> Greyforms Progress thread(UPDATE1/10/11!!!), 97' ST
post Jan 9, 2011 - 3:04 AM
+Quote Post
Greyform

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 18, '10
From Santa Rosa, CA
Currently Offline

Just a heads up this thread is going to be a long time in the making as updates will probably be ages apart due to my lack of funds as my feeble grocery clerk wages are not up to par as i would like them to be, also my lack of mechanical prowess hinders progress aswell (im probably the worst mechanic to walk this blue planet until i get more experience but im REALLY looking forward to the learning process and i want to increase my knowledge and get better for the future, even gonna take classes at the local Junior College.)

Anyway a HUGE thanks to my friend Nam aka CAMAricer who sold me the car, this was a godsend for me as i was stuck sharing a car with my parents OR spending a ton of money to fix my dads pontiac which i didnt like anyway, (besides id always admired nams car whenever i walked by it in the parking lot of our work).

the car when i got it:

the awesome zyclone hood:

C-one front bumper:

so i had the car for about a month and i was loving ever second of it, it had the stock air box and i really wanted a new filter for it as reccomended by Nam. so i ordered one on the internet and when it came in the mail i was super excited

First ever mod, Fujita High-Flow filter:

pic of the engine with the new filter: (date on the pic is wrong as my camera date is off)

i definitly loved the new look with the new filter, i noticed it sounded a bit different.

UH-OH!
my power streering gave out and a new belt was required which was a huge pain (nams witness) though we may have made it harder that it needed to be, and after that was all said and done i felt like a badass car guy (even though nam did most of the work while i simply observed (ill be the first to admit i dont know crap about working on cars, engines especially)

then everything went good for a while until...
OH NOES!

my car wouldnt go above 1k RPMs upon starting and unless i pressed the gas it would stall, needless to say i was mortified and on inquiring with nam and derick(maskedman) he confirmed that it was the fuel filter, seemed innocent enough (little did i know) so i went out and got the new one and opened up the hood and it was only connected with two hoses and a clamp, so taking off the top hose, nam arrived to save the day once again, as we learned the owner before nam had apparently put locktight on the bottom one so the technique we used to remove it was quite unconventional, but we eventually we got it off and put the new one on, and everything was good (except for a leak which was quickly corrected via O-rings)
putting the air filter back on after changing the fuel filter.

and thats where im at right now, waiting for my exhaust to come in the mail(will take pics upon arrival) anyway if you've read this your amazing and i hope this all goes good and thanks in advance! i look forward to updates

UPDATE 1/10/11!!!

Check out what came in the mail today!

view #2

so should have this baby installed within the next week or so, ill take before and after pics and post them also!
yay!
biggrin.gif

UPDATE #2 1/10/11
Old lugnuts

New lugnuts from Ziggybuilt for $40

Side by side comparison

Note: the old ones were SUPER rusty and i think these black ones look really clean on my tires, i just need to poilsh my alloys and ill do that tommorow!

UPCOMING UPDATES:
Injen 2.5" exhaust CHECK!
Red or Black lugnuts CHECK!
Hood pins
Coilovers
Short Ram Intake

pics will be uploaded as things arrive, but as i said it might take awhile.
anyway im finally glad to get this thread up so i can get it done.
anyway

This post has been edited by Greyform: Jan 10, 2011 - 8:46 PM
post Jan 9, 2011 - 3:08 AM
+Quote Post
SupraKid

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 15, '10
From The Best Coast
Currently Offline

Looks good man, cant wait to meet you and see this car in person(again) lol
post Jan 9, 2011 - 3:17 AM
+Quote Post
Greyform

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 18, '10
From Santa Rosa, CA
Currently Offline

yeah man the mini meet is gonna be epic cant wait to meet you and your sweet ride either.
post Jan 10, 2011 - 5:58 PM
+Quote Post
Greyform

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 18, '10
From Santa Rosa, CA
Currently Offline

huzzah my first update!
post Jan 10, 2011 - 6:23 PM
+Quote Post
Mycurse180

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 23, '10
From PA, USA
Currently Offline

Nice fart pipe. How much did it run?
post Jan 10, 2011 - 6:35 PM
+Quote Post
CAMAricer

Enthusiast
Joined Jul 25, '07
From San Francisco
Currently Offline

So shiny...

--------------------

2002 SC430 (WC) - 19" SSR Comp-H, Daizen swaybars, Sparco Demons, JDM Soarer conversion, carbon fiber spoiler, Injen intake, front strut bar, drilled/slotted Brembo rotors
1997 Celica ST (DD) - 17" ADR, ViS Zyclone CF hood, ViS CF hatch, K&N intake, Invader body kit
post Jan 10, 2011 - 8:49 PM
+Quote Post
Greyform

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 18, '10
From Santa Rosa, CA
Currently Offline

got it for $200 of andys auto sport, and just updated with pics of the new lugnuts, my camera sucks horribly so sorry for the low res shots its just a crappy kodak easy share lol.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 28th, 2024 - 7:40 AM