6G Celicas Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

60 Pages V  « < 50 51 52 53 54 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Richee3's Progress thread., Wilwood BBK installed.
post Dec 25, 2017 - 1:00 AM
+Quote Post
NgoFcukinWay

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 7, '06
From Houston, Tx
Currently Offline

the website lists slotted rotors as a $100 option on their kits. not really all that bad. I'd go slotted over drilled whenever available.

Wondering if they'll clear the tC wheels, but I'm sure they would, but if I decide to go the 5x114 route, i'll end up having to go with their Camry kit.

*edit* they don't make a BBK for that generation camry... demmit...

This post has been edited by NgoFcukinWay: Dec 25, 2017 - 1:05 AM

--------------------
-Alex {](O_o)[}

1993.5 Toyota Supra ....with stuff.... ....sorta broken....
1998 Toyota Celica ....this one, too, has stuff.... ....broken....yeah...definitely broken....
post Dec 25, 2017 - 1:15 AM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

Puretone has this BBK on his ST184 with tC wheels. I don’t know how the 5th gens compared to the 6th gen in terms of offset and clearance but I don’t believe he has spacers on his car. I have 15 mm spacers, so I’m effectively 17x7 +30. I was concerned that I would need to get 20 mm spacers to clear these brakes but I have plenty of clearance. I think you should have clearance on your current setup, but I think anything less than +35 may have issues.

--------------------
"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others labored hard for." -Socrates. Even Socrates told us to use the search button!

2006 Aston Martin V8 Vantage.
1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2022 4Runner TRD Off Road Prenium.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post Dec 25, 2017 - 9:21 AM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

im glad the rims cleared the bbk. Sometimes I still miss them....

--------------------
Learned a lot in 10 years... I hardly log in anymore, last login Today Sept 6 2019, and I was forced just to clarify a post. LOL

If you PM me and I dont respond, dont fret or cry. Im alive, better post your questions in the thread below, maybe I log back in

2grfe Swapped... Why I chose the 2GR, before you ask read here...

A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.

@llamaraxing in Instagram is the best way to find me. I hardly log here anymore.
post Dec 25, 2017 - 11:23 AM
+Quote Post
BonzaiCelica

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 24, '08
From Orange County, CA
Currently Offline

i remember reading the body shop issues you had, it was there for 3 months if i recall.

mines been there for slightly over 6 months. and before then 7 months tearing down the car for paint. anyway this thread isnt for discussion about my celica...

--------------------
For Sale Items:
post Dec 25, 2017 - 5:47 PM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

QUOTE (njccmd2002 @ Dec 25, 2017 - 9:21 AM) *
im glad the rims cleared the bbk. Sometimes I still miss them....

They fit the Celica so well. I was always jealous when you owned them. There was no way I could pass them up. I look for spares from time to time.

QUOTE (BonzaiCelica @ Dec 25, 2017 - 11:23 AM) *
i remember reading the body shop issues you had, it was there for 3 months if i recall.

mines been there for slightly over 6 months. and before then 7 months tearing down the car for paint. anyway this thread isnt for discussion about my celica...

Ours was four months at the body shop, which felt like forever. We got lucky that it was so quick since most body shops don’t like full paint jobs. Surely yours is getting close by now if it’s been there for that long.

--------------------
"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others labored hard for." -Socrates. Even Socrates told us to use the search button!

1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post Dec 30, 2017 - 3:58 PM
+Quote Post
puretone

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 18, '06
From Aruba
Currently Offline

QUOTE (richee3 @ Dec 25, 2017 - 1:15 AM) *
Puretone has this BBK on his ST184 with tC wheels. I don’t know how the 5th gens compared to the 6th gen in terms of offset and clearance but I don’t believe he has spacers on his car. I have 15 mm spacers, so I’m effectively 17x7 +30. I was concerned that I would need to get 20 mm spacers to clear these brakes but I have plenty of clearance. I think you should have clearance on your current setup, but I think anything less than +35 may have issues.

Indeed. I didn't even need to touch the FUEL PUMP in order to fit this kit.

My kit from Revolution Brake: http://store.revolutionbrake.com/14-0016.html
Wheels are OEM Gen 1 Scion TC
No spacers, neither front nor rear.
Stainless steel braided brake lines front & rear.
I have no front/rear brake bias issues at all, keep in mind a 1992 GT Convertible weight distribution is significantly different from a Liftback/Coupe. Rear rotors are some StopTech-sourced units with EBC pads
As for tyres, I'll have to get back to you guys on that one with the *exact* size specs...I've been separated from my BEAMSica for a while & I lacked the foresight to have written those numbers down correctly.
I have NO real rubbing issues with the tyres. I did do a 3-ish mm fender stretch ages ago using the universally accepted ghetto-tech method. I've had a scrape once or twice, but under extreme conditions...left or right front wheel at full suspension compression, nose-down on an angled descent. Plastic inner wheel-well cover got it's decade worth of grime somewhat cleaned off. A benefit in my book. This is with Eibach springs and a Kayaba/KYB shock absorber setup of my own hacked-up design...the combo gives the same usual 1+ inch or whatever drop in suspension.

The only other "mod" I made to my setup was to replace the wheel studs. They had been there since the car left the factory in 1991 and I felt my girl was due some proper wheel/hub jewelry. ARP longer wheel studs (the knurl is the same as a Mitsubishi EVO8 or something) and Mishimoto aluminium lug nuts. I would not be surprised if this stud/lug combo saves about 1 pound per wheel, which is A Good Thing.

--------------------
Toyo'd, Eibach'd, Kayaba'd & BEAMS'd :D
post Dec 30, 2017 - 7:24 PM
+Quote Post
cheela

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 2, '07
From Berlin, WI
Currently Offline

time to tackle Pike's peak again. laugh.gif they look great!

--------------------

*1997 Celica ST - 3SGE Greytop BEAMS
*1977 Celica RA29 - Classic Cruiser
*2005 Matrix AWD - dedded but still hanging around like a ghost
2019 Rav4 XLE Premium - Sports mode is fun.
post Dec 30, 2017 - 10:23 PM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

who sells the replacement rotors, are they available?

--------------------
Learned a lot in 10 years... I hardly log in anymore, last login Today Sept 6 2019, and I was forced just to clarify a post. LOL

If you PM me and I dont respond, dont fret or cry. Im alive, better post your questions in the thread below, maybe I log back in

A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.

@llamaraxing in Instagram is the best way to find me. I hardly log here anymore.
post Jan 1, 2018 - 6:46 PM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

Of course. smile.gif The rotor is not made specific to our cars. I believe it’s from a BMW, and been drilled to 5x100. An adapter ring was provided for the hub. There was a part number on the rotor that I didn’t bother to write down, but I intend to next time the wheels are off. I can buy direct replacement rotors from Revolution Brake or find the correct BMW rotor and have it redrilled.

--------------------

1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post Jan 1, 2018 - 8:47 PM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

ok then. Sadly i bought a tool to redrill the supra rotors for our cars, its a shame i cannot find a good caliper to use it with....

--------------------

post Jan 1, 2018 - 9:36 PM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

Specs on those rotors?

--------------------

1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post Jan 1, 2018 - 10:40 PM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

i believe they are non turbo...

--------------------

post Jan 1, 2018 - 11:15 PM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

Looks like the Revolution Brake rotors are 27 mm taller and 2 mm thinner, so these calipers aren’t a match for the Supra rotors. Maybe next weekend I’ll pull a wheel off so I can get a specific part number for my rotors to get specs. Revolution Brake lists the rotors as 323mm x 30mm, without listing any other dimensions. Calipers are 4.5 lbs, and I’d like to weigh my stock calipers for comparison.

--------------------

1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post Jan 1, 2018 - 11:26 PM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

if only tigawoods posts real specs on his "supra rotors"

--------------------

post Jan 2, 2018 - 7:19 AM
+Quote Post
Tigawoods

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 22, '06
From Columbia, MD
Currently Offline

im hopefully getting new rotors made to match the spec of my current ones. Ill have measurements soon

--------------------

1995 GT::::Diffusing the Situation
エキサイティングカーレーシングチーム!
march 2010 COTM : 6GC feature 2014 : january 2015-2016-2018 COTM
post Jan 2, 2018 - 9:25 AM
+Quote Post
bloodMoney

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 4, '06
From Chicagoland
Currently Offline

Nice Daniel! I like the looks of them smile.gif

I'm not going to say that I told you so, but I distinctly remember making an anecdotal comment to a similar effect.... laugh.gif

Noberto:

You should look into the LS430 calipers....

wink wink

--------------------
~bloodMoney
post Jan 2, 2018 - 11:49 AM
+Quote Post
narly_charley

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 1, '09
From Marengo, IL
Currently Offline

Does Brigette work in an OR? The tape pictured in some of the previous photos is autoclave safe and it turns when it's heated to let you know when what it's wrapping has been sterilized (at least that's what it looks like).

--------------------

2000 GT-S 6 SPD... SOLD!
post Jan 2, 2018 - 12:27 PM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

QUOTE (bloodMoney @ Jan 2, 2018 - 9:25 AM) *
Nice Daniel! I like the looks of them smile.gif

I'm not going to say that I told you so, but I distinctly remember making an anecdotal comment to a similar effect.... laugh.gif

Thanks! They definitely fill the wheel much better than the stock brakes. They make the tears look nonexistent. The Hawk definitely weren’t much of an upgrade for a carefully street driven car, that’s for sure. Of course, I’ve had plenty of time to swap them out for something else and I still kept them.

QUOTE (narly_charley @ Jan 2, 2018 - 11:49 AM) *
Does Brigette work in an OR? The tape pictured in some of the previous photos is autoclave safe and it turns when it's heated to let you know when what it's wrapping has been sterilized (at least that's what it looks like).

Good observation. smile.gif She’s in banking, but I work with OR’s. Every now and then I’ll take some of the wrapping with me rather than throwing it away. It’s good to have around the garage.

--------------------

1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post Feb 6, 2018 - 10:56 PM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

Once again, just posting to keep track of things, not because any real progress was made. The tach adapter has always annoyed me but I’ve gotten so used to it twitching that I barely even notice it anymore. However, I’ve decuded it’s time for the tach adapter to go in the trash and do the 10k ohm resistor. Since there’s a new Redtop going in soon, I’ll have a chance to clean up some wiring. It will be nice to have a factory setup again and get rid of this box and some wiring.

--------------------

1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post Feb 7, 2018 - 1:10 AM
+Quote Post
Rusty

Joined Nov 5, '07
From New Zealand
Currently Offline

LED's are nice and bright btw. Anything special?

--------------------

60 Pages V  « < 50 51 52 53 54 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 19th, 2024 - 12:52 AM