6G Celicas Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Clutch Kit Options for V6 and 3sge/3sgte swaps, for S54 and E153 transmissions
post Jun 20, 2013 - 1:13 PM
+Quote Post
BonzaiCelica

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 24, '08
From Orange County, CA
Currently Offline

so since a v6 engine and a 3sge/3sgte engine are common swaps among members who want more power here is a thread that will be sticked. people are always asking what hybrid clutch can I use for my V6 swap or 3S engine. so to put this to rest without having to constantly repeat ourselves here we go:

The beams flywheel weighs 15 lbs and it's weight/contact area for the disk is more centralized and than the 3sgte flywheel (oem 3sgte flywheel weighs 19-20 lbs). if you look on toyodiy or toyotamarket.ru you can see that the 1999 Celica SS-III 3SGE Beams Redtop and 1999 Celica ST204 5SFE, they share the same clutch disc part # 31250-20331

Also the 3SGTE Pressure Plate will not fit onto 3SGE Beams Flywheel!!

Option # 1 (using a 3sge/3sgte/V6 to S54 transmission) : 3sge flywheel and 5sfe clutch disc, 5sfe pressure plate and an OEM 5sfe release bearing will work just fine. OEM 5sfe clutch kit from you dealership for a beams motor will work but i feel as if it won't handle the power after a while. get a stage 2 aftermarket clutch kit

below is 5sfe disk on oem 3sge beams pressure plate

OEM Set up = 5sfe disk on 3sge beams flywheel

230mm Flywheel Surface Area and 5sfe disk is 225 mm. that's why 1999 ST202 beams and only 1999 ST204 5sfe clutch disk use the same part #

Option # 2 hybrid kit (using a 3sge/3sgte/V6 to S54 transmission) : 3sgte flywheel, 3sgte clutch disk with 5sfe spline, 3sgte pressure plate and OEM 5sfe release bearing.

below is a 3sgte disk with 5sfe spline and 3sgte pressure plate

this is the close up view of the hybrid 3sgte clutch disk with 5sfe spline. I ordered mine from southbend as I like that fact that they use Exedy parts for their clutch kits which are resprayed a different color. if you type in that part number on google you'll see that its used for a regular 5sfe clutch kit

3sgte pressure plate is 236mm circumference

Aftermarket Set up = 3sgte disk with 5sfe spline on beams flywheel. so you can see that a 3sgte clutch disk goes over the diameter of the 3sge beams flywheel.

Option #3 : If you are using an E153 transmission for your 3sgte or V6 engine. All you need to get is a 3sgte clutch kit from your preferred clutch company

This post has been edited by BonzaiCelica: Jun 1, 2017 - 12:47 PM

--------------------
For Sale Items:

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 29th, 2024 - 8:50 AM