> Help needed, highly frustrated 3SGTE GURU'S NEEDED
post Apr 24, 2014 - 12:56 AM
+Quote Post
onlyfreddie

Enthusiast

Joined Nov 12, '13
From detroit
Currently Offline

I wanted to see if I could maybe meet up with someone in the southeast area of Michigan that knows the 3sgte well. Ive gotta 2nd gen 3s jdm swapped 6th gen Celica I'm building on. I'm having intermittent knock sensor circuit problems which is causing the car to run great one day then horrible the next. If someone could Pm me or reply to this thread if your close or have an opinion on my situation please let me know. Im open to all suggestions right now.....Ill add more below.

I replaced the knock sensor wire with a new shielded wire. (I snipped the knk wire at the ecu (approx. 2in of original wire was left for tying into (unshielded) ) and tied my new wire into it, ran it to the knk snr itself tied into the original pigtail. It reduced the check engine frequency alot but if I beat on it, it will still come on for code 52 and pull timing. Reset ecu no light I go on my marry way. What really gets me is that some days it will run decent but i can still feel it pulling timing and it will hesitate heavy around 3700rpm till 5k then pull like a train after that. Then on other days I cant rev pass 3k in the driveway before the light comes on for knk snr circuit and its instant limp mode as if i disconnected the knk snr itself! I know the computer checks for it at 3k or so. My thing is why is this issue on & off......Could the ECU be the issue or my wiring because the knk snr works....

Here a pic of my ECU IF SOMEONE WANTS OR NEEDS MORE PICS LET ME KNOW!

post Apr 24, 2014 - 1:08 AM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

this may sound dumb, but have you tried to try a different ECU. sometimes those are the main source of problems. As Daniel.. aka Richee. I think you have done the correct thing by checking the wires....

--------------------
Learned a lot in 10 years... I hardly log in anymore, last login Today Sept 6 2019, and I was forced just to clarify a post. LOL

If you PM me and I dont respond, dont fret or cry. Im alive, better post your questions in the thread below, maybe I log back in

2grfe Swapped... Why I chose the 2GR, before you ask read here...

A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.

@llamaraxing in Instagram is the best way to find me. I hardly log here anymore.
post Apr 24, 2014 - 1:13 AM
+Quote Post
onlyfreddie

Enthusiast

Joined Nov 12, '13
From detroit
Currently Offline

QUOTE (njccmd2002 @ Apr 24, 2014 - 1:08 AM) *
this may sound dumb, but have you tried to try a different ECU. sometimes those are the main source of problems. As Daniel.. aka Richee. I think you have done the correct thing by checking the wires....

No one near me has a JDM ECU for me to try out. I don't have the money right now either to buy another just to try out....
post Apr 24, 2014 - 9:08 PM
+Quote Post
lagos

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 31, '02
From Philadelphia, PA
Currently Offline

This might explain whats going on...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-JBTwOvD9w

--------------------
15PSI - 30MPG - Megasquirt Tuned

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 28th, 2024 - 4:10 PM