6G Celicas Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> My 25th Anniversary Limited Edition Celica (Joseph)
post Feb 25, 2015 - 12:31 AM
+Quote Post
igpx12

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 30, '14
From Cortland NY
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Box @ Feb 24, 2015 - 6:57 PM) *
Really, another speeding ticket after the flaps? laugh.gif

That's what I was thinking too when I was looking at his progress shots. One shaky shot by him and a full rear shot by the popo laugh.gif

--------------------
1997 ST:Limitedly Green
This car is not about racing... This car is not about power or performance... It's purely about being cool.
post Feb 25, 2015 - 1:01 AM
+Quote Post
JosephST575

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 14, '13
From Guatemala
Currently Offline

The next item i got for my celica is a Simota intake Carbon Fiber Shell:

It took me a while and help from friends to get it to fit right.

After that i got hit by another dumb driver frown.gif

i was sad and mad at the same time but still i had to fix my Celica frown.gif . Took a week to repair it. smile.gif

After saving money and looking at it on Ebay, finally i purchased my Roof Visor almost a year to get it and i didnt wait to put it on my Celica:

More Pics of my Celica:

Another Mod Was the custom Made side Fender light red:

QUOTE (igpx12 @ Feb 25, 2015 - 12:31 AM) *
QUOTE (Box @ Feb 24, 2015 - 6:57 PM) *
Really, another speeding ticket after the flaps? laugh.gif

That's what I was thinking too when I was looking at his progress shots. One shaky shot by him and a full rear shot by the popo laugh.gif

Lol yeah didnt get a good shot of the flaps while i was putting them on.
post Feb 25, 2015 - 2:17 AM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

I like how the intake snorkel is sucking air from the hottest part of the engine bay. tongue.gif

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Feb 25, 2015 - 2:43 AM
+Quote Post
JosephST575

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 14, '13
From Guatemala
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Box @ Feb 25, 2015 - 2:17 AM) *
I like how the intake snorkel is sucking air from the hottest part of the engine bay. tongue.gif

Not really Most of the Air is going in from the Big opening That snorkel Thing you mention It makes a sound for some reason but no air is coming in from it smile.gif
post Feb 26, 2015 - 12:25 AM
+Quote Post
JosephST575

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 14, '13
From Guatemala
Currently Offline

Today its a sad day, my Celica overheated becuase the fans stop working and on top of that the two fuse boxes started to smoke frown.gif

post Feb 26, 2015 - 1:57 AM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

The radiators are notorious for cracking due to age, so maybe you lucked out and that's it. If it were the fans it would've taken some time for it to overheat and you would've noticed the temp climbing. When mine cracked there was a large amount of steam and the temp gauge indicated it was overheating, even though I know it didn't because it happened when the car wasn't even running and I was listening to the radio. It sounds like coolant found its way into the fuse and relay boxes, will just have to check things out with a multimeter.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Feb 26, 2015 - 2:09 AM
+Quote Post
JosephST575

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 14, '13
From Guatemala
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Box @ Feb 26, 2015 - 1:57 AM) *
The radiators are notorious for cracking due to age, so maybe you lucked out and that's it. If it were the fans it would've taken some time for it to overheat and you would've noticed the temp climbing. When mine cracked there was a large amount of steam and the temp gauge indicated it was overheating, even though I know it didn't because it happened when the car wasn't even running and I was listening to the radio. It sounds like coolant found its way into the fuse and relay boxes, will just have to check things out with a multimeter.

Yeah it was really weird tho since it was working fine the day before that. frown.gif with our Celicas Age is a problem. I mean it did took time for it to overheat because i left my house as usual and once i got near the city temperature raised quickly i put on the air to cool it down thats where i noticed that the fans where not moving at all. We put down the temp and turn it off once we started it again thats when smoke came out the fuse and relay boxes.

This post has been edited by JosephST575: Feb 26, 2015 - 2:14 AM
post Feb 26, 2015 - 6:12 AM
+Quote Post
igpx12

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 30, '14
From Cortland NY
Currently Offline

Sounds more like an electrical issue involving the fuses to me rather than the radiator failing. If you were in stop and go traffic in the city with no direct air on through to the radiator it would start climbing with the temp due to your fans not running. It's amazing how much they keep the motor in check with the temp. Which fuse boxes smoked out on you?

--------------------
This car is not about racing... This car is not about power or performance... It's purely about being cool.
post Feb 26, 2015 - 7:32 AM
+Quote Post
JosephST575

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 14, '13
From Guatemala
Currently Offline

QUOTE (igpx12 @ Feb 26, 2015 - 6:12 AM) *
Sounds more like an electrical issue involving the fuses to me rather than the radiator failing. If you were in stop and go traffic in the city with no direct air on through to the radiator it would start climbing with the temp due to your fans not running. It's amazing how much they keep the motor in check with the temp. Which fuse boxes smoked out on you?

Both the relay box on the engine bay and the fuses that are on the drivers side they both started to smoke.
post Feb 26, 2015 - 6:12 PM
+Quote Post
igpx12

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 30, '14
From Cortland NY
Currently Offline

QUOTE (JosephST575 @ Feb 26, 2015 - 7:32 AM) *

Both the relay box on the engine bay and the fuses that are on the drivers side they both started to smoke.

The relay box has two fuses for fans and the drivers side underhood fuse box has one, so its very possible that it burnt out those fuses. give all the fuses a look though to see if anything else could have burnt out. Quite possible though once you replace any bad fuses that it will fix your issue. Did you have a chance to check the radiator yet?

--------------------
post Feb 26, 2015 - 6:21 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Though there'd have to be a reason for the fuses to blow in the fashion they did. They'd have to been overloaded quite significantly to throw smoke. Could be as simple as someone used way too low of an amperage fuse, that or the motors shorted out.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Feb 26, 2015 - 6:40 PM
+Quote Post
igpx12

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 30, '14
From Cortland NY
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Box @ Feb 26, 2015 - 6:21 PM) *
Though there'd have to be a reason for the fuses to blow in the fashion they did. They'd have to been overloaded quite significantly to throw smoke. Could be as simple as someone used way too low of an amperage fuse, that or the motors shorted out.

Yeah thats why I said quite possible that it would fix it, not a guarantee. Just hoping for him that its not a in depth issue.

--------------------
post Feb 26, 2015 - 7:35 PM
+Quote Post
JosephST575

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 14, '13
From Guatemala
Currently Offline

QUOTE (igpx12 @ Feb 26, 2015 - 6:12 PM) *
QUOTE (JosephST575 @ Feb 26, 2015 - 7:32 AM) *

The relay box has two fuses for fans and the drivers side underhood fuse box has one, so its very possible that it burnt out those fuses. give all the fuses a look though to see if anything else could have burnt out. Quite possible though once you replace any bad fuses that it will fix your issue. Did you have a chance to check the radiator yet?

The radiator is fine, I'll check the fuses to see how they are thanks for the recommendation.
post Feb 26, 2015 - 7:40 PM
+Quote Post
JosephST575

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 14, '13
From Guatemala
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Box @ Feb 26, 2015 - 6:21 PM) *

Yeah it's weird but I'll get to the bottom of the problem .
post Feb 26, 2015 - 11:14 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Hopefully it's something simple and the engine didn't suffer any damage. Aluminum heads don't like overheating at all.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Feb 26, 2015 - 11:33 PM
+Quote Post
JosephST575

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 14, '13
From Guatemala
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Box @ Feb 26, 2015 - 11:14 PM) *
Hopefully it's something simple and the engine didn't suffer any damage. Aluminum heads don't like overheating at all.

Well the engine is fine it didn't heat up all the way i tried to contain it by using the air system thats how i noticed that both fans where not working. but the engine didn't suffer any damage
post Mar 1, 2015 - 5:25 PM
+Quote Post
JosephST575

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 14, '13
From Guatemala
Currently Offline

My celica Got back Yesterday nothing serious it was just one wire that was on the relay box. Thanks to all of those who told me possible things that could of started the problem.
So one day while browsing for Celica parts i came a cross on a pair of Curren Headlights:

But they are not any Curren headlights they are a rare kouki dark tint Curren headlights. still looking for more parts to make the Curren conversion.

Once i got my new radio/DvD player on i wanted to make my console look different and unique and with the help of one of my friends we Carbon Fiber wrapped it:

And heres a little video of my celica and a few other celicas:

Toyota Celica Meet
post Mar 4, 2015 - 12:34 AM
+Quote Post
JosephST575

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 14, '13
From Guatemala
Currently Offline

This is how my Celica looks so far:

I will be posting how Im gonna restore my GTFOUR front strut bar and the special design i got plan for it, This is how it looks right now:

This post has been edited by JosephST575: Mar 13, 2015 - 12:14 AM
post Mar 4, 2015 - 1:21 AM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

I want to say the GT-Four had a 3 piece front strut bar, but I could be mistaken. Someone with a more relevant memory could say for sure. I know that's the same as a regular GT anyway.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Mar 4, 2015 - 1:23 AM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

The GT4 got the same strut bar as the GT's and SS-III's. The TRD strut bar won't clear the intercooler, sadly.

--------------------
"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others labored hard for." -Socrates. Even Socrates told us to use the search button!

2006 Aston Martin V8 Vantage.
1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2022 4Runner TRD Off Road Prenium.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 28th, 2024 - 5:37 AM