6G Celicas Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

400 Pages V  « < 358 359 360 361 362 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Teh Official "Dude Where's My Forum?" Thread, Brought to you by the minds of Box, and her fiancée, Lorelei
post May 20, 2020 - 10:45 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

I'm afraid to post and jinx it.

--------------------
post May 21, 2020 - 4:23 AM
+Quote Post
Lorelei6gc

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 7, '20
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

So my dad has an older 5 series BMW and a Prius. The BMW was a gift from a friend. Its a early 2000s 540i. It could use some love.

The Prius is an early second gen with a faulty battery pack (Shocking, right?) and my dad wanted me to fix it. If I agreed to fix it, I could move in and my issues with finding a warm, dry place to sleep would be over for some time.

So my dad bought the parts and said I was going to do all the work. Turns out he doesn't have the tools and decided to let me stay anyway. I told him he should sell it for whatever its worth once its fixed. Maybe I'll be getting that 6gc sooner than I thought.

Also, I moved out to Pittsburgh, Pa. I'd love to say hello to the locals when we can go back outside.
post May 21, 2020 - 8:49 AM
+Quote Post
bloodMoney

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 4, '06
From Chicagoland
Currently Offline

Update on Erin please!

--------------------
~bloodMoney
post May 21, 2020 - 9:10 AM
+Quote Post
cheela

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 2, '07
From Berlin, WI
Currently Offline

QUOTE (bloodMoney @ May 21, 2020 - 8:49 AM) *
Update on Erin please!

This!

--------------------

*1997 Celica ST - 3SGE Greytop BEAMS
*1977 Celica RA29 - Classic Cruiser
*2005 Matrix AWD - dedded but still hanging around like a ghost
2019 Rav4 XLE Premium - Sports mode is fun.
post May 21, 2020 - 7:52 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

Cleared to work on Tuesday. Typing on mobile sucks worse than a 7A automatic, will type more later once my laptop is fixed.

--------------------
post May 22, 2020 - 1:10 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

HUZZAH MY LAPTOP IS REPAIRED! My Mushkin 480GB SSD was throwing a smart error about something failing for a long time but the terabytes written was way too low for that to be the case. Well it wasn't, it was feeling laggy then wouldn't open a folder, then failed to reboot. Kept timing out on one file during boot. Well ****. I got a 500GB Samsung 860 Evo a week ago to replace it with when I felt it acting a little funny and was going to be doing that this weekend. Last night I did it a day early. I was able to copy the home folder off and save all my stuff then cloned the 480GB drive to the 500GB drive and luckily Linux and EXT4 are robust enough that it cloned cleanly and booted up fine! No more Mushkin SSD for me I guess, trying to warranty it when the SMART error first cropped up was a nightmare, they didn't want to then they wanted to send me a worse product then they wanted me to pay up front and refund me once they verified it was bad, then I told them to screw off. I also re-applied thermal compound to the CPU while I was in there, it's made a big difference. The 5 year old Arctic Silver was all dried up and splotchy, put on some Kryonaut paste and my temps are back down a little but overall the fan runs less and spins slower to maintain the same temps, side affect the battery feels like it's lasting a little better as well.

Erin is feeling much better, based on symptoms alone she had C19. She had two swab tests come back negative though which is odd but false negative swabs are somewhat common it seems, especially if the viral load is low or you're not moving it from the lungs to the sinuses through a lot of aspiration I guess. She's still getting an occasional tightness or pain in her chest and a moment of dizzy here and there but it's much improved. She's on some Prilosec for heart burn that got really bad, the doctor mentioned seeing that in some of her other patients that tested positive for C19. She's got an order in for an anti-body test in a couple weeks so we'll know then, probably?

This post has been edited by Bitter: May 22, 2020 - 1:22 PM

--------------------
post May 22, 2020 - 4:19 PM
+Quote Post
Lorelei6gc

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 7, '20
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Bitter @ May 22, 2020 - 12:10 PM) *
HUZZAH MY LAPTOP IS REPAIRED! My Mushkin 480GB SSD was throwing a smart error about something failing for a long time but the terabytes written was way too low for that to be the case. Well it wasn't, it was feeling laggy then wouldn't open a folder, then failed to reboot. Kept timing out on one file during boot. Well ****. I got a 500GB Samsung 860 Evo a week ago to replace it with when I felt it acting a little funny and was going to be doing that this weekend. Last night I did it a day early. I was able to copy the home folder off and save all my stuff then cloned the 480GB drive to the 500GB drive and luckily Linux and EXT4 are robust enough that it cloned cleanly and booted up fine! No more Mushkin SSD for me I guess, trying to warranty it when the SMART error first cropped up was a nightmare, they didn't want to then they wanted to send me a worse product then they wanted me to pay up front and refund me once they verified it was bad, then I told them to screw off. I also re-applied thermal compound to the CPU while I was in there, it's made a big difference. The 5 year old Arctic Silver was all dried up and splotchy, put on some Kryonaut paste and my temps are back down a little but overall the fan runs less and spins slower to maintain the same temps, side affect the battery feels like it's lasting a little better as well.

Erin is feeling much better, based on symptoms alone she had C19. She had two swab tests come back negative though which is odd but false negative swabs are somewhat common it seems, especially if the viral load is low or you're not moving it from the lungs to the sinuses through a lot of aspiration I guess. She's still getting an occasional tightness or pain in her chest and a moment of dizzy here and there but it's much improved. She's on some Prilosec for heart burn that got really bad, the doctor mentioned seeing that in some of her other patients that tested positive for C19. She's got an order in for an anti-body test in a couple weeks so we'll know then, probably?

Well, My fingers are crossed. Cure the Symptoms, cure the disease, they say.
post May 24, 2020 - 10:27 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Bitter @ Apr 21, 2020 - 8:10 AM) *
QUOTE (Box @ Apr 21, 2020 - 5:31 AM) *
QUOTE (Bitter @ Apr 20, 2020 - 7:48 PM) *
What's everyone else keeping occupied with?

Guys, lots of guys. I made the mistake of posting a picture of me posing with my synths on a music gear forum, oh well. laugh.gif

A 'mistake', suuuurrrreeeee.
*Marylin Monroe voice* Oh I just hope no one notices me
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Let's try this again: if anything I posted it as a test; if I didn't raise eyebrows then I knew my friends and family weren't lying to me, and that I should stop being so harsh about myself. At best I hoped for nothing negative, but I had overwhelmingly positive responses; so that was a huge confidence booster. Not that I should care how others view me, but it's nice to have that fear substantially lessened.

Anywho... I hope Erin will be ok. I had a few days I was afraid I caught it from my brother, but it passed thankfully.

This post has been edited by Box: May 24, 2020 - 10:28 PM

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post May 24, 2020 - 11:39 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

She's about 90% back to normal, still gets cold/clammy sometimes but she's back to being able to run a 5k whenever she wants to.

--------------------
post May 25, 2020 - 9:21 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Oh yeah... I've talked to others about it already; but after selling the Firebird I'm going to go for a Saab 9-2X Aero, because fancier WRX that's much easier to find stock(ish) in good shape for reasonable money. That or I spend a fortune on electrolysis and end up with another Celica, either way.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post May 25, 2020 - 10:50 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

Saw some bison at a state park.
https://youtu.be/AeiQHSBHopM

--------------------
post May 26, 2020 - 12:36 AM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Exciting!

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post May 26, 2020 - 8:17 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

Got some popped stitches on the Celica driver seat, I guess it's getting to be time to get that thing fixed. Suggestions? I don't know if I want to order a stock replacement leather cover and put it on myself (I think I can do that myself mostly) or if I want to pay a shop to do it for me and add a little extra lumbar support in there.

https://www.lseat.com/products/2000-2006-to...vers-front.html
Hmmm...I could get red stitching and a perforated panel. I think I need to talk with them and ask some questions, like are they made to order and how much to get suede side bolsters to help hold me in the seat better. I'll probably stick with black stitching, I feel like having a bunch of red lines in the seat next to me would be distracting.

I've only managed to drive this car about 300 miles so far this year! I need to get my rear in gear and get it cleaned up to drive more and enjoy more!

This post has been edited by Bitter: May 26, 2020 - 8:42 PM

--------------------
post May 27, 2020 - 12:08 AM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

If you have new hog rings, the hog ring pliers, and good snips it wouldn't be that bad to change the cover yourself.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post May 27, 2020 - 7:51 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

I do have all those things! I know the seat backs are not hard to do, zipper. The bottoms have rings I think.

I'm not thrilled with their customer service, they don't take phone orders and didn't really answer all my questions that I asked in email. Maybe they're just really busy but I wasn't asking anything weird.

--------------------
post May 28, 2020 - 2:31 AM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Could be because of Covid, if they otherwise have good reviews.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post May 28, 2020 - 7:54 AM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Box @ May 28, 2020 - 2:31 AM) *
Could be because of Covid, if they otherwise have good reviews.

I dug more into it, everyone says the same thing. HORRIBLE customer service with great products WHEN they get it correct which they do most of the time. Time frames for work completion range from 3-4 weeks to 3-6 months. It's already a little ****ed up, I said suede sides they replied suede centers but they're probably not wrong. Suede centers would make more sense and hold me better and that's what every other car does. I'm not going to do red stitching, it'll highlight if anything isn't perfectly stitched or straight. Also it's either really high quality bonded/blended leather or highly textured hide but it's definitely NOT coated leather so that'll be a nice change from the slick hard glossy seats I have now. It'll be $420 shipped for both sides front upper and lower. I'm a little on the fence but I think I should do it. I welcome opinions though!

--------------------
post May 28, 2020 - 10:55 AM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Online

The guys in the 100 series groups love lseats.com since our seats always rip. However, the Supra guys prefer Ridies seat covers which look better in my opinion, but I don’t know if they offer anything for the 7gc.

--------------------
"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others labored hard for." -Socrates. Even Socrates told us to use the search button!

2006 Aston Martin V8 Vantage.
1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2022 4Runner TRD Off Road Prenium.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post May 28, 2020 - 7:31 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

QUOTE (richee3 @ May 28, 2020 - 10:55 AM) *
The guys in the 100 series groups love lseats.com since our seats always rip. However, the Supra guys prefer Ridies seat covers which look better in my opinion, but I don’t know if they offer anything for the 7gc.

They do make them and they look good but damn the price is substantially higher, $625+shipping vs $420 shipped which is enough of a difference to sway me. My friend used to do upholstery and she can help me get them on and off if I need help. That $200 difference is enough to dissuade me from bothering with this so I'm going to roll the dice on lseat.

--------------------
post May 29, 2020 - 1:58 AM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Hopefully it works out for you!

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed

400 Pages V  « < 358 359 360 361 362 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 18th, 2024 - 9:19 PM