6G Celicas Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V  « < 8 9 10  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Close - 96 ST anniversary edition, Story has ended. Car is now sold.
post Aug 31, 2014 - 7:10 PM
+Quote Post
Langing

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 24, '14
From Durham, NC, USA
Currently Offline

QUOTE (njccmd2002 @ Aug 31, 2014 - 7:42 PM) *
well all stories come to an End. The car was taken to be delivered to the new owner. Picked up yesterday.

Thread can be closed. Not sure the new owner will sign on here, after he gets it.

It was fun, an all. But i get to do it again with my convertible. This time, it will not be sold.

The End.
Finit
Final
Cumbaya!!!!! Chocobos forever.

That one got away from me! Oh, my. . . but your work on her was a true inspiration for me and I intend to carry on in honor of the high quality rehab you did on her. I am ready to look for one that had an owner deliver similar TLC to drive while I am rebuilding mine.

BTW: after doing all that wheel work on Betsy (brakes, wheel bearings, all new parts), we drove her to Blacksburg last weekend. The decrease in wheel friction made her engine WANT to ride along at 70, when she used to complain about going 65. Same 7A-FE engine with 299,256 miles on it. Now, I've got to overhaul that engine, and do what you did to her underside (even started reading up on air compressors for sand blasting). Thanks to you for giving me the courage to even imagine doing that.
post Aug 31, 2014 - 8:16 PM
+Quote Post
msk59

Enthusiast
Joined May 10, '14
From Tulsa, OK
Currently Offline

njccmd2002: Back in the 1990s when I was in college, my first car was a 1974 Celica ST. i bought from a friend of mine very cheap. It came with 18RC with 4 speed manual. I loved that car and worked on it. Every weekend when everyone else was in bars and chasing girls, I would hit the local U-Pull It and get parts to update my 74. I still miss that car. I end up replacing rings and pistons and installed a 5-speed gearbox from a 1976 ST. This was way before the internet forum time and I had to rely on my own skills or ask a few friends who knew how to repair cars.

Your 1977GT reminded me of my 74 ST.

This post has been edited by msk59: Aug 31, 2014 - 8:16 PM
post Aug 31, 2014 - 8:24 PM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

thanks, it will ride someday

--------------------
Learned a lot in 10 years... I hardly log in anymore, last login Today Sept 6 2019, and I was forced just to clarify a post. LOL

If you PM me and I dont respond, dont fret or cry. Im alive, better post your questions in the thread below, maybe I log back in

2grfe Swapped... Why I chose the 2GR, before you ask read here...

A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.

@llamaraxing in Instagram is the best way to find me. I hardly log here anymore.

10 Pages V  « < 8 9 10
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 28th, 2024 - 8:19 PM