+Quote Post
babi_boi

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 10, '09
From pa
Currently Offline

Some pics. of when I first got her.

http://i948.photobucket.com/albums/ad324/B...ca%20GT/033.jpg
Some pics. of the interior, one with Cobreau Racing seats installed with Simpson 5 Point Harness

After washing, waxing, and polishing
Decided i did not really care for the decals so i removed them. Here is a pic. half way through removing decal. http://i948.photobucket.com/albums/ad324/B.../downsize31.jpg
And a pic. after decal was removed, and wing window was tinted.
Ordered Z3 fenders from 6GC.NET, But have not installed them yet, waiting until end of March b/c she is getting repainted the first week of April.
Ordered EBC Green stuff brake pads.
Then ordered 17" DC Sport rims and tires
Next I installed a new muffler.
Then came the night shade on the tail lights.
Had some Carbon Fiber Mirrors laying around so I decided to put them on, not sure if I like them though, so they might be coming back off. Let me know what you guys think.

Finally I ordered some slotted brake rotors (Rotora)
Installed new brakes, rotors, and wheels.

And here is how she looks as of now.

I will post more pictures as the progression continues. Let me know what everybody thinks. Good or bad.

This post has been edited by babi_boi: May 8, 2011 - 3:28 PM

--------------------
BABI BOI
post Mar 5, 2010 - 6:10 PM
+Quote Post
epocsirhc

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 8, '08
From Penn Valley,Ca
Currently Offline

I like the night shades and don't really care for the mirrors or rims. I think that it has to do with them being chrome. Did you notice a big difference with the brake upgrades?

--------------------
post Mar 5, 2010 - 6:11 PM
+Quote Post
Ted95

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 8, '09
From Westport, MA
Currently Offline

not bad nice pick up! looks good! personally not a big fan of the carb mirrors but thats jus my opinion, i like the oem style upgrades and splitters, but some other guys might like the carb look... keep up the good work!

ps.. nice rims!

--------------------
st205 powered ss3 coupe
post Mar 5, 2010 - 7:44 PM
+Quote Post
babi_boi

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 10, '09
From pa
Currently Offline

QUOTE (epocsirhc @ Mar 5, 2010 - 6:10 PM) *
I like the night shades and don't really care for the mirrors or rims. I think that it has to do with them being chrome. Did you notice a big difference with the brake upgrades?

yes i did notice a big difference in the brakes. Way way better. IMO. And i dont think i really like them mirrors myself, thats why i stated above they might come back off. smile.gif

QUOTE (Ted95 @ Mar 5, 2010 - 6:11 PM) *
not bad nice pick up! looks good! personally not a big fan of the carb mirrors but thats jus my opinion, i like the oem style upgrades and splitters, but some other guys might like the carb look... keep up the good work!

ps.. nice rims!

I am pretty sure the mirrors are coming off. Dont think i like them. but thanks to everybody for the comments. keep them coming please.

--------------------
BABI BOI
post Mar 5, 2010 - 8:02 PM
+Quote Post
GriffGirl

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 7, '07
From Portland, Oregon
Currently Offline

I hate your rims. I just hate 'em. It's like a grill, you know, like the pimp daddy rapper teeth kind, but for wheels. Yep, I'm a hater. tongue.gif

BUT: that's just my personal taste! I'm totally not flaming you, and I enjoy posts like this where we get to see the evolution of various members' cars. I can't wait until the weather gets better and I get my car to a stage where I can make a thread like this too! The rest of the car looks great - the mirrors *almost* work, but they don't quite follow the lines of the car, which I think you already know already. I love how the nightshade/tinted tails turned out, they look great. May I suggest you consider the clear fender lights you can find on eBay? I think they'd look great on your car. And maybe tint your front turn signals, too.

If you decide you wanna unload those mirrors for dirt-ass cheap, I know someone who would love them for their car. PM me if you wanna get rid of 'em. But I mean CHEAP. wink.gif

--------------------
post Mar 5, 2010 - 10:27 PM
+Quote Post
babi_boi

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 10, '09
From pa
Currently Offline

QUOTE (GriffGirl @ Mar 5, 2010 - 8:02 PM) *
I hate your rims. I just hate 'em. It's like a grill, you know, like the pimp daddy rapper teeth kind, but for wheels. Yep, I'm a hater. tongue.gif

BUT: that's just my personal taste! I'm totally not flaming you, and I enjoy posts like this where we get to see the evolution of various members' cars. I can't wait until the weather gets better and I get my car to a stage where I can make a thread like this too! The rest of the car looks great - the mirrors *almost* work, but they don't quite follow the lines of the car, which I think you already know already. I love how the nightshade/tinted tails turned out, they look great. May I suggest you consider the clear fender lights you can find on eBay? I think they'd look great on your car. And maybe tint your front turn signals, too.

If you decide you wanna unload those mirrors for dirt-ass cheap, I know someone who would love them for their car. PM me if you wanna get rid of 'em. But I mean CHEAP. wink.gif

Thanks for your opion. I enjoyed making this post, to get more opions about my car. I definatley think the mirrors are coming off. I will pm you some better pics. of them when i take them back off, and a price (CHEAP wink.gif ) Keep in mind, They are not perpect. Definatley the turn signals in the front are going to be tinted. And i think for now i am going to tint the fender lights as well, until i can get some clear ones. As for the rims, i know its not everybody's "cup of tea", but i myself like them and thats what counts rights. Again thanks everybody for the opions, keep them coming please.

--------------------
BABI BOI
post Mar 6, 2010 - 7:22 PM
+Quote Post
babi_boi

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 10, '09
From pa
Currently Offline

So the mirrors did come off today(back to stock), and i hit the fender lights and turn signals with some night shade. Here are a couple pics. Let me know what you think.

--------------------
BABI BOI
post Mar 8, 2010 - 7:47 PM
+Quote Post
babi_boi

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 10, '09
From pa
Currently Offline

Installed my Z3 Fenders today. Not perfect but will be when she gets painted.

--------------------
BABI BOI
post Mar 8, 2010 - 8:55 PM
+Quote Post
rave2n

Enthusiast
Joined May 29, '09
From Gainesville, FL
Currently Offline

Liking the progress!
post Mar 8, 2010 - 10:15 PM
+Quote Post
Euphoria

Enthusiast
Joined May 6, '08
From Lisarow, NSW, Australia
Currently Offline

changing the mirrors made a big difference, definitely better! and I like the tinting, alot better than orange.

How much lighter are those new guards?
post Mar 9, 2010 - 8:23 AM
+Quote Post
babi_boi

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 10, '09
From pa
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Euphoria @ Mar 8, 2010 - 11:15 PM) *
changing the mirrors made a big difference, definitely better! and I like the tinting, alot better than orange.

How much lighter are those new guards?

What do you mean by guards? If you are refering to the fenders. They are alot lighter. With both fenders in a pretty decent size box, wrapped in 2 seperate sheets, They only weigh 20.6 lbs. I think most of that wieght came from the box and the sheets though. If you ment something else, sorry, you will have to let me know so i can give you a proper answer.

--------------------
BABI BOI
post Mar 15, 2010 - 1:20 PM
+Quote Post
JuMPiiN

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 10, '09
From Louisiana
Currently Offline

Rims are too much Chrome for me.... i did the exact same thing Night Shades the tails, turns, all of it, but my car is white. It would look amazing if it was lowered with a blocks on the wing in my opinion. But i like almost any car thats lowered
post Mar 15, 2010 - 3:37 PM
+Quote Post
babi_boi

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 10, '09
From pa
Currently Offline

QUOTE (JuMPiiN @ Mar 15, 2010 - 1:20 PM) *
Rims are too much Chrome for me.... i did the exact same thing Night Shades the tails, turns, all of it, but my car is white. It would look amazing if it was lowered with a blocks on the wing in my opinion. But i like almost any car thats lowered

By the blocks you mean the gt4 blocks? I am looking into getting some lowering springs for it, That will probably be soon, just gotta wait for my unemployment to go through, or some other money to come in. Hopefully soon. It will be painted all one color the first week of April. (Electric Blue) So hopefully it will look even better. Thanks for the comments keep them coming.

--------------------
BABI BOI
post Mar 15, 2010 - 3:42 PM
+Quote Post
SoDo

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 16, '07
From Chicago, IL
Currently Offline

What mirrors did u have on? Looks similar to 5th gen mirrors.

--------------------
1999 Celica GT Hatchback
post Mar 15, 2010 - 5:34 PM
+Quote Post
JuMPiiN

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 10, '09
From Louisiana
Currently Offline

Yes some GT4 Blocks and lowered and it would look pretty nasty.
post Mar 15, 2010 - 5:47 PM
+Quote Post
babi_boi

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 10, '09
From pa
Currently Offline

QUOTE (SoDo @ Mar 15, 2010 - 3:42 PM) *
What mirrors did u have on? Looks similar to 5th gen mirrors.

They was Carbon Fiber, Not sure what brand or anything, I got them off of my Nissan 240 sx parts car.

--------------------
BABI BOI
post Apr 13, 2010 - 9:24 PM
+Quote Post
babi_boi

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 10, '09
From pa
Currently Offline

Just a couple more pics. of how she looks now.

--------------------
BABI BOI
post Jul 28, 2010 - 3:18 PM
+Quote Post
babi_boi

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 10, '09
From pa
Currently Offline

Installed the subs the other day. Still working on the custum hatch kit. Not sure yet how i want it. But this works for now.

--------------------
BABI BOI
post Sep 29, 2010 - 5:36 PM
+Quote Post
babi_boi

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 10, '09
From pa
Currently Offline

Just thought i would update a little. Haven't done much, just made a custom hatch cover and cut my springs. I know a lot of ppl would not suggest doing it for many reasons, but i did and it still drives and handles greats.
Here is the custom hatch cover.

And some pictures after i cut my springs.

--------------------
BABI BOI
post Sep 29, 2010 - 6:09 PM
+Quote Post
96stgreendemon

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 7, '09
From Northern kentucky
Currently Offline

you really need to paint those fenders would make the car look 10x better

--------------------
1996 Toyota Celica Project Mean Green
3RD Gen 3SGTE WRC Edition W/LSD E153 - Love BOOST <3

2001 Solar yellow Lexus IS300

2001 Dodge ram 1500 Off-road edition

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 28th, 2024 - 4:02 PM