> 2GRFE v6 convertible
post May 7, 2018 - 9:17 AM
+Quote Post
bloodMoney

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 4, '06
From Chicagoland
Currently Offline

I think it won't catch on because it's not a 100% drop in.

Kids aren't going to like the idea of having to notch the framerail or cut up some of their hood structure just to get it to physically fit.

Not to mention the fact that you're not mass producing the passenger engine mount. Everyone wants it all done for them... You ought to know that by now.

--------------------
~bloodMoney
post May 8, 2018 - 4:20 PM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

well kids do it all the time on the civics, with their v6 swaps. but you are right. This swap is not meant for kids...

--------------------
Learned a lot in 10 years... I hardly log in anymore, last login Today Sept 6 2019, and I was forced just to clarify a post. LOL

If you PM me and I dont respond, dont fret or cry. Im alive, better post your questions in the thread below, maybe I log back in

2grfe Swapped... Why I chose the 2GR, before you ask read here...

A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.

@llamaraxing in Instagram is the best way to find me. I hardly log here anymore.
post May 9, 2018 - 10:47 AM
+Quote Post
bloodMoney

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 4, '06
From Chicagoland
Currently Offline

LOL

I love that!

--------------------
~bloodMoney
post May 9, 2018 - 3:59 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Well, for the cost of a decent Celica GT and the 2GR and everything involved in swapping you can get a 350Z now... Only reason Honda kids are doing it is in comparison it's marginally cheaper and easier, that and the Civic to Celica aftermarket support in general. Just think on the positive, keeps your car unique.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post May 9, 2018 - 8:11 PM
+Quote Post
slavie

Enthusiast
Joined May 2, '15
From NY
Currently Offline

Welp, the appeal of the 6gc, to me at least, has always been the rally heritage and the dreams of 4WD conversion. Neither is the case with 2GR or even 1MZ, so kinda rules those 2 out for me personally.

As for others, more may follow once the path has been beaten in a bit more, as it's always more difficult for the first few guys. 3S swaps are far more documented and easier still. If you step back though, there aren't a whole lot of swap happening in general these days. Still waiting for the platform to re-surge in popularity, I guess.
post May 9, 2018 - 8:37 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Should be able to import ST202 and ST205 here soon, any late '93 produced '94 models. I imagine once the ST205 starts getting imported that'll help re-spark interest in the car.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post May 12, 2018 - 4:58 PM
+Quote Post
BonzaiCelica

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 24, '08
From Orange County, CA
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Box @ May 9, 2018 - 8:37 PM) *
Should be able to import ST202 and ST205 here soon, any late '93 produced '94 models. I imagine once the ST205 starts getting imported that'll help re-spark interest in the car.

how much they going for. i usually go to goo.net to look up celica. but thats from japan. what website can i look at for canadian 205's

--------------------
For Sale Items:
post May 12, 2018 - 8:35 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Kijiji, it's like the Canadian Craigslist. Also check out the Canadian AutoTrader and eBay Motors.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post May 12, 2018 - 9:13 PM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

i like the car being unique in a certain way. In other news, i may have messed up the wiring, or time for a new MAF, i have not had change to look into

--------------------
Learned a lot in 10 years... I hardly log in anymore, last login Today Sept 6 2019, and I was forced just to clarify a post. LOL

If you PM me and I dont respond, dont fret or cry. Im alive, better post your questions in the thread below, maybe I log back in

A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.

@llamaraxing in Instagram is the best way to find me. I hardly log here anymore.
post Jul 25, 2018 - 7:12 PM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

heres an update. I tried recharging my A/C, it was going well, until i realized oil goes first. Well the compressor seized..

I had to order a kit to flush lines, and new compressor and condenser. LOL, it sucks.

--------------------

post Jul 26, 2018 - 5:29 AM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

This is why you always read instructions!

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Jul 26, 2018 - 10:11 AM
+Quote Post
cheela

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 2, '07
From Berlin, WI
Currently Offline

Well that sounds like an expensive mistake. but then again maybe owning a celica and doing anything to it is an expensive mistake in and of itself. hahaha. *sad*

--------------------

*1997 Celica ST - 3SGE Greytop BEAMS
*1977 Celica RA29 - Classic Cruiser
*2005 Matrix AWD - dedded but still hanging around like a ghost
2019 Rav4 XLE Premium - Sports mode is fun.
post Jul 26, 2018 - 6:34 PM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

200 bux, so far in parts. and then the bruised knucles.

--------------------

post Jul 27, 2018 - 10:10 AM
+Quote Post
bloodMoney

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 4, '06
From Chicagoland
Currently Offline

Bruised knuckles are always included in the cost. Well, for me anyway.

--------------------
~bloodMoney
post Jul 27, 2018 - 10:41 AM
+Quote Post
cheela

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 2, '07
From Berlin, WI
Currently Offline

yup. If you don't pay in cash, you pay in blood. sometimes both. lol

--------------------

post Jul 30, 2018 - 7:26 AM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

Either is gas or azz, no free rides...

anyways, took out the condenser, it was a pain in the ass, no visible metal strips, but im putting a new one any ways...

the most difficult task was to remove all ac lines. forgot how difficult it was to maneuver around the 2GR.

Installed the new condenser, not happy with fitment

hate aftermarket parts....

poor clearance

Most likely will use the OEM brackets, as they seem to have more clearance.

Not paying 300 usd for OEM condenser on a 20 yo car...

Next is to flush the lines one by one, they have debris, and oil.....

--------------------

post Jul 30, 2018 - 10:53 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Booo aftermarket fitment.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Jul 31, 2018 - 8:07 AM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

aftermarket is cheaper. but its got its cons, on another note, i did not realize the expansion valve is inside the cabin, well....

that only means i have to take it out.... crap... more to do for a stupid mistake.....

--------------------

post Oct 23, 2018 - 2:10 PM
+Quote Post
cheela

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 2, '07
From Berlin, WI
Currently Offline

bump for burnout video with the ac blasting...

--------------------

post Oct 25, 2018 - 1:24 PM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

i think i burnt the second ac compressor, have not had time to get anything done since i Fired the contractor that was building my garage, and finished it myself. i think ill have more time in december....

--------------------

17 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 16 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 28th, 2024 - 5:21 AM