> problem with turbo, no boost :(
post Aug 25, 2005 - 7:56 PM
+Quote Post
StreetRacing10PS...

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 10, '04
From New Jersey
Currently Offline

ok so i got my turbo rebuilt because i was burning oil and oil was comin out of my BOV. rebuilt it, and no more oil out the BOV but it still burns oil. so today i decided to lower the boost to 0lbs to see if that helped and it did, with no boost my car doesnt smoke but i tried resetting the waste gate to were it was, and no matter what i do, theirs still no boost. any suggestions on whats goin on???
post Aug 25, 2005 - 8:13 PM
+Quote Post
Supersprynt

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 10, '03
From Connecticut
Currently Offline

You got ur turbo rebuilt and its still blowing oil? If thats the case you gotta send it back.

No boost = leak.

--------------------
post Aug 25, 2005 - 8:27 PM
+Quote Post
ems3s

Enthusiast

Joined Jun 17, '05
From Melbourne, Australia
Currently Offline

It wasn't your turbo in the first place, it was crankcase vent vapour coming from the port on the top of the cam cover. Its a common problem among 3sgte's. Get an oil catch can, that should solve that problem.

How did you adjust the boost? With a controller/bleed valve or by playing around with actual wastegate. If you moved the actual wastegate you may have broken the diaphram or the circlip that holds the shaft to the flap may have come loose and fallen off. Check the shaft and flap on the back side close to the block.
post Aug 25, 2005 - 10:46 PM
+Quote Post
Akimbo

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 30, '03
From O-town, FL
Currently Offline

he doesnt have a 3s

--------------------
Sometimes we live to beat the odds.
- Ryan
IPB Image
aim: rkgreen04
post Aug 25, 2005 - 11:13 PM
+Quote Post
zipstrips

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 9, '02
From Scranton, Pa
Currently Offline

with the ST turbo's.. u will continue to eat turbos until u guys get some in line restictors...

and if u go n/a and its still smoking, my bet is a piston landring is chipped, anyother piston problem, or valve seals....

the 7a pcv system isnt made for boost either, it actually loads the crank case with pressure (BAD)... the hose's and connect to the manifold need vac. to be useful, the one with the pcv valve is okay to be there when boosted b/c it wont let the boost in, but the other line will which is what is loading up the oil in the crank case.. pushing it god knows wehere inside the motor.... so long story short, that other line needs to go between the turbo inlet and the air filter so it has constant vac. pressure.
post Aug 25, 2005 - 11:19 PM
+Quote Post
StreetRacing10PS...

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 10, '04
From New Jersey
Currently Offline

i set the boost to 0 and it didnt smoke and now i adjust the wastegate and theirs still no boost.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 28th, 2024 - 7:15 PM