> changing clock color q's, green clock to red
post Jan 28, 2005 - 12:05 AM
+Quote Post
juBz86

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 18, '04
From NJ
Currently Offline

i know people talk about this all the time but i was just wondering if anybody changed the color of their clock from stock bright green to red. i kinda dont think its possible but if anybody has done it can you fill me in. (i read that some ppls stock color are white. lucky bums!)

o yea lost one of those rubber pieces that touch the circuit board so if anybody wants to give me one or send me a white clock (i'll pay 4 it) i would appreciate it! bowdown.gif

This post has been edited by juBz86: Jan 28, 2005 - 12:08 AM
5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
post Jan 28, 2005 - 12:16 AM
+Quote Post
shid

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 8, '04
From LA
Currently Offline

yeah. it's not possible. no one can ever do it! NEVER!!!!

smile.gif its not only possible, but its one of the more common mods. Neverstop and I both have done it to name 2, and a couple others.

flash makes it look like crap

user posted image
post Jan 28, 2005 - 12:17 AM
+Quote Post
juBz86

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 18, '04
From NJ
Currently Offline

how did you do it shid? what did you use?
post Jan 28, 2005 - 12:20 AM
+Quote Post
shid

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 8, '04
From LA
Currently Offline

Woops, I totally forgot to answer that part of the question.

I used folder tabs- the kind you find in file cabinets. The kind for binders I found were too pinkish and too transparent.

I've been looking into jacking some color gels from work tho, and getting a better color with less light depreciation Basically you just open up your clock (four very tiny screws) remove the green plastic piece, and replace it with a color gel of your choice. Remember tho, red is the underachiever of the visual spectrum.
post Jan 28, 2005 - 12:22 AM
+Quote Post
juBz86

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 18, '04
From NJ
Currently Offline

i dont have a green plastic piece its more like an amber color. it tones down the super bright green that the clock emits.
post Jan 28, 2005 - 12:24 AM
+Quote Post
shid

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 8, '04
From LA
Currently Offline

yeah, I guess mine was kind amber. Anyway. replace that.
post Jan 28, 2005 - 12:25 AM
+Quote Post
juBz86

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 18, '04
From NJ
Currently Offline

ok thanx i'll try that after school 2morrow
post Jan 28, 2005 - 2:40 AM
+Quote Post
Hanyo

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 16, '03
From Bay area
Currently Offline

if you remove the green plastic would the clock glow white?
post Jan 28, 2005 - 2:50 AM
+Quote Post
raz128

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 29, '03
From Gosport, Hampshire, UK
Currently Offline

bear in mind, the amber piece will probably break as it comes out. No biggy though, as it's a horrible-colour thing anyway. hehe.

I used the stage-lighting gel stuff for mine (blue), it's one of the easiest things to do.... a cheap and cheerful job biggrin.gif

--------------------
post Jan 28, 2005 - 6:26 AM
+Quote Post
SinisterWhisper

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 14, '04
Currently Offline

The only problem with this is not all the clocks have the same color my 95st's clock color is teal without the amber lense but a few people on here said that there's was white.
post Jan 28, 2005 - 7:39 AM
+Quote Post
Rjb23

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 8, '04
From KY
Currently Offline

Where do you get stage lighting gel from?
post Jan 28, 2005 - 11:49 AM
+Quote Post
juBz86

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 18, '04
From NJ
Currently Offline

hanyo- i'm not sure but i think i read amyjo's clock was white w/out the amber thing. but mine is bright green.

i'm gonna check micheals art supply store or like walmart or somewhere. i know ebay has some. ebay i'll post again later when i get home.
post Jan 28, 2005 - 10:36 PM
+Quote Post
juBz86

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 18, '04
From NJ
Currently Offline

ok i finally got it! i got a pack of hanging folder tabs from walmart. its a pack of 24 and i used one. who wants one? there are red blue and yellow. u could use them for the turn signals to change them from the green to watever.

anyway back to the subject. i only used one red tab. and i ended up using a glue gun to glue it down and left the amber lens out of it. anyway it looks decent for now. not the best but it looks good enough.
post Jan 29, 2005 - 3:57 AM
+Quote Post
shid

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 8, '04
From LA
Currently Offline

yeah I kept my amber lens out too. I ended up using two layers of the red tint however
post Jul 12, 2006 - 6:47 PM
+Quote Post
Griff

Enthusiast
Joined May 25, '06
From South Carolina
Currently Offline

do you need to upgrade the light to make it nice? or is that the stock light in your photo shid?

--------------------
IPB Image
post Jul 13, 2006 - 10:35 AM
+Quote Post
LeonStryfe

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 28, '06
From Brooklyn, New York
Currently Offline

QUOTE(Griff @ Jul 12, 2006 - 7:47 PM) [snapback]455303[/snapback]

do you need to upgrade the light to make it nice? or is that the stock light in your photo shid?

stock lights are good enough, just take a folder tab and place it there biggrin.gif should be good enough
post Jul 13, 2006 - 4:00 PM
+Quote Post
Zimluura

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 3, '05
From USA/Virginia
Currently Offline

i got my lighting gels from here
http://axemusic.com/prodType.asp?PT_ID=211...strPageHistory=

and an 1/8 inch piece of plexi glass from home-depot. broke the original amber lens out. cut off a small rectangle of plexiglass, then used a bastard file to make it fit perfect. wasn't held in by clips or anything, just sandwiched in there by the clock housing.

the plexi glass doesn't curve like the original amber lens. but the final product looks great.
post Jul 13, 2006 - 4:04 PM
+Quote Post
WALKER

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 29, '06
From Regina, SK, Canada
Currently Offline

So after reading this topic yesturday I went home and changed my clock color. However I was disappointed. After taking that amber lens off the clock color was still basically the same, the ugly green color. So then I inserted my blue folder tab and it really didn't do anything, my clock is still quite green looking.

Should I be using another layer of blue folder tab or do I need something better than a folder tab to get the blue color? Is it even possible to get the color to be blue since the bulb is basically green?

For all of you who have blue clocks, what did you do? Change bulb or just use a blue cover?

Zimluura - Did you just use those gels from the link you posted? Was your bulb white or green? Also what did you do with the light ring around the key, did you use a gel in there or did you actually change bulb to blue? Right now I have it white because I took the green cover off the bulb...hmm light bulb came on while typing, is there one of those covers on the bulb in the clock?

This post has been edited by WALKER: Jul 13, 2006 - 4:08 PM

--------------------
post Jul 13, 2006 - 4:42 PM
+Quote Post
XS4lv1Truch0x

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 9, '05
From Long Beach
Currently Offline

mix the colors! woohoo

put a green tab and a red tab to make white? am i right?

--------------------
Is this good enuff 4 ya? :D

IPB Image
post Jul 13, 2006 - 10:36 PM
+Quote Post
WALKER

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 29, '06
From Regina, SK, Canada
Currently Offline

I don't really think that would work. I guess I can try it. I don't really think there is any possible way to make white since it is the absence of color. Also in order to make blue it is impossible in my mind because it is a primary color...that is why I am confused as to how it was done.

I looked at my clock again and the clock display is the ugly green, don't see anyway to change that.

--------------------

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 28th, 2024 - 3:15 PM