairing to complete the roof rack.

Got a few other things that I'm starting to gather parts for, mainly braking upgrade

Hi Jesse09. Nice upgrades. can you post some more pictures of the roof rack. I really like it and tell us what brand it is with the spoiler in the front.
Thanks
post Oct 16, 2015 - 9:06 AM
+Quote Post
jesse09

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 19, '09
From Texas
Currently Offline

QUOTE (BonzaiCelica @ Oct 15, 2015 - 11:42 PM) *
But those vibrant colors really add flare and awe to your whip in the JDM, seem haven't you seen?

I don't think i've seen it. I wouldn't mind a little green cause I thought the shims would cover up most of it. But it turns out these don't come with shims and installing them isn't recommended. so the green is fully exposed
post Oct 16, 2015 - 11:37 AM
+Quote Post
jesse09

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 19, '09
From Texas
Currently Offline

Thanks msk59. Here's some pics of the roof rack

Parts I used are

Yakima Q towers
Yakima Q 11 clips
Yakima stretch kit
Yakima 48" crossbars
Yakima 38" 35 year anniversary fairing
Yakima locks and keys

It's pretty sturdy and sits nice. I bought the q towers, crossbars, locks and keys used. The rest new

post Oct 16, 2015 - 2:51 PM
+Quote Post
msk59

Enthusiast
Joined May 10, '14
From Tulsa, OK
Currently Offline

Awesome. Yeh that does looks cool especially with the front spoiler! Thanks very much.
post Oct 26, 2015 - 2:43 PM
+Quote Post
jesse09

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 19, '09
From Texas
Currently Offline

So the TRD pads were discontinued as expected. I went ahead and kept the EBC green stuff pads on there and have now put about 200 miles on the new front brake upgrade.

Overall a very good improvement over my factory setup so far. It's not too much or too little. Smooth with hardly any noise but there is a moderate amount of dust that has accumulated.

Hopefully I'll have times for rears this week

6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 28th, 2024 - 6:52 AM