6G Celicas Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

400 Pages V  « < 357 358 359 360 361 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Teh Official "Dude Where's My Forum?" Thread, Brought to you by the minds of Box, and her fiancée, Lorelei
post Apr 10, 2020 - 6:57 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

Me and the 4 cylinders went out for a session of lets get lost then figure out where I am, oh yea that's where I wanted to be, that's an ok road to cruise, damn it's been 2 hours almost? time to go home. I could tell it was on the cold end of what the tires like though, one turn onto the highway ramp either they cooled down too much or the lane was slick because as soon as I put on any power it wanted to slide out some, which is saying a lot because it's not like I have much power to put down lol.

This post has been edited by Bitter: Apr 10, 2020 - 6:58 PM

--------------------
post Apr 14, 2020 - 10:45 AM
+Quote Post
Lorelei6gc

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 7, '20
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Well, not sure if this is the place to put this, but I am moving to PA. It sucks and all that I'll be leaving the place I grew up, again, and most likely permanently, but it is a necessary move at this point. Ran out of luck locally after 4 months without a job, and I'm both maddened and sickened that I could not get a job, especially after sending out over 400 applications. On top of that, the people who nearly killed me on a bus will walk free because the court date got moved to 6/19 and I almost definitely won't be able to get back here for that. Looks like I've lost another opportunity, this one was a golden ticket.
post Apr 16, 2020 - 6:07 AM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

QUOTE (cheela @ Apr 4, 2020 - 6:54 PM) *
QUOTE (Box @ Apr 4, 2020 - 4:35 PM) *
I've been off the past couple of weeks, just now feeling back to normal.

Uhm, nothing new really thanks to stupid virus ruining everything. Never listed the car because of it.

You should list it. no better time. I listed Freelica and sold it in less than a week. Just be safe, I did wear a mask when talking with them n going for a test drive etc. then after the deal, I made sure to wash my hands and do a full body de-sanitize lol.

Thanks to fibromyalgia I'm at a higher risk, and there are two HIGH risk people in my home. It's not worth the chance.

QUOTE (Lorelei6gc @ Apr 14, 2020 - 10:45 AM) *
Well, not sure if this is the place to put this, but I am moving to PA. It sucks and all that I'll be leaving the place I grew up, again, and most likely permanently, but it is a necessary move at this point. Ran out of luck locally after 4 months without a job, and I'm both maddened and sickened that I could not get a job, especially after sending out over 400 applications. On top of that, the people who nearly killed me on a bus will walk free because the court date got moved to 6/19 and I almost definitely won't be able to get back here for that. Looks like I've lost another opportunity, this one was a golden ticket.

You should see about attending court virtually, I think they do that. Fairly sure that's a thing. You should find out just in case you're not able to do a two-way ticket and hotel just for the occasion.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Apr 18, 2020 - 9:26 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

https://youtu.be/cD83GV2i9R0 car ASMR

--------------------
post Apr 20, 2020 - 7:48 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

Anyone else fed up with these cool rainy days and random snow? Just when I thought the salt was off the roads for the year BAM that snow came through and there's piles of salt everywhere on the roads. It's like spring is under quarantine. I should be taking the time to get that intake manifold installed but I'm not lol. What's everyone else keeping occupied with?

--------------------
post Apr 20, 2020 - 10:55 PM
+Quote Post
mneal2_92788

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 7, '06
From Lawrence IN, 46226
Currently Offline

I’m just trying to get my celi up and running. Other wise got the n64 and yard work keeping me sane
post Apr 21, 2020 - 5:31 AM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Bitter @ Apr 20, 2020 - 7:48 PM) *
What's everyone else keeping occupied with?

Guys, lots of guys. I made the mistake of posting a picture of me posing with my synths on a music gear forum, oh well. laugh.gif

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Apr 21, 2020 - 8:10 AM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Box @ Apr 21, 2020 - 5:31 AM) *
QUOTE (Bitter @ Apr 20, 2020 - 7:48 PM) *
What's everyone else keeping occupied with?

Guys, lots of guys. I made the mistake of posting a picture of me posing with my synths on a music gear forum, oh well. laugh.gif

A 'mistake', suuuurrrreeeee.
*Marylin Monroe voice* Oh I just hope no one notices me
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
post Apr 26, 2020 - 6:08 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

Polishing up her dark silver Escape with some of the new Turtle Wax line then gonna top it with the matching spray ceramic sealer stuff. It's looking nice so far, not using the recommended pad for the polishing but it's doing well anyway. Currently taking a short break from the roof.

On a little different tangent seems like Erin has the 'rona. Shortness of breathe, aches, weakness, fatigue, chills, cold hands and feet, and feeling very cold all the time. No fever. She's been exposed to co-workers who are sick and clinically diagnosed so she was able to go get tested. Test came back negative but doctor says she thinks that based on symptoms she's gotten a false negative test result. She's calling Monday to follow up about a chest X-Ray and make a follow up appointment. She's lost most of her sense of taste and smell sometime during the last couple days but smell might be coming back already. Meanwhile I'm pretty much fine, little tickle in my throat from time to time and maybe a little fatigue but I haven't been sleeping great the past week she's been sick.

--------------------
post Apr 30, 2020 - 11:10 AM
+Quote Post
cheela

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 2, '07
From Berlin, WI
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Bitter @ Apr 26, 2020 - 6:08 PM) *
Polishing up her dark silver Escape with some of the new Turtle Wax line then gonna top it with the matching spray ceramic sealer stuff. It's looking nice so far, not using the recommended pad for the polishing but it's doing well anyway. Currently taking a short break from the roof.

On a little different tangent seems like Erin has the 'rona. Shortness of breathe, aches, weakness, fatigue, chills, cold hands and feet, and feeling very cold all the time. No fever. She's been exposed to co-workers who are sick and clinically diagnosed so she was able to go get tested. Test came back negative but doctor says she thinks that based on symptoms she's gotten a false negative test result. She's calling Monday to follow up about a chest X-Ray and make a follow up appointment. She's lost most of her sense of taste and smell sometime during the last couple days but smell might be coming back already. Meanwhile I'm pretty much fine, little tickle in my throat from time to time and maybe a little fatigue but I haven't been sleeping great the past week she's been sick.

oh no! that not good news... Hope she can recover and gets better soon.

--------------------

*1997 Celica ST - 3SGE Greytop BEAMS
*1977 Celica RA29 - Classic Cruiser
*2005 Matrix AWD - dedded but still hanging around like a ghost
2019 Rav4 XLE Premium - Sports mode is fun.
post May 3, 2020 - 10:33 AM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

Spent 5 hours hangin out in the ER parking lot on Friday cause her Dr wanted her to go in and get checked out based on her symptoms not improving and worsening a little, add vomiting to the list and her feet turned blue a few times. So they did a blood panel, a chest xray, gave her fluids, gave her anti-puke, did a ct with contrast, an ekg, and swabbed again for rona. Waiting on the swab to come back but she's otherwise 'healthy'. So whatever is wrong with her isn't something basic, but of course she's laying down resting when they do all this and that's usually when she feels somewhat normal and OK. It's when she stands and walks down the hall way that she gets dizzy and falls down or out walking the dogs slowly with me. She runs a 7 minute mile normally when she goes out, a slow jog is an 8 minute mile. She does core and arm and leg work outs for 20 minutes at a time at least once a day sometimes twice if she has the time. She should not get winded and dizzy walking 3 blocks at a leisurely pace.

But I got her some boost shakes (old people food) and she's been able to keep those in and is feeling better but still ****ty and weak, getting dizzy, etc. We need to follow up with the normal Dr but with everything going on she can't get seen in person. Terrible time to be sick with anything.

--------------------
post May 3, 2020 - 11:01 AM
+Quote Post
navseal345

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 17, '09
From Millard, Omaha, Nebraska
Currently Offline

She definitely got the 'Rona.
post May 3, 2020 - 11:13 AM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

QUOTE (navseal345 @ May 3, 2020 - 11:01 AM) *
She definitely got the 'Rona.

We'll see Monday-ish when she can talk to her regular Dr and get the second swab results. They're having a lot of false negatives I guess so who knows what's up. It would be nice if that's all it is but on the other hand if it's not then wtf is going on? It does seem to slowly be improving though.

And I'm perfectly fine except some spring allergy.

--------------------
post May 3, 2020 - 11:35 AM
+Quote Post
navseal345

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 17, '09
Currently Offline

You definitely gonna get the 'Rona.
post May 3, 2020 - 1:19 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

QUOTE (navseal345 @ May 3, 2020 - 11:35 AM) *
You definitely gonna get the 'Rona.

If she has it and I was going to get it I would have gotten it already. It's not like she's been social distancing from me at all in the house. So if she has it then I'm immune or something.

If two nose swabs come back negative then I dunno wtf was/is going on with her. Hopefully things continue to improve and if we never figure it out that's fine as long as it never happens again/.

--------------------
post May 10, 2020 - 11:36 AM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

Forum is back up for 5 minutes, huzzah!

--------------------
post May 10, 2020 - 11:46 AM
+Quote Post
navseal345

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 17, '09
Currently Offline

** me on the throne ** Yeah 6gc is back up!

This post has been edited by navseal345: May 10, 2020 - 11:46 AM
post May 19, 2020 - 1:39 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

It's back! Quickly post before it's gone again. Must mean Cheelas car is broke once more.

--------------------
post May 19, 2020 - 2:20 PM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

Don’t tell anyone I told you think about Chee La’s car but it might be just the opposite...

--------------------
"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others labored hard for." -Socrates. Even Socrates told us to use the search button!

2006 Aston Martin V8 Vantage.
1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2022 4Runner TRD Off Road Prenium.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post May 20, 2020 - 7:32 PM
+Quote Post
navseal345

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 17, '09
Currently Offline

It works!!

400 Pages V  « < 357 358 359 360 361 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 28th, 2024 - 12:37 PM