6G Celicas Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

60 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Richee3's Progress thread., Wilwood BBK installed.
post Jul 18, 2010 - 8:45 PM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

Got the front seats reupholstered. It wasn't very time consuming at all, but I already had the old covers off. I also found a useful tip. Some people say you can use zip ties to hold the new covers down, but I personally don't trust that method. Every auto upholstery shop in the world that does a good job will use pig rings, so I used pig rings. However, trying to hold the seat cover where it needs to be, nice and stretched, and trying to get the pig ring in place can be very tedious. So I used zip ties to hold the seat covers in place, set the pig rings, then cut the zip ties out. Pretty easy stuff. I will be putting seat heaters in later, so I'll work on correcting a couple of small issues then. But for right now, I'm content with them. Thanks again to upscaleauto for hooking me up.

More pictures of the seats.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

And a couple of better pictures of the battery box.

My camera is pretty much dead in the water, so sorry for the cell phone pics. I'm contemplating buying a new camera and designating it as a "swap expense." Gotta take pictures of everything I do.

QUOTE (rave2n @ Jul 18, 2010 - 9:43 PM) *
Ah those seat covers, just did mine this weekend. Fun weren't they!? - Looks good though, my upper seat turned out about the same as yours, still 10x better than the OEM ones.

Only thing I dun like is when i jump in the car, i don't slide into place anymore, i got wiggle into it =P

Looking good overall thumbsup.gif

Haha thanks. I already had the OEM seat covers off, so it wasn't too bad to put these on. Like I said, I learned after a few minutes to use the zip ties to hold the covers in place before putting the pig rings in. Made things go a LOT smoother. I still have to buy the rear seat covers and do those, but I'm not in any hurry. For what it's worth, I almost like having them different colors. It draws your attention away from the back seat, almost makes it like a shadow back there. So maybe my friends will get the hint and NOT want to ride in the back seat then complain about not having any room. I definitely agree that these seat covers have a lot more grip than the factory leather. I was pleasantly surprised. I think the top corners of the seats would fit better if I had '94-'95 seats. Seems like I've noticed those having larger upper corners. Or maybe it's the 'vert seats I'm thinking of. Either way, I got them in with fairly little issue, minus the headrests.

This post has been edited by richee3: Jul 20, 2010 - 5:13 PM

--------------------
"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others labored hard for." -Socrates. Even Socrates told us to use the search button!

2006 Aston Martin V8 Vantage.
1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2022 4Runner TRD Off Road Prenium.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post Jul 18, 2010 - 8:57 PM
+Quote Post
97celiman

Enthusiast
Joined May 22, '08
From dallas texas
Currently Offline

Is it just me or do they seem really loose on the seats? like they need to shrink to fit right?

Also I have a padded armrest cover with the screws for sale that has vincents black on black cover already on...looks like you are going with white though

This post has been edited by 97celiman: Jul 18, 2010 - 8:58 PM
post Jul 25, 2010 - 9:01 PM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

Couple of quick pictures. I'm torn between deleting the 3rd spoiler post as I had done on my old black car or going wingless altogether. I tried wingless for a day or two with my black car and just didn't like it at all. With this color, you can see how accentuated the rear of the hatch is, so I'm liking it a little bit more. What do you guys think?

Third spoiler post delete.

Wingless.

And as we all know by this point, the paint is in pretty rough shape. However, I cleaned up a few spots tonight and even polished a couple of spots to see how it turned out. Where the paint looks good, it's golden. Where the paint looks bad... Well, yeah, it's just really bad. There's no saving it. There's still hope though! The passenger side door is covered in scratches from something. A dog or something. They buff right out biggrin.gif You can tell exactly where I worked on it and where I left it alone.

The grass growing up around the car suits it well, don't you think? Maybe I should put a new motor in this thing and start driving it so that I don't have a progress thread for a car that sits in a yard... The saving has begun for the new motor, and I'm just debating whether or not I should spend some cash on a Lotek A-pillar gauge pod and get the gauges in now or if I should just wait and do that after I get the motor. Seems easier to do it now, plus it makes it feel like I'm actually accomplishing something laugh.gif

Edit: Total project cost so far: $506.69, including the cost of the car.

This post has been edited by richee3: Jul 26, 2010 - 12:11 AM

--------------------
"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others labored hard for." -Socrates. Even Socrates told us to use the search button!

1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post Jul 25, 2010 - 9:28 PM
+Quote Post
dustin15brown

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 17, '03
From Bloomington, Indiana
Currently Offline

Just buy my 3s and call it a day

--------------------
post Jul 25, 2010 - 9:42 PM
+Quote Post
Johnnyny

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 28, '09
From York pa
Currently Offline

wingless is gross imo
post Jul 25, 2010 - 10:32 PM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

QUOTE (dustin15brown @ Jul 25, 2010 - 9:28 PM) *
Just buy my 3s and call it a day

I may. Let me do some research on the 2nd gen swap. I'll have my decision by this weekend. I'm a couple hundred away from being able to afford your clip, and unlike my friend, I really am only a couple hundred away, pending the purchase of some JDM tails tomorrow. I could have the money in a month and a half. Would a 5x8 trailer hold the clip or would I need something bigger?

QUOTE (Johnnyny @ Jul 25, 2010 - 9:42 PM) *
wingless is gross imo

I thought so too, for a long time. But it's grown on me. Manny and Jenn's car has me sold on a TRD wing, but I live in a very closed-minded area and big wings don't exactly go over well here, no matter how OEM and functional they are. For right now, I've got the spoiler back on the car and the third post is gone. Probably staying this way until I get some body work done to the car.

--------------------

1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post Jul 25, 2010 - 11:23 PM
+Quote Post
Batman722

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 8, '04
From Newport, RI
Currently Offline

good progress so far thumbsup.gif

go wingless for a while, it's a clean look IMO.

--------------------
post Jul 26, 2010 - 12:36 AM
+Quote Post
dustin15brown

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 17, '03
From Bloomington, Indiana
Currently Offline

i have no wing.... and it looks gooooooood

--------------------
post Jul 26, 2010 - 11:46 AM
+Quote Post
stephen_lee

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 22, '07
From Houston, TX
Currently Offline

IMO wingless doesn't look right. ive seen 94/94, 96+, and GT4 in person and i prefer gt4, but only if you have a faster celica. though i have not seen wingless in person, that i can remember.

if you were local id offer to spray your car, you only supply material. i want practice haha ive done smaller parts (fenders) and they look GREAT.

--------------------
"And, as always, your friendship, help, and dedication to the advancement of Texas Celica dominance is GREATLY appreciated. Thanks bro." -DEATH

1994 GT: V6 swap, 5speed E53 W/ LSD, All Power, now RED
1995 ST: SOLD @273k miles, Auto, all power, CarPC, White
1994 ST: Totaled, 5spd, all power, Red RIP 07/09/09 @ 241,810
1994 Lexus LS400: This is my new DD
post Jul 26, 2010 - 7:22 PM
+Quote Post
epocsirhc

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 8, '08
From Penn Valley,Ca
Currently Offline

I like this build alot. I might be getting a gt for a good deal(tranny is bad) and be going through alot of the same things that you are. I like the wingless look more than the spoiler. What type of battery are you running in that box?

--------------------
post Jul 26, 2010 - 10:59 PM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

I'm torn on the wingless. I hated it on my black car. I've seen a couple of cars on here where I liked it. Otherwise, I just feel like all the factory spoilers are either too small or too big. For right now, and until I get some body and suspension work done, it's going as the 3 post converted to a 2 post.

Stephen, for what it's worth, I could still save a ton of money by driving the car to Texas for a few days as opposed to having it sprayed here. I couldn't get it done here for less than $3,000. And even if I painted it myself it rattle cans, it can't turn out any worse than it is right now.

(Kidding. I could mess it up really bad.)

Epicsirhc, post up a progress thread when you get it! Although I'd love it if the car was running, I think I'm actually happier this way. Gives me time and money to work on the car, as opposed to having to put gas in it and pay for insurance. I can take my time and do whatever I like, and in any order. For the battery, it's a Neverstart. Sticker on the side says "Shipped June '08." It's as dead as it can be. I've only got power when I have it hooked up to a battery charger. No big deal, since I planned on getting an Optima when I buy the new motor anyway.

Edit: Total project cost so far, $722.69. Why the sudden jump from $506.69 to $722.69 with no update? You'll see.

This post has been edited by richee3: Jul 27, 2010 - 1:47 AM

--------------------

1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post Aug 2, 2010 - 8:13 PM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

Bump for a totally useless update!

Today, I went to the post office and picked up a JDM cardboard box!

It's at least a 450 RWHP cardboard box. It's from Japan.

Oh, and it had some JDM tails inside.

That's the third set of JDM tails I've bought for under $150 shipped. I could have bought a fourth pair but decided I didn't need to. I really should have spent this money getting the car running again, but I figured I'd save some money on the tails while I could.

Took a picture of the finish just so you guys get an idea of the condition/color of the paint. As I said, where the paint is bad, it's very bad but where it's good, it's good.

--------------------

1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post Aug 2, 2010 - 8:15 PM
+Quote Post
stephen_lee

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 22, '07
From Houston, TX
Currently Offline

--------------------
"And, as always, your friendship, help, and dedication to the advancement of Texas Celica dominance is GREATLY appreciated. Thanks bro." -DEATH

1994 GT: V6 swap, 5speed E53 W/ LSD, All Power, now RED
1995 ST: SOLD @273k miles, Auto, all power, CarPC, White
1994 ST: Totaled, 5spd, all power, Red RIP 07/09/09 @ 241,810
1994 Lexus LS400: This is my new DD
post Aug 3, 2010 - 1:16 AM
+Quote Post
HectortheRican

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 26, '09
From Albuquerque, NM
Currently Offline

QUOTE (stephen_lee @ Aug 2, 2010 - 8:15 PM) *

Dude WTF

LOLOLOLOL laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

OT: Looking good man, I can't wait to see how it turns out.

This post has been edited by HectortheRican: Aug 3, 2010 - 1:17 AM

--------------------
taking too long to mod since '09
June '12 COTM
'95 AT200
post Aug 3, 2010 - 1:22 PM
+Quote Post
samir0189

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 8, '08
From Orlando, Florida
Currently Offline

thumbsup.gif

--------------------
My F/S Thread!

(14:19:21) Daniel: That was a JDM hole in the side of the box too. There was so much JDM trapped inside that box that they couldn't contain it, so they had to put a JDM hole in the box to let the JDM out.

Ferdi says (11:29)
No, it looks like a hooker put her acid vag on your hood. Acid vag = bigger problem than a few dings.
post Aug 3, 2010 - 1:30 PM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

QUOTE (samir0189 @ Aug 3, 2010 - 2:22 PM) *
thumbsup.gif

Lol nice sig, Samir laugh.gif

--------------------

1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post Aug 9, 2010 - 11:33 PM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

Just a teaser for you guys.

Yes, I used a Honda to get my Toyota in my garage. And it did the job quite well. I'm very fond of my topless orange Honda. I go on topless Honda cruises quite often.

Getting the proper tools ready:

Gotta have the truck to move the car.

The last picture of this motor in this car as it should be.

This is literally all of the oil that was in the oil pan.

This post has been edited by richee3: Aug 10, 2010 - 4:36 AM

--------------------

1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post Aug 10, 2010 - 12:02 AM
+Quote Post
enderswift

Enthusiast
Joined Jul 12, '08
Currently Offline

get this thing ready for the next meet man!

This post has been edited by enderswift: Aug 10, 2010 - 4:12 PM

--------------------
post Aug 10, 2010 - 2:03 PM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

oh those greasy days!!!!

--------------------
Learned a lot in 10 years... I hardly log in anymore, last login Today Sept 6 2019, and I was forced just to clarify a post. LOL

If you PM me and I dont respond, dont fret or cry. Im alive, better post your questions in the thread below, maybe I log back in

2grfe Swapped... Why I chose the 2GR, before you ask read here...

A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.

@llamaraxing in Instagram is the best way to find me. I hardly log here anymore.
post Aug 10, 2010 - 10:03 PM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

QUOTE (enderswift @ Aug 10, 2010 - 12:02 AM) *
get this thing ready for the next meet man!

Lol working on it. It's just a matter of saving up and buying a 3S at this point.

QUOTE (njccmd2002 @ Aug 10, 2010 - 2:03 PM) *
oh those greasy days!!!!

Nothing beats a busted axle boot! I love being covered in axle grease. kindasad.gif

For real though, the first serious update of this thread: The super blown 5S is out of the car.

Needs moar low.

This post has been edited by richee3: Aug 10, 2010 - 10:07 PM

--------------------

1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.

60 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 28th, 2024 - 11:46 PM