+Quote Post
jesse09

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 19, '09
From Texas
Currently Offline

QUOTE (sr666 @ Apr 27, 2013 - 4:18 AM) *
Plans are sounding good sir.

Now I can give advice and say that as per strut braces the GT Four rear brace is well worth buying so I'd be inclined to buy that first then if you decide you'd like sway bars too then get the rear one only in my opinion as it would set handling better.

With regards to brakes I don't know if you've got drums on the rear but I'd be looking at the front brakes first not the rears. The GT brakes are bigger / much better so I'd be doing that myself

Seats you say eh,

Right then I've got gen 7 seats in my 6 at the minute (pics in my progress thread I believe) and the first thing I'll say is they're much softer than the 6 seats although they lack support because of this. I'd be inclined to say are you going for looks or actual performance ie are you going to track the car / drive it hard etc?

If not then get gen 7 seats, If you are then get the 6 seats sorted

Simples haha

Excellent input man! I will be taking your advice and just start out with adding the strut brace, then possibly look at the sway bars. Idk why such I didn't think of such any easy solution.

Well I have rear drums and from what I've read converting to disk makes a pretty good amount of difference and I think it looks better too.

As for the seats, I just got a look at your interior and those seats look ballin. I'm leaning more towards the 7th gen now. I've never taken the car to track or anything. Im more about looks and comfort, and the 7 seem to be more comfortable.

post Apr 27, 2013 - 6:21 AM
+Quote Post
sr666

Enthusiast
Joined Jul 31, '12
From England
Currently Offline

Anytime mate happy to help.

Over in the UK even our ST's had rear disks that why I asked as I don't know too much about the differences

A lot of help would come from the rear brace they do make a big difference so well worth trying that first. Again from what I can tell of the sway bars they're more track focused so they maybe overkill lol.

Of course if something breaks it's a good time for an upgrade but I wouldn't do it of my own accord when there's lots of other stuff to do haha
post May 7, 2013 - 5:54 PM
+Quote Post
jesse09

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 19, '09
From Texas
Currently Offline

Finally replaced the windshield washer lines and fluid tank! This has never worked on my car due to a cracked tank and missing lines. Now that it's all working I realize how convenient having this feature is!
post Jun 26, 2013 - 12:05 PM
+Quote Post
jesse09

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 19, '09
From Texas
Currently Offline

So I finally had some movement on my car this week. And I think it's some of the most exciting and best yet. Adding to my resume of good deals is... Leather seats! And premium door panels with eclipse speakers for just 200 dollars!

The front seats are literally 10/10 and rear about 8/10. They are are dark smoke grey color that was the precise color I wanted!

The door panels are from the 8 speaker set up and they are about 9/10.

I found the donor car about 2 hours drive from my house on craigslist and picked the stuff up at a great price. The extra speaker really bring out the mids and add a much more full and rich sound! And seats are really comfy and makes it feel like a brand new car. Also added a TRD horn sticker for looks and painted my cluster needles red orange, this added a more aggressive feel. I bought some TOMS seat belt cushions just for kicks.

I also finally painted and installed the trd splitters and oem sideskirts. I think it looks really good but I'm still debating wether to keep them on or not. Comments always welcome!

post Jun 26, 2013 - 12:29 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

QUOTE (jesse09 @ Jun 26, 2013 - 12:05 PM) *
So I finally had some movement on my car this week. And I think it's some of the most exciting and best yet. Adding to my resume of good deals is... Leather seats! And premium door panels with eclipse speakers for just 200 dollars!

Just so you know, I hate you now. tongue.gif

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Jun 26, 2013 - 1:06 PM
+Quote Post
cheela

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 2, '07
From Berlin, WI
Currently Offline

I'm with Box. tongue.gif you are just too good at getting these deals!
those are on my to-do lists but can never find a decent set or seats or door panel.

--------------------

*1997 Celica ST - 3SGE Greytop BEAMS
*1977 Celica RA29 - Classic Cruiser
*2005 Matrix AWD - dedded but still hanging around like a ghost
2019 Rav4 XLE Premium - Sports mode is fun.
post Jun 29, 2013 - 1:08 AM
+Quote Post
jesse09

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 19, '09
From Texas
Currently Offline

Ya I will admit this is like a dream find. Couldn't really believe it at first but I'm glad I searched eBay and Craigslist daily, and got a lucky find! Seats aren't really leather though now that I examined them, but they are a high quality vinyl.
post Jun 29, 2013 - 1:32 AM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Thought they looked different than the leather seats I've seen. Look to be top notch, someone paid good money to have them recovered.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Aug 7, 2013 - 8:24 PM
+Quote Post
jesse09

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 19, '09
From Texas
Currently Offline

Small update:

Added armrest cover

Also added a new alpine headunit but have no pic of it. Model cde-148bt. It's their newest lineup and features a nice 9 band equalizer, 4v pre-outs and time correction along with some other nice tuning perks.
post Nov 8, 2013 - 8:34 PM
+Quote Post
jesse09

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 19, '09
From Texas
Currently Offline

Haven't done much with my car lately. Added some 8mm spacers to rear and 5mm to the front.

Currently contemplating buying a turbo setup from the for sale forums . Not really sure how good of an idea this is, as my engine has quite a bit of miles.
post Nov 8, 2013 - 9:09 PM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

I wouldn't worry about the mileage as long as the engine has healthy compression.

This post has been edited by richee3: Nov 8, 2013 - 9:26 PM

--------------------
"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others labored hard for." -Socrates. Even Socrates told us to use the search button!

2006 Aston Martin V8 Vantage.
1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2022 4Runner TRD Off Road Prenium.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post Nov 10, 2013 - 10:07 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

QUOTE (richee3 @ Nov 8, 2013 - 8:09 PM) *
I wouldn't worry about the mileage as long as the engine has healthy compression.

That. Though a mild refresh wouldn't hurt things though.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Jan 12, 2014 - 12:40 PM
+Quote Post
jesse09

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 19, '09
From Texas
Currently Offline

I wasn't happy with the prefab probox I had so I decided to do something a little more custom. The box took up wayy to much room, sound quality was poor, and wasn't aesthetically pleasing with the amps and wires on the back of the rear seats

Only pic I can find

So I had a custom box made.

I had the guy make it so it stayed relatively aligned to bulges on the side

After that I bought some 1/4 MDF and carpet and began to construct my own "flush" enclosure

And that's all. It's far from perfect but it looks a lot better than having the amps and wire out in the open and there's actually a decent amount of space.

Overall cost other than the actual sub box was about $25 and took less than 2 hours to make. Hope you guys like it

This post has been edited by jesse09: Jan 12, 2014 - 12:42 PM
post Jan 15, 2014 - 6:45 AM
+Quote Post
MarbleFlame

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 8, '13
From Grafton NSW Australia
Currently Offline

Love the look of that enclosure..
post Jan 15, 2014 - 7:37 AM
+Quote Post
rentaspace

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 23, '12
From Australia
Currently Offline

Loving the progress, definitely keep the skirts and spats on (y)

--------------------

------------------------------| White '94 Celica | Bought 11/05/12 | Sold 12/05/15 |------------------------------
------------------------------| White '02 N-Edition Caldina | Weekend Car |------------------------------
post Jan 15, 2014 - 9:54 AM
+Quote Post
cheela

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 2, '07
From Berlin, WI
Currently Offline

what are you gonna do when you have a rear strut bar?! hahahah.
looks good though and decent amount of trunk room left too.

--------------------

*1997 Celica ST - 3SGE Greytop BEAMS
*1977 Celica RA29 - Classic Cruiser
*2005 Matrix AWD - dedded but still hanging around like a ghost
2019 Rav4 XLE Premium - Sports mode is fun.
post Jan 15, 2014 - 8:10 PM
+Quote Post
jesse09

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 19, '09
From Texas
Currently Offline

Thanks guys

Haha I debated for like an hour about the strut bar but decided to just go with a neater box. Ya there is plenty of space for me to store some of my stuff I need.

Definetly keeping the skirts, but I do need to make a thread to trade my rear coupe splitters for some hatch ones.
post Jan 21, 2014 - 12:05 PM
+Quote Post
jesse09

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 19, '09
From Texas
Currently Offline

I ran into some local tein coilovers for pretty cheap. 200 something dollars cheap. Unfortunately I don't know much about coilovers but I don't think these won't fit my ST. But I want to confirm before i pass on them. I also don't really know how to tell on the condition. Can anyone give me some insight on these?

post Jan 21, 2014 - 12:08 PM
+Quote Post
Tigawoods

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 22, '06
From Columbia, MD
Currently Offline

they wont fit

--------------------

1995 GT::::Diffusing the Situation
エキサイティングカーレーシングチーム!
march 2010 COTM : 6GC feature 2014 : january 2015-2016-2018 COTM
post Jan 21, 2014 - 12:38 PM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

yup if you see closely it says is for st205, or the GT4

--------------------
Learned a lot in 10 years... I hardly log in anymore, last login Today Sept 6 2019, and I was forced just to clarify a post. LOL

If you PM me and I dont respond, dont fret or cry. Im alive, better post your questions in the thread below, maybe I log back in

2grfe Swapped... Why I chose the 2GR, before you ask read here...

A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.

@llamaraxing in Instagram is the best way to find me. I hardly log here anymore.

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 28th, 2024 - 11:39 AM