> Trunk Carpetting
post Jan 26, 2010 - 2:41 PM
+Quote Post
georgie

Enthusiast
Joined Jul 5, '09
From Toronto
Currently Offline

I recently got 2 subs for my car, and I knew going into it i'd have to remove my spare tire; which im fine with but my trunk's carpetting kinda has a hump to accommodate the full size spare cause it wasn't flat. I'm wondering is there anything to a) cover the whole where the spare used to be and b) any flat carpeting for the trunk so it isn't so ugly?

Thanks in advance!
post Jan 26, 2010 - 5:57 PM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

Not sure what the hole looks like for the spare tire in a GT4, but check out the trunk of any non-GT4 Celica. Nice and flat.

--------------------
"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others labored hard for." -Socrates. Even Socrates told us to use the search button!

2006 Aston Martin V8 Vantage.
1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2022 4Runner TRD Off Road Prenium.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post Jan 26, 2010 - 6:01 PM
+Quote Post
cheela

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 2, '07
From Berlin, WI
Currently Offline

idk about anyone else but i don't have the full size spare tire so I actually have a factory board that goes over my tire and hold my tire in place. I'll try and get a pic if you want. It's cold so i haven't been outside in the garage at all.

--------------------

*1997 Celica ST - 3SGE Greytop BEAMS
*1977 Celica RA29 - Classic Cruiser
*2005 Matrix AWD - dedded but still hanging around like a ghost
2019 Rav4 XLE Premium - Sports mode is fun.
post Jan 26, 2010 - 6:46 PM
+Quote Post
garin

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 12, '07
From Lancaster, Pa
Currently Offline

some custom fiberglassing...?

--------------------
post Jan 26, 2010 - 8:38 PM
+Quote Post
georgie

Enthusiast
Joined Jul 5, '09
From Toronto
Currently Offline

its not a gt4 just a gts and does toyota sell the factory cardboard + flat carpet? or is that plastic trunk lining a better bet? im just worried because the plastic lining isn't perfectly flat and my subs might rattle a bit

thanks for the replies, keep em comming!
post Jan 26, 2010 - 9:56 PM
+Quote Post
SwissFerdi

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 18, '09
From Orlando
Currently Offline

Mine isn't perfectly flat either. I have a single 12" smack-dab in the middle of the trunk, no rattling issues.

--------------------
'97 ST \ Eibach \ KYB \ Kenwood \ Alpine \ Cusco \ OEM+ [sold 10/18]
'93 MX-5 LE
post Jan 27, 2010 - 1:57 AM
+Quote Post
azian_advanced

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 18, '05
From Calgary
Currently Offline

there are 2 variations of rear trunk carpeting.. one with the hump for the full-size spare, and one that is just flat. the flat carpets came on some cars as stock, probably the STs. i bought one from another member here. i had this giant board sitting in my garage and what i did was i layed the rear hatchcarpet on it and i used a marker to make an outline out of it. then i just cut around it and made myself a new rear flooring in just a few mins. so my spare tire is gone but i still have the center bolt that holds the spare in. it's there only to provide support to keep the board from sinking in.

--------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 28th, 2024 - 1:55 PM