> $400 find on Craigslist, Mild restoration project
post Sep 18, 2017 - 10:20 PM
+Quote Post
Coolcatmeow

Enthusiast

Joined Sep 18, '17
From Indianapolis
Currently Offline

Noob here so forgive the errors😀 I always wanted a 1961 Jaguar XKE, but reality hit me when I found out I'm not a Rockefeller😔 But I despaired not for I found the next best thing, with sexy curves and all for the price of a happy meal! Well not that cheap but you know what I mean.
But with good things bought for a song some work would need to be done. Here's the back story before I continue, I'll try to give you the Cliffs Notes version. It all started with my usual perusal of FB & CL ads I my area, I saw this ad for a red ST204 coupe for $400. I read the ad and thought another rust bucket, but I kept going back to the ad and all of a sudden I heard it beckoning me. I couldn't ignore it so I sent the seller a message.
The next day I went to the seller's place to see the car with a fresh battery in tow, not knowing if it would start, it fired up on first crank. I was stoked! But before I commit, I had to perform a visual inspection after all I live in the rust belt and cars can go to sh!t after a few winters. To my surprise, there was very little almost negligible rust damage. The sheet metal on that car was almost mint, for an Indiana car that's endured 23 salty winters, it was even sporting a set of 17" Motegi MR7's! As it turned out I saved that car from an almost certain death, for you see he was going to junk it if he didn't find a buyer.
Hope I wasn't long winded there but back to the here and now, once I got it home and have it a sponge bath I took inventory of the parts I will be replacing. So here's my little pick list,

*drilled and slotted front rotors
*brake pads
*KYB struts
*motor mounts
*projector headlights
*a new set of fresh rubber for my wheels
(Haven't decided on a brand yet)
*K&N intake

Other things include powder coating my Motegi's gloss black, but there are other things I haven't thought of yet, but I'll definitely keep everyone posted😎

Start new topic
Replies
post Sep 19, 2017 - 1:44 PM
+Quote Post
Coolcatmeow

Enthusiast

Joined Sep 18, '17
From Indianapolis
Currently Offline

I second that, it's getting lots of love!

Posts in this topic
- Coolcatmeow   $400 find on Craigslist   Sep 18, 2017 - 10:20 PM
- - cheela   another one saved! nice find! now let...   Sep 19, 2017 - 9:11 AM
- - CoolZeen   AT THAT PRICE. YOU HIT THE LOTTO. NOW GIVE IT LOV...   Sep 19, 2017 - 1:15 PM
- - Coolcatmeow   I second that, it's getting lots of love!   Sep 19, 2017 - 1:44 PM
- - jordisonjr   What cheela said, lets see some pics.   Sep 20, 2017 - 8:34 AM
- - njccmd2002   RE: $400 find on Craigslist   Dec 5, 2017 - 1:16 PM
- - Box   ^X2   Dec 5, 2017 - 2:38 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 28th, 2024 - 5:28 PM