> This car is the best thanks toyota
post Apr 27, 2018 - 10:56 AM
+Quote Post
Oreo20

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 27, '14
From Houston
Currently Offline

Just wanted to let everyone in how reliable this car has been to me since I’ve gotten it 5 years ago today.
I work at a construction company so I’m constantly driving everywhere. I’m driving 100 miles a day and this guy gets me there and back home like nothing. Currently at 210k miles I wake up Monday-Friday at 5am and make my day trip. 28 mpg it’s getting me and what makes me the happiest is that I can trust it to get me there compared to other co workers that have replaced their veichles due to engine problems 2 or 3 times and I’m still with the same car. Hope yalls car is giving y’all the same luck

1994 celica gt manual
210k miles

post Apr 27, 2018 - 11:29 AM
+Quote Post
cheela

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 2, '07
From Berlin, WI
Currently Offline

You certainly got the right car for reliability. If you treat them right, they're damn near bulletproof.
I've have my ST for about 12 years now and never had a single problem with it other than me breaking things. but 211k miles and it's never left me stranded. Could probably go another 100k but I'm yanking out the 7a for a beams soon which will be pretty reliable as well. smile.gif

--------------------

*1997 Celica ST - 3SGE Greytop BEAMS
*1977 Celica RA29 - Classic Cruiser
*2005 Matrix AWD - dedded but still hanging around like a ghost
2019 Rav4 XLE Premium - Sports mode is fun.
post Apr 27, 2018 - 1:15 PM
+Quote Post
bryanf

Enthusiast
Joined Jul 26, '12
From Atlanta
Currently Offline

My '94 ST (AT200) has also been extremely reliable and I have been driving it for fifteen years.

--------------------
post May 2, 2018 - 8:09 AM
+Quote Post
celicalibre

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 11, '09
From Florida
Currently Offline

QUOTE (bryanf @ Apr 27, 2018 - 2:15 PM) *
My '94 ST (AT200) has also been extremely reliable and I have been driving it for fifteen years.

Has anyone of the high mile GC6 had to replace fuel pump - if so at what miles? One of the few components that can leave you stranded suddenly!

--------------------

I spent my money on wild women, partying, gambling,
expensive timepieces, and my 6GC - the rest of it I wasted!
post May 2, 2018 - 9:08 AM
+Quote Post
cheela

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 2, '07
From Berlin, WI
Currently Offline

just don't run it on empty all the time and you should be fine. when you let your tank get down there, it strains your fuel pump and makes it work harder.

--------------------

*1997 Celica ST - 3SGE Greytop BEAMS
*1977 Celica RA29 - Classic Cruiser
*2005 Matrix AWD - dedded but still hanging around like a ghost
2019 Rav4 XLE Premium - Sports mode is fun.
post May 2, 2018 - 4:52 PM
+Quote Post
jesse09

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 19, '09
From Texas
Currently Offline

They are reliable even when things are broken.

My auto tranny started messing up a long time ago, so i told myself when it gives out i can finally do a manual swap.

But it's been years now and it still gets me anywhere I need to go!
post May 2, 2018 - 5:55 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

QUOTE (cheela @ May 2, 2018 - 9:08 AM) *
just don't run it on empty all the time and you should be fine. when you let your tank get down there, it strains your fuel pump and makes it work harder.

Yup, that's any fuel injected car. Generally below 1/4 tank you want to avoid. FWIW my ST with over 190,000 was on the original pump and working fine, I know it was the original since I bothered changing the fuel pump sock when I did the fuel filter since it was easy to get to. If you had a spare fuel pump and a basic wrench set you could do the fuel pump anywhere it happened to fail, since it has an access panel underneath the rear seat.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post May 3, 2018 - 8:41 AM
+Quote Post
95chameleonGT

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 4, '17
From Hagerstown
Currently Offline

QUOTE (celicalibre @ May 2, 2018 - 9:09 AM) *
QUOTE (bryanf @ Apr 27, 2018 - 2:15 PM) *

Has anyone of the high mile GC6 had to replace fuel pump - if so at what miles? One of the few components that can leave you stranded suddenly!

Mine has about 350-400k if Im guessing correctly (I was a victim of odometer rolled back) and Im believe I'm still on the OEM fuel pump. The screws to access it are clean like they've never been touched

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 29th, 2024 - 7:57 AM