> 1999 Celica GT with VVT-I Inside, new video up 8/6/22
post Apr 19, 2014 - 2:51 AM
+Quote Post
hoodedone

Enthusiast

Joined Feb 20, '12
From Fresno CA
Currently Offline

Beautiful car! Love that it has a beams swap! Thats the swap im looking at, but with an auto trans. Anyways love the project!
post May 22, 2014 - 11:01 PM
+Quote Post
BonzaiCelica

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 24, '08
From Orange County, CA
Currently Offline

Do You have VTEC?!! (best motoring quote)

--------------------
For Sale Items:
post May 23, 2014 - 12:36 AM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

found an exhaust right?

--------------------
Learned a lot in 10 years... I hardly log in anymore, last login Today Sept 6 2019, and I was forced just to clarify a post. LOL

If you PM me and I dont respond, dont fret or cry. Im alive, better post your questions in the thread below, maybe I log back in

2grfe Swapped... Why I chose the 2GR, before you ask read here...

A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.

@llamaraxing in Instagram is the best way to find me. I hardly log here anymore.
post Jun 15, 2014 - 6:48 PM
+Quote Post
BonzaiCelica

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 24, '08
From Orange County, CA
Currently Offline

Doing some maintenance like raybesto emergency brake shoes and beck/arnlly rear pad shim kit also

What is really odd is pipe that supposedly this cat back exhaust is supposed to connect to OEM cat converter from a regular 3rd gen 3sge motor. But I highly doubt the oem cat will bolt on.

So I bought this 70mm inner diameter to 62mm outter diameter reducer from walker exhausts part #41999. Its near impossible to find a 70 mm exhaust flange with 105-110mm bolt to bolt center spacing. The only ones i found were 100mm bolt spacing in mild steel which would mean some dremel tool action which is what i want to avoid.

The whole exhaust besides that is 60mm inner diameter

This post has been edited by BonzaiCelica: Dec 18, 2014 - 12:12 AM

--------------------
For Sale Items:
post Jun 16, 2014 - 4:14 PM
+Quote Post
Rusty

Joined Nov 5, '07
From New Zealand
Currently Offline

So your new exhaust doesn't fit/ bolt up at all?

--------------------
post Jun 16, 2014 - 5:42 PM
+Quote Post
BonzaiCelica

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 24, '08
From Orange County, CA
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Rusty @ Jun 16, 2014 - 4:14 PM) *
So your new exhaust doesn't fit/ bolt up at all?

edit. i updated a pic above and changed some of my description in the post above.

Rusty, it should but I obviously don't have an oem cat. Maybe you can measure oem inner diameter on cat converter.

--------------------
For Sale Items:
post Jun 16, 2014 - 10:47 PM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

i just added a pipe...

--------------------
Learned a lot in 10 years... I hardly log in anymore, last login Today Sept 6 2019, and I was forced just to clarify a post. LOL

If you PM me and I dont respond, dont fret or cry. Im alive, better post your questions in the thread below, maybe I log back in

A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.

@llamaraxing in Instagram is the best way to find me. I hardly log here anymore.
post Jun 17, 2014 - 5:11 PM
+Quote Post
955SFE

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 20, '13
From Los Angeles
Currently Offline

I came here for the weight reduction. Where is it at? Lol

Nice progress.

--------------------
post Jun 17, 2014 - 5:17 PM
+Quote Post
Rusty

Joined Nov 5, '07
From New Zealand
Currently Offline

Too much work to do that sorry.

Whats the bolt hole spacing on both flanges?

--------------------
post Jun 17, 2014 - 5:37 PM
+Quote Post
BonzaiCelica

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 24, '08
From Orange County, CA
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Rusty @ Jun 17, 2014 - 6:17 PM) *
Too much work to do that sorry.

Whats the bolt hole spacing on both flanges?

http://www.6gc.net/forums/index.php?showto...+exhaust+flange

this will be the gasket that im picking up, but you can use the greddy one seen here as well, below.

This post has been edited by BonzaiCelica: Jul 2, 2014 - 8:00 PM

--------------------
For Sale Items:
post Jul 2, 2014 - 12:08 PM
+Quote Post
BonzaiCelica

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 24, '08
From Orange County, CA
Currently Offline

So I need help with fitment. I've never personally seen this fujitsubo exhaust installed on any ST202/ST206. I'm 99.9% sure this fits over the rear subframe cause I bolted it all together as one piece and tried to fit it under Sub frame but it didn't even reach.

--------------------
For Sale Items:
post Jul 2, 2014 - 12:32 PM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

it wont fit, those are catbacks, which means you will need the catalytic or in its absence the test pipe.

looks like you may get away with cutting the extra pipe welded to the magnaflow and then welding it in yours...

remember mine came with this, to adapt to the cat

but i decided to do this..

--------------------

post Jul 2, 2014 - 2:28 PM
+Quote Post
BonzaiCelica

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 24, '08
From Orange County, CA
Currently Offline

No man of course I know this. You've been following my thread so you know I'm already covering that part which is easy. Btw I'm missing one hanger that's why the muffler is a bit uneven.

When I test fitted it. I was told by Mr curren conversion that ill have to remove the right rear tire and angle it enought so it will bolt up. You guys don't think ill have to put this on a lift in order to install?

--------------------
For Sale Items:
post Jul 2, 2014 - 4:11 PM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

i did not with mine.. here is a pic of mine when it was out. i did not have to take a tire, of course i had to lift it with jackstands. taking the tire out would have made it easier

the shape of yours looks very similar to mine, except where the gaskets, you want me to take a picture of mine while it hangs there. mine directly dropped in...

--------------------

post Jul 2, 2014 - 5:38 PM
+Quote Post
BonzaiCelica

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 24, '08
From Orange County, CA
Currently Offline

yes i agree it does look easier but installing your i see is much easier okay well thanks for you insight. on a better note wow mr norbert you truly life saver. perfect 110mm center to center bolt spacing and can accomdate smaller or larger bolt spacing muhahha this is a turbo downpipe flange so it a bit thicker but works great! biggrin.gif

but in actuality i have 105mm bolt to bolt center spacing

--------------------
For Sale Items:
post Aug 2, 2014 - 12:11 PM
+Quote Post
BonzaiCelica

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 24, '08
From Orange County, CA
Currently Offline

44cm overall length De-catalytic pipe, measured from the ends of both flanges.

Btw where is Mr Hawaii hella flush john. This pic below is for you. Like the extended tip last the bumper. Yea so it turns out this exhaust is made for curren/coupe celica

And as you can see it touches the tow hitch so ill probably cut that off

This post has been edited by BonzaiCelica: Jan 17, 2016 - 9:32 PM

--------------------
For Sale Items:
post Aug 6, 2014 - 3:46 AM
+Quote Post
BonzaiCelica

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 24, '08
From Orange County, CA
Currently Offline

anywho the exhaust is good stuff, it says I'm here, but I'm not really here. It sounds near stock at idle but at higher rpm there is no rasp which is great. It doesn't growl like the Greddy SP2. One thing I like a lot is that it routes the same as oem piping, so great ground clearance.

Just a few issues, two gaskets are leaking, even though i tightened flanges as tight as i could, must be that i didn't scrape off any excess gasket material left from the old ones or that the flanges have slightly warped (unlikely). Once i sort that out i hope the exhaust deepens a bit more. i picked up some extra power as well biggrin.gif

Also the exhaust tip is stuck right next to the tow hitch. When I give it WOT shifting into 2nd and 3rd it bangs off the hitch and makes huge clunking noise and going over bumps it makes nasty clunking noise. the exhaust is made for Curren's and Celica Coupe.

taking a look at the rear reinforcement bar/crash bar on toyota websites :

although the part numbers are different between ST204/AT200 vs ST202. The length between the toe hitches are the same 60cm

Everything is identical on the exhaust system as far as length goes between 3SGE ACIS vs 3SGE VVT-I Redtop except the catalytic converter :
Regular 3S-GE Motor Catalytic Converter, part # 18450-74450

3S-GE Beams Catalytic Converter, part # 18450-77480

This post has been edited by BonzaiCelica: Dec 9, 2014 - 2:05 AM

--------------------
For Sale Items:
post Aug 6, 2014 - 10:36 AM
+Quote Post
SwissFerdi

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 18, '09
From Orlando
Currently Offline

Would it be possible to flip the muffler? Visually it seems the tip would be better on the right side anyway. Must be loads of fun, that car.

--------------------
'97 ST \ Eibach \ KYB \ Kenwood \ Alpine \ Cusco \ OEM+ [sold 10/18]
'93 MX-5 LE
post Aug 6, 2014 - 3:27 PM
+Quote Post
BonzaiCelica

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 24, '08
From Orange County, CA
Currently Offline

ha no way the hangers wouldn't fit if it was like so. the the muffler section that connects to the pipe after that wouldn't connect

--------------------
For Sale Items:
post Sep 11, 2014 - 3:20 AM
+Quote Post
mi645

Enthusiast
Joined May 23, '12
From northridge,CA
Currently Offline

mine was alll bolt on, i wonder y u guys had a hard time. also, so ive been looking at mk3 supra turbo cats, looks like it wil fit with little to none modification.

19 Pages V  « < 13 14 15 16 17 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
5 User(s) are reading this topic (5 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 28th, 2024 - 7:00 PM