6G Celicas Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Code 25 - running lean, Cant figure out why its running lean.
post Oct 29, 2016 - 3:29 PM
+Quote Post
rapid36

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 5, '13
Currently Offline

Hey Guys I have a 94 celica st and been fighting forever to try and get this thing to run right. I am getting a code 25 that I cannot figure out. according to the book its - Mixture control -continuously lean and possible causes are - Wiring, injector, H02S, intake/fuel ignition system, valve timing, ECM. I timed it according to the book which is 750rpm at idle and at operating temp with -10bcd. Then I replaced all spark plugs, wires, o2 sensor about a year ago, fuel filter, idle air control valve, I had another set of injectors which are the yellow top ones and so I put those on and still have the code, and the throttle position sensor today. The thing I dont get is when i reset the computer each time I replace a part the car runs fine for about 60 miles and my gas mileage is where it should be and i can go up small hills without down shifting, but after the check engine light comes back on i then have to down shift to get up the same smaller hills and gas mileage goes to about 25mpg. and only get about 260-280 on a full tank of gas. I also have a hesitation every time i step on the pedal ALL the way (flooring it) and this happens at no matter where I am in the rev range. Any ideas on what this can be?
post Oct 29, 2016 - 6:23 PM
+Quote Post
BonzaiCelica

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 24, '08
From Orange County, CA
Currently Offline

Though I've been a member for a while. stuff Like this is still uncharted territory. best Of luck. the Wise guys should chime in soon

--------------------
For Sale Items:
post Oct 29, 2016 - 6:28 PM
+Quote Post
rapid36

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 5, '13
Currently Offline

QUOTE (BonzaiCelica @ Oct 29, 2016 - 7:23 PM) *
Though I've been a member for a while. stuff Like this is still uncharted territory. best Of luck. the Wise guys should chime in soon

Thank You smile.gif
post Oct 29, 2016 - 6:35 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Checked the coolant temperature sensor for the ECM yet? Though that's usually going to rear its head right off the bat, same with MAP sensor. Only thing I can think of that'd take time to come on consistently after resetting would be EGR system related. With EGR the first time there's a fault it goes into temp memory, then if it happens again after the car has been shut off and then back on it triggers the light. Could be it's bugging out and opening the EGR too much/when it shouldn't which would cause a kind of bogging hesitation and potentially botch mileage. There's a giant troubleshooting procedure somewhere on the internet I had found when the EGR on mine was acting up so I'd only replace what's needed, but it was over two years ago but I'll try and find it.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Oct 29, 2016 - 7:14 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Found it: http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/skyvisio...44_95_rolla.pdf For the Corolla I think but still for the 7A-FE.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Oct 29, 2016 - 7:54 PM
+Quote Post
Batman722

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 8, '04
From Newport, RI
Currently Offline

check your timing.
compression test.
change the 02 again.

--------------------
post Oct 29, 2016 - 8:39 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

Check the port and inline filter to the MAP sensor for blockage.

--------------------
post Oct 30, 2016 - 2:25 AM
+Quote Post
Smaay

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 8, '03
From Lancaster CA
Currently Offline

did you jumper Te and E1 when you set the timing

--------------------
2001 Celica GT-S Turbo
1997 Supra TT 6speed
1997 Celica 3MZ/1MZ swap
1990 Celica All-Trac
post Oct 30, 2016 - 7:26 PM
+Quote Post
rapid36

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 5, '13
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Smaay @ Oct 30, 2016 - 3:25 AM) *
did you jumper Te and E1 when you set the timing

Yes I did, thank you! I should of mentioned that in my original post. I also do have another o2 sensor for the car, i removed it and put on the other one a year ago as part of the little rebuild I did. so I will put on the other one to see if theres any changes. And Thanks Box! I will look into those 2 areas too! (water temp sensor, and egr which im sure egr is fine cause i did have a egr code earlier and got basically everything new on it cause most of it was trash, but never the less i will still step through it as things could of messed up smile.gif).
post Nov 8, 2016 - 6:58 PM
+Quote Post
Jvillie96

Enthusiast

Joined Jun 21, '15
From North Carolina
Currently Offline

Any luck with finding out the problem? My gt just got a code 25 this morning. With 244k miles on it, I'm sure several components are in need of replacing

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 18th, 2024 - 11:08 PM