+Quote Post
4-eyed-freek

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 17, '10
From U.P. michigan GO STATE
Currently Offline

QUOTE (dflore23 @ Nov 27, 2014 - 6:33 AM) *
How did you import your gt4 to the US? I would really like to know

I did not do the importing, I was just a buyer. It was originally imported in 2009

--------------------
It takes 8,460 bolts to assemble an automobile, and one nut to scatter it all over the road.

Celica: The name is derived from the Spanish word for "heavenly" or "celestial".
Back-2-Back July COTM 15&16
post Dec 13, 2014 - 1:56 PM
+Quote Post
4-eyed-freek

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 17, '10
Currently Offline

Hey guys! After many weeks of debate on where i was exactly going to put they car (big garage or single car) I decided that i was going to use the bigger of the two due to the fact that it was well light and better heat. I finally got around to getting some good work done. I fist started off with the front brakes. i bought a set used to have them turned, sand blasted, and then painted. Im very pleased with how the results turned out. I also replaced the front pads with new oem supra pads. Once complete with that small task i worked on raising the car up enough for me to undercoat it fully. This included the wheel wells, under body, and also using rust prevention under the door sills to protect the rockers. About 7 hours went into undercoating the car and Im once again extremely pleased with how it turned out. I also removed the pass fender to have it painted and fixed due to the patch job where the usdm turn signal was. My next project will be replacing the rear struts to the trd coils and then replacing the lower control arms.

Started off with this... rust ridges and just a rust bucket to begin with.

This is the end product of having them turned, blasted, and cleaned in a solvent wash. Looks like new!! But not to my standards! biggrin.gif

Spent well over and hour taping each one of these monsters off to insure the paint would look perfect!

I then had my friend prime them and paint them with a high temp paint. (ceramic paint i believe..)

Installed!!

Same process will be done for the rears as well. You can also see from the pictures the undercoat that was applied. (the same product used to do tundra & tacoma frames at dealerships)

Getting that darn fender fixed up, should look 10x better when done!

Cant wait to get her back on the road in spring!!

--------------------
It takes 8,460 bolts to assemble an automobile, and one nut to scatter it all over the road.

Celica: The name is derived from the Spanish word for "heavenly" or "celestial".
post Dec 13, 2014 - 4:08 PM
+Quote Post
Edser

Enthusiast
Joined Jul 5, '12
From Barcelona
Currently Offline

Those disks look awesome. Congrats! I love the wheels too, what size are they and offset? And the the tyres? I'll be looking for something similar for mine.

--------------------
post Dec 13, 2014 - 6:08 PM
+Quote Post
4-eyed-freek

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 17, '10
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Edser @ Dec 13, 2014 - 5:08 PM) *
Those disks look awesome. Congrats! I love the wheels too, what size are they and offset? And the the tyres? I'll be looking for something similar for mine.

Thanks! the wheels are a little rough actually. They are tenzo r mono blocks. 18x8 with 235's in the rear and 225 in the front. The front tires are different from the rear only due to the fact that i put a cheap set on just until i finalize my alignment so i don't go and chew a nice set up. As far as the wheel offset im not positive. I do have spacers all the way around.

--------------------

post Jan 11, 2015 - 5:42 AM
+Quote Post
Anoroc

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 30, '12
From Wellington, NZ
Currently Offline

QUOTE (4-eyed-freek @ Dec 14, 2014 - 12:08 PM) *
The front tires are different from the rear only due to the fact that i put a cheap set on just until i finalize my alignment so i don't go and chew a nice set up.

No more than 500m worth of drive away... right?

Right?

Please send my condolences to your centre diff D:
post Jan 15, 2015 - 10:02 PM
+Quote Post
4-eyed-freek

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 17, '10
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Anoroc @ Jan 11, 2015 - 5:42 AM) *
QUOTE (4-eyed-freek @ Dec 14, 2014 - 12:08 PM) *
The front tires are different from the rear only due to the fact that i put a cheap set on just until i finalize my alignment so i don't go and chew a nice set up.

No more than 500m worth of drive away... right?

Right?

Please send my condolences to your centre diff D:

Width of a tire has no affect on the diff.... If it were a different diameter, then yes there would be wear on the drive train

--------------------

post Mar 22, 2015 - 8:06 AM
+Quote Post
4-eyed-freek

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 17, '10
Currently Offline

Update!

just a few pictures of some goodies i got.
car will be back home in a week. fender is fixed and painted along with the suspension being finished. cant wait to get out and drive

*also got a HKS intake kit, pics will come later

--------------------

post May 19, 2015 - 9:46 AM
+Quote Post
4-eyed-freek

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 17, '10
Currently Offline

apparently i can no longer post pictures lol

This post has been edited by 4-eyed-freek: May 19, 2015 - 9:59 AM

--------------------

post May 19, 2015 - 9:56 AM
+Quote Post
4-eyed-freek

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 17, '10
Currently Offline

Down pipe goes in tonight, can't wait!

This post has been edited by 4-eyed-freek: May 19, 2015 - 9:06 PM

--------------------

post May 19, 2015 - 10:16 AM
+Quote Post
cheela

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 2, '07
From Berlin, WI
Currently Offline

did u break the internet again?... lol

--------------------

*1997 Celica ST - 3SGE Greytop BEAMS
*1977 Celica RA29 - Classic Cruiser
*2005 Matrix AWD - dedded but still hanging around like a ghost
2019 Rav4 XLE Premium - Sports mode is fun.
post May 19, 2015 - 10:17 AM
+Quote Post
4-eyed-freek

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 17, '10
Currently Offline

Im at work wink.gif possible broke theirs!!!

--------------------

post May 19, 2015 - 8:38 PM
+Quote Post
4-eyed-freek

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 17, '10
Currently Offline

Just a small update after installing the 3in berk dp.
I would like to start off by saying stay away from vivid racing, they have absolutely horrible customer service! I ordered my downpipe in the middle of April. It took four weeks and five days to get to my door. Let me also add it took three weeks for them to even ship it... (end rant)
So first impressions, I'm currently running 17lbs, with the factory downpipe that that was gutted. The boost would be as if an on off switch in low gears. Almost violent in some instances, with the new dp the boost comes on extremely linear. Also going down the highway noticed in 5th gear the boost comes on 3-500 rpm sooner and twice as fast. Third gear in town is also enjoyable in the sense that I can stay in one gear and accelerate and a very nice pace if need be. My downpipe was ceramic coated, it's a must. Let me say that again, a must! I could have a BBQ on the hood vent before the new dp, now I could lay my hand on it and never be harmed. If you own a 3sgte and do not have this downpipe. 'you are not living to the fullest!'

--------------------

post May 24, 2015 - 7:01 PM
+Quote Post
4-eyed-freek

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 17, '10
Currently Offline

"Update"

After roughly 300 miles i can fully say the 3in catless dp is one of the best bolt on mods hands down. The drop in power around 5.5k rpm is long gone, the 3s will now scream to 7k easly. Combined with the hks induction system and 3 hks exhaust, it really is an epic sound track blasting through the remote woodland up in my area! I will be needing to get a electronic boost control due to the ocasional spike on cool mornings, just another item to add to the next winters list biggrin.gif I also removed the jdm radio because i just cant stand driving the car with no radio stations to listen to, it was a hard decision but it will be kept for the sake of jdm goodness!

Few pictures to add biggrin.gif

wash, clay bar, compound, wax, rewash, and results are epic!

Still need to finish up the heat shield kindasad.gif

New hks filter for the induction kit

The new head unit, with optional nav!

Local car show with my friends! They are all on bags!

--------------------

post Jun 8, 2015 - 11:46 AM
+Quote Post
4-eyed-freek

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 17, '10
Currently Offline

Well guys i decided to put my big boy pants on and take the gt4 to the drag strip, i went there with the intention to run low boost, no launch, and just take it easy. I can now say i wish i would have done none of that.
Friday night was one of the busiest test and tunes the track had ever seen, needless to say i got just one run in. I let the 6gc world down.. my .575 reaction time and 2.48 60' time lead me to a 14.43 @98.8 on 15lbs and letting the clutch out as if i was leaving a stop light. If i would have know i would only get one run i would have kept the 18 lbs and took off with a bit more aggression. Full disclaimer, i have never been to a drag strip, seen a light tree or perfected the launch of the car. I was told by some fellow friends and racers that with the start i had and the trap speed i was able to get with that start, would have gotten me into the mid to low 13's
I will post pics and a video after work!

https://youtu.be/la7sYKtYhQk

This post has been edited by 4-eyed-freek: Jun 8, 2015 - 4:01 PM

--------------------

post Sep 2, 2015 - 10:01 AM
+Quote Post
4-eyed-freek

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 17, '10
Currently Offline

Hello again, yes I know its been awhile! I figured I would drop a few pics off and then vanish for a few months laugh.gif
All pathetic jokes aside, over the past few months i have been slowly checking things off i want to get completed starting with projectors. I've wanted a set for the longest time and couldn't be more pleased with the outcome! Also added an electronic boost controller, just and FYI to all the peeps out there running manual boost controllers...get out of the stone age, electronic is soooooo much nicer. I picked out the Go Fast Bits E-boost system which is really easy to install and easy to use. it has great features which include a scramble boost mode! I could go on for days about the advantages but to sum it up, quicker spool, ability to hold boost, and much much safer!
Next on the project line up is revamping the oem suspension, yes I love the TRD coils but... the availability of parts in nonexistent. With that being said I am in the process of replacing the strut tops and then lowering the car on TEIN springs. This will allow me to replace parts if need be and have a more suitable car for next season. My goal for the next two years is prep the car as a gran tour car with the option to take it to a track day. Once the suspension is finished this fall/winter I will most likely get a set of Recaro seats or put and aftermarket clutch in with a new timing belt,seals,and little odds and ends.

Projectors with 5k hid's

GFB E-Boost

Annnnddd this aslo happens (not photo shopped as many think, I have the video to prove tongue.gif )

And to wrap things up, my best friend and I who moved across the country. These are our projects we spent all winter working on, by far one of my favored pictures biggrin.gif

--------------------

post Sep 27, 2015 - 4:09 PM
+Quote Post
4-eyed-freek

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 17, '10
Currently Offline

Small info update...

Anyone who owns a car with either a super strut swap or came on the car. You CAN use 94-99 usdm strut tops as long as you have the spring retainer that goes bellow it.
I just spent a few hours scratching my head over why my new gt4 strut tops wouldn't fit, only to realize someone along the line swapped it over to the usdm strut top style. Also you CAN use st185 strut tops as direct replacements for the st205 strut tops.

annnddd the waiting game continues for more parts..

--------------------

post Sep 27, 2015 - 4:27 PM
+Quote Post
BonzaiCelica

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 24, '08
From Orange County, CA
Currently Offline

Yup that Info already in here

http://www.6gc.net/forums/index.php?showto...p;#entry1068835

--------------------
For Sale Items:
post Sep 27, 2015 - 4:28 PM
+Quote Post
4-eyed-freek

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 17, '10
Currently Offline

QUOTE (BonzaiCelica @ Sep 27, 2015 - 4:27 PM) *

And here i thought i was on to something!! laugh.gif

--------------------

post Sep 30, 2015 - 1:34 AM
+Quote Post
hotgt4

Enthusiast
Joined Jul 21, '13
From Gisborne New Zealand
Currently Offline

looking good man next up should be the gt foor riser blocks wink.gif

--------------------
Rip Paul walker
'' DUDE I ALMOST HAD YOU ''
post Sep 30, 2015 - 6:34 PM
+Quote Post
4-eyed-freek

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 17, '10
Currently Offline

QUOTE (hotgt4 @ Sep 30, 2015 - 1:34 AM) *
looking good man next up should be the gt foor riser blocks wink.gif

Thanks, I'm really on the fence about raisers. The car didn't come with them, but they have a special place in my heart haha

Sooo much JDM!! And money... All new suspension on the way!

--------------------

10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 28th, 2024 - 8:29 AM