6G Celicas Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

15 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 14 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> '98 Celica GT: The Continuation...., Dun dun duuuunnnnnn.....
post Feb 15, 2020 - 11:18 AM
+Quote Post
Lorelei6gc

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 7, '20
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Yeah, I use to live out in Humble, TX for a while. Good times, nice weather.

Terrible drainage in the area though. My last car was flooded over in Montrose, but they "fixed" it (it was a 5k car) and it wasn't totalled or branded. $3200 in damage, but I opted to take 0 deductible over having the paint fixed.
post Feb 15, 2020 - 3:33 PM
+Quote Post
NgoFcukinWay

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 7, '06
From Houston, Tx
Currently Offline

They've updated the draining system the last couple of years, so places that used to flood hasn't flooded recently. It's gotten better, but some places still do flood.

We've had great boost weather the last couple of days, but sadly, I was working. :\

The goal for the car is to eventually to make it to MSR and COTA for some laps.

--------------------
-Alex {](O_o)[}

1993.5 Toyota Supra ....with stuff.... ....sorta broken....
1998 Toyota Celica ....this one, too, has stuff.... ....broken....yeah...definitely broken....
post Feb 15, 2020 - 4:33 PM
+Quote Post
Lorelei6gc

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 7, '20
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

QUOTE (NgoFcukinWay @ Feb 15, 2020 - 2:33 PM) *
They've updated the draining system the last couple of years, so places that used to flood hasn't flooded recently. It's gotten better, but some places still do flood.

We've had great boost weather the last couple of days, but sadly, I was working. :\

The goal for the car is to eventually to make it to MSR and COTA for some laps.

That sounds ultra fun. Good luck! I drove past COTA, place is beautiful.
post Mar 14, 2020 - 6:59 PM
+Quote Post
NgoFcukinWay

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 7, '06
From Houston, Tx
Currently Offline

So umm.. yeah. This was the state of the interior as I was finally installing the ECU back into its home.

Got the ECU in and it's lookin' pretty and also wrapped up the interior. Also swapped the spots for the boost gauge and wideband because the boost gauge's body was long enough to where I could use electrical tape to wrap it to fit snug whereas the wideband was too thin and needed the bracket to hold it in place and spot 1 on the pod had room to fit.

I just need to pick up a new radio once this project is finished.

Got what i hope is all of my heater hoses sorted out. I just need to go back with some worm clamps to hold down the hoses and we should be set. Also tossed on the strut brace for ****s and giggles, but to also have a spot to mount my FPR.

Next up will be finishing up the fuel system with new lines and probably the vacuum lines.

--------------------
-Alex {](O_o)[}

1998 Toyota Celica ....this one, too, has stuff.... ....broken....yeah...definitely broken....
post Mar 16, 2020 - 12:29 PM
+Quote Post
bloodMoney

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 4, '06
From Chicagoland
Currently Offline

PROGRESSSSSSS!!!!!

--------------------
~bloodMoney
post Mar 16, 2020 - 6:16 PM
+Quote Post
NgoFcukinWay

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 7, '06
From Houston, Tx
Currently Offline

QUOTE (bloodMoney @ Mar 16, 2020 - 12:29 PM) *
PROGRESSSSSSS!!!!!

THIS LOCKDOWN AIN'T GONNA BE KEEPING ME FROM MAKING MOAR PROGRESS!!!

....unless my friend says otherwise....

--------------------
-Alex {](O_o)[}

post Mar 17, 2020 - 7:51 AM
+Quote Post
bloodMoney

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 4, '06
From Chicagoland
Currently Offline

Bahaha

--------------------
~bloodMoney
post Apr 5, 2020 - 9:48 PM
+Quote Post
NgoFcukinWay

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 7, '06
From Houston, Tx
Currently Offline

so about that lockdown......

Buddy of mine is taking it seriously, so he's not at his shop for the time being and is staying home.

In the mean time, I'm still considered an "EsSEnTIal" worker, so I decided to order some parts for the Supra in the mean time and might fill in some time gap in this thread with that update. Parts should be here by the end of the week, if not early next week while I'm out of town for work. The wheels I ordered for the Celica are in a shipping container somewhere on a boat on its way to California....or so it has been for the last month according to Vivid Racing and should be here sometime "soon". At this rate, they'll probably be here by the time the wheels I ordered for the Supra will be here. :\

--------------------
-Alex {](O_o)[}

post Apr 18, 2020 - 9:07 PM
+Quote Post
NgoFcukinWay

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 7, '06
From Houston, Tx
Currently Offline

So i managed to get a day off from work and do some more work on the Celica yesterday. Yesterday's focus was fuel. Mainly, the fuel lines.

I picked up some -6AN teflon lines from good ol' eBay. Didn't take a whole hell lot of pictures during the whole thing since I had a small window to work and time is of the essence.

Got to work and pulled out ye olde OEM fuel lines and started to measure and cut the new lines. Stainless lines are feed and the nylon braided is fuel return.

Here, you can kinda see where everything is routed. I need to secure the flex fuel sensor down a little bit better since I only drilled and tapped a pre-existing hole right by the shock tower. I may need to drill another hole to tap for a more secure mount. I got the FPR location idea from the ST205 guys as there's not a whole lot of play room to mount that and it seems to work. I just need to find some rubber p-clips to mount it better, but in the mean time, the zip ties does the job. lol

I did manage to measure the feed line from the tank to the filter wrong though. It's about 8" too long, so I'll need to pull it back to trim it down a bit, but other than that, the fuel system is 95% done until then. Next on the list is.....power steering line and some other stuff..........I think.......I dunno....We'll get there when we get there.

In the mean time, got my Trump Change and ordered a few parts for the Supra that came in pretty quick.

Picked up the 2 front wheels for the Supra since the guy already had them on hand. The rears should be arriving some time next month. Did a quick test fit today before the rain started a-rumblin' in.

Super glad that they cleared the LS400 brakes that I have on the car cuz I was told stock TT brakes would need spacers to clear the wheels.

I'm still waiting on the wheels that I ordered for the Celica to come in though. Not sure what's taking them so long cuz at this rate, my Supra's rear wheels will be here before the Celica wheels come in. :\

And as for what's in the Recaro box:

They fit really nicely, but I had to do some trimming work on the driver's side cuz there is a support bar underneath the seat that was too wide and would cause the Bride sliders to bind and not be able to slide forward and back. The passenger side would hit the amp I have sitting under the factory seat, so I'm having to find an option for the amps to mount the seat, but I think I have an idea of what to do.

--------------------
-Alex {](O_o)[}

post May 26, 2020 - 10:18 AM
+Quote Post
TimeslideZ

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 9, '16
From Minnesota
Currently Offline

Hmmmm the gunmetal color looks really good on the Supra. One day I'll own one too (sniff sniff)...
And then an MR2 too to have the Toyota Trio. Oh wait, my Celica needs to be the GT4 lol.

I just noticed, how dark is your Supra's tint?!?!

This post has been edited by TimeslideZ: May 26, 2020 - 10:18 AM
post May 26, 2020 - 5:55 PM
+Quote Post
NgoFcukinWay

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 7, '06
From Houston, Tx
Currently Offline

If i remember correctly, it's 25% all around in 3M ceramic tint. I got lucky and bought the Supra before all of the hype that caused the prices on them to sky rocket.

quick update on the ****box, moved it over to my friend's house so that I can have easier access to it on the weekends.

wrapped up all of the vacuum lines, i think, and then got the dip stick bent and installed into the block. Put worm clamps on all of the hoses that needed them. Just gotta find out how i'm going to mount the MAP sensor and the boost control solenoid thingy.

Next up is to JB weld the little hole in the power steering hard line to see if it'll hold or at least be a temp fix, and then pick up an upper radiator hose to see if it'll fit after I cut it down cuz stupid ass 2nd gen has to have an intermediate hardpipe between the head and the radiator.

Steering rack/column got some play in it, so I need to get under to see what's up and tighten **** down. While i'm there, I might as well double-check to see if the motor fully turns cuz I don't remember if I did that while the motor was still on the stand.

We're getting pretty close to the finish line now....I think....

--------------------
-Alex {](O_o)[}

post Jul 7, 2020 - 12:50 PM
+Quote Post
NgoFcukinWay

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 7, '06
From Houston, Tx
Currently Offline

Motor turns but no spark. Gonna look into it some more this weekend.

--------------------
-Alex {](O_o)[}

post Jul 8, 2020 - 7:50 AM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

Dist pickup coil or ignitor, usually.

--------------------
post Jul 18, 2020 - 12:53 AM
+Quote Post
NgoFcukinWay

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 7, '06
From Houston, Tx
Currently Offline

checked dizzy with multimeter and it passes per BGB. Replaced coil because it failed per BGB and bought a new one.

Still no spark. Gonna check the ECU via laptop tomorrow.

If all else fails, I'm pushing this **** into Galveston.

--------------------
-Alex {](O_o)[}

post Jul 18, 2020 - 10:14 AM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

Did you make sure the new coil works/meets spec?

--------------------
post Jul 18, 2020 - 12:52 PM
+Quote Post
NgoFcukinWay

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 7, '06
From Houston, Tx
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Bitter @ Jul 18, 2020 - 10:14 AM) *

with a multimeter to check resistance?

--------------------
-Alex {](O_o)[}

post Jul 18, 2020 - 1:32 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

QUOTE (NgoFcukinWay @ Jul 18, 2020 - 12:52 PM) *
QUOTE (Bitter @ Jul 18, 2020 - 10:14 AM) *

with a multimeter to check resistance?

Yes, check it the same way you checked the old one. If it's from McParts store it could be bad out of the box.

--------------------
post Jul 18, 2020 - 4:08 PM
+Quote Post
NgoFcukinWay

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 7, '06
From Houston, Tx
Currently Offline

Its a Delphi unit I ordered from rock auto.

So i grabbed an in-line spark plug tester from ye olde harbor freight to test spark and when i plug it in to the wire from the ignition coil to the distrubutor, the light fires AFTER the car is done cranking and not while its cranking.

--------------------
-Alex {](O_o)[}

post Jul 22, 2020 - 6:52 AM
+Quote Post
bloodMoney

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 4, '06
From Chicagoland
Currently Offline

Is it something in the tune? You are on a Link right?

--------------------
~bloodMoney
post Jul 22, 2020 - 7:14 PM
+Quote Post
NgoFcukinWay

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 7, '06
From Houston, Tx
Currently Offline

Yeah. I'm on a Link.

I spoke to Aaron and Scott at ATS briefly in one of the MR2 groups and they said to check a couple of settings real quick and if necessary, Scott can do a remote session to double-check that everything is good to start. So i'm gonna tackle that on Friday on my day off.

--------------------
-Alex {](O_o)[}

15 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 14 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
6 User(s) are reading this topic (6 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 28th, 2024 - 6:58 PM