post Jul 7, 2009 - 2:58 AM
+Quote Post
Rusty

Joined Nov 5, '07
From New Zealand
Currently Offline

lol still waiting on that pic mercuryfree

anyway its about time for the next stage

this time I'll be looking at a whiteline swaybar, adjustables coilovers, rims (still haven't found any I like, im I just picky?) oh and these.........

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
points about these: the rotor is almost the same size as my rims laugh.gif they're heavy (all up weigh 45KG) the calipers are HUGE. the calipers and rotors look in pretty good condition, just surfuce rust on the rotors.

UPDATE
Thinking of going away from these brakes now and improving the brakes I have now, so will be looking at slotted brake rotors, pads and stainless steeel brake lines, because it works out cheaper than doing all the work with the gt4 brakes (custom rotors and lines and modiflying them to fit etc)

This post has been edited by Rusty: Oct 12, 2009 - 3:29 PM

--------------------
post Jul 7, 2009 - 5:14 PM
+Quote Post
delusionz

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 11, '08
From Auckland, New Zealand
Currently Offline

Wow you really got round to getting those calipers pretty quick. $500 was it? Good ****in' buy, so you need new wheels I take it?

Man these brakes are amazing aye, the other night someone cut me off on a motorway onramp and I thought I was going to mount the front end of my car into the back of this ****ty boonger van but the GT4 went from 0 to 80kph and back to 0 in the wet in a blink of an eye. I think the 4wd helps too, but I did clutch+brake so not really. Definitely feel and hear the ABS working as the car goes clap clap shudder halt.

The SS-III would have had no chance in hell of saving itself

--------------------
Mike W
1996 Toyota Celica ST205 GT-FOUR
GT2860RS turbine, TiAL mvr44, JE 86.5φ piston, Clutchmasters FX400, APEX P-FC
269awhp / 273ft-lbs
post Jul 7, 2009 - 5:35 PM
+Quote Post
delusionz

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 11, '08
Currently Offline

Btw do you reckon the _ONLY_ difference about SS-II and SS-III is the superstrut suspension? I thought there was a hell of alot more than that, and SS-II was pretty much SS-I with 3S-GE?

Or in other words, an SS-III with coilovers is simply no better than a lowered SS-II?

Because I thought LSD & 2 pot brakes also pertained to SS-III, but you reckon you've got it too.

These are the pages where I got my information from...

Car Directory / Toyota / Celica / 1996 / Modification SS-III specs: http://www.cars-directory.net/specs/toyota...ca/1996_6/5742/
LSD (Limited slip differential) Present

Car Directory / Toyota / Celica / 1996 / Modification SS-II specs: http://www.cars-directory.net/specs/toyota...ca/1996_6/5740/
LSD (Limited slip differential) Not Present

Also the chassis codes, BLMVF vs BLMZF would seem to indicate more than just 1 feature.

4) Trim level. S=Sports, normal performance. G=Higher grade. V=Luxury sports. Z=High performance.

5) Engine code. Z=Twincam (high performance), EFI, Turbo. F=Twincam, EFI (high performance). K=Twincam, EFI (economy).

Just making a note of this stuff because you pretty much told another guy in another thread that it was ok to get the SS-II front clip in the case where he wanted LSD with it. And now I'm confused as to what the real information is?

--------------------
Mike W
269awhp / 273ft-lbs
post Jul 7, 2009 - 10:54 PM
+Quote Post
mmmchocolate

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 18, '08
From Idaho
Currently Offline

your car is hot and really nice. i would like to make my Celica like that someday. nothing to crazy or flashy either, but still stylish and unique! great great job! gotta love new zealand too! do you know the orthodontist business "Top Gums"?

--------------------
A work in (extremely slow) progress
post Jul 8, 2009 - 12:44 AM
+Quote Post
Rusty

Joined Nov 5, '07
From New Zealand
Currently Offline

QUOTE (delusionz)
Wow you really got round to getting those calipers pretty quick. $500 was it? Good ****in' buy, so you need new wheels I take it?

Man these brakes are amazing aye, the other night someone cut me off on a motorway onramp and I thought I was going to mount the front end of my car into the back of this ****ty boonger van but the GT4 went from 0 to 80kph and back to 0 in the wet in a blink of an eye. I think the 4wd helps too, but I did clutch+brake so not really. Definitely feel and hear the ABS working as the car goes clap clap shudder halt.

The SS-III would have had no chance in hell of saving itself

yeah was a good buy, yeah still looking at wheels. looking for lightweight 16" or 17" silver, maybe 6 spoke which dont

I'll double check my info for you (also some info was from another thread, which may not have been true) it's hard sometimes as the SS series celicas had 3 versions (early mid and late) and some rules apply to this and not that one. what I want to do is a thread deacated to the ST202 Celicas, so there (hopefully) wont be any confusion in the future.

--------------------
post Jul 8, 2009 - 12:49 AM
+Quote Post
Rusty

Joined Nov 5, '07
From New Zealand
Currently Offline

QUOTE (mmmchocolate)
your car is hot and really nice. i would like to make my Celica like that someday. nothing to crazy or flashy either, but still stylish and unique! great great job! gotta love new zealand too! do you know the orthodontist business "Top Gums"?

yeah thats what I like about this aero kit its not OTT (over the top) just smooth and clean, yeah NZ is great, should come over and see the sights? true gt4's here and there (right delusionz biggrin.gif)
umm haven't heard of those guys, whats your connection with them if anything??

--------------------
post Jul 8, 2009 - 2:19 AM
+Quote Post
RavenAegis45

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 25, '08
From CA
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Rusty @ Aug 25, 2008 - 11:19 PM) *
YES I Have all parts(for STAGE 1 lol) here are some pictures

Whats that?????

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

pictures missing SS-III Badge, Red FRONT SS-III Spiltters, SS-III Grille & TRD Cap

will post prices shorty

Dude Im sick Jealous of your Engine bay lol, nice work though she's amazing
post Jul 8, 2009 - 6:00 AM
+Quote Post
delusionz

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 11, '08
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Rusty @ Jul 8, 2009 - 5:49 PM) *
true gt4's here and there (right delusionz biggrin.gif)

the gt4 is just a beast, the ss-iii is still alot of fun, and it doesn't mind being driven tamely. gt4 is like a truck unless ur using the turbo, then it becomes a freakin' racing car, acceleration, braking & traction all equally impressive as the feeling of heaviness and sluggishness fades away after about 7psi onwards.

your setup is pretty mean though, i think once you put on those brakes you'll feel a little bit of that heaviness that i get.

This post has been edited by delusionz: Jul 8, 2009 - 6:09 AM

--------------------
Mike W
269awhp / 273ft-lbs
post Jul 9, 2009 - 1:02 AM
+Quote Post
Rusty

Joined Nov 5, '07
From New Zealand
Currently Offline

QUOTE (RavenAegis45)
Dude Im sick Jealous of your Engine bay lol, nice work though she's amazing

thats mate, took a bit of elbow grease to tidy up in there and some cash aswell, a bit of work and you can get there too:) , I'm still not happy with it though, i have to do something about that air intake, it looks so bad kindasad.gif

QUOTE (delusionz)
the gt4 is just a beast, the ss-iii is still alot of fun, and it doesn't mind being driven tamely. gt4 is like a truck unless ur using the turbo, then it becomes a freakin' racing car, acceleration, braking & traction all equally impressive as the feeling of heaviness and sluggishness fades away after about 7psi onwards.

your setup is pretty mean though, i think once you put on those brakes you'll feel a little bit of that heaviness that i get.

yea I beat driving a GT4 is fun, although sadly I've never driven one, I have had the privilege of a ride/flight training in Clints TRDGT4, which is just amazing, so when you talk about the power, (not just acceleration) I know what you mean wink.gif

yea with this suspension setup, i'm hoping it will handle MINT, and man those brakes are heavy and big if I hadn't said that already laugh.gif

--------------------
post Jul 9, 2009 - 1:24 AM
+Quote Post
delusionz

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 11, '08
Currently Offline

Suppose you'll have to have a drive of my ST205 -- Hit the boost, Throw it round a corner, stomp the brakes, etc. Then we can look at comparing ST202's tongue.gif Maybe you'll let me pilot your little beast wink.gif

--------------------
Mike W
269awhp / 273ft-lbs
post Jul 25, 2009 - 2:24 AM
+Quote Post
trdcelica94

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 29, '03
From socal
Currently Offline

where did you order all those. i want some=)
post Jul 25, 2009 - 2:39 AM
+Quote Post
Rusty

Joined Nov 5, '07
From New Zealand
Currently Offline

all parts (GTP & TRD) where from Toyota and TRD japan, also got free shipping to my front door. (which was a bonus) just talked to a few toyota people to see who had the best deal then just went from there.

managed to find rims 16"(NZD250) it'll allow me to do the brake swap

--------------------
post Jul 25, 2009 - 2:52 AM
+Quote Post
trdcelica94

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 29, '03
From socal
Currently Offline

your ride is comming along real nicely! just drop and rims will make it 10x nicer. also, how do i contact trd/toyota of japan? i want that front strut bar and lower blk grills so badly.
post Jul 25, 2009 - 3:37 AM
+Quote Post
Rusty

Joined Nov 5, '07
From New Zealand
Currently Offline

laugh.giflaugh.gif has been dropped its just got 15" kindasad.gif... but 16" soon biggrin.gif

I went through toyota NZ, for you check the 'for sale' board or 1sttoyotaparts.com I think you go to (if your in the US)

--------------------
post Jul 25, 2009 - 6:40 AM
+Quote Post
whatthe

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 13, '08
From Australia
Currently Offline

What rims rusty?

--------------------
post Jul 26, 2009 - 1:38 AM
+Quote Post
Rusty

Joined Nov 5, '07
From New Zealand
Currently Offline

laugh.gif laugh.gif

well umm these.....

tongue.gif

bought them for NZ$250 which is about US$160'ish 5mm on the front new ones (or very close to I think) on the rear

--------------------
post Jul 26, 2009 - 9:40 AM
+Quote Post
rj8807

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 18, '08
From Woodstock, Maryland
Currently Offline

sweettt. 7g wheels r the shiz.

car looks awsome! thumbsup.gif

--------------------
95 Celica ST (currently in Motorsport Purgatory)
post Jul 26, 2009 - 11:32 AM
+Quote Post
pipes

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 23, '08
From boston MA
Currently Offline

niice car man um i hope your prepared to buy spacers for you wheels
post Jul 27, 2009 - 5:15 PM
+Quote Post
BonzaiCelica

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 24, '08
From Orange County, CA
Currently Offline

nice build you got going here Rusty. Umm by chance would you every let me have your ss-II front and rear brake set up in the future???

if your getting those 7th gen wheels. paint them a bronze or goldish color like manphibian had on his celica, they look really awesome that way.

--------------------
For Sale Items:
post Jul 28, 2009 - 1:03 AM
+Quote Post
Rusty

Joined Nov 5, '07
From New Zealand
Currently Offline

nice build you got going here Rusty. Umm by chance would you every let me have your ss-II front and rear brake set up in the future???

im still thinking about this brake swap, I bought those brakes because they were reallly cheap, since I've looked at other people selling theirs (about USD$550+) so ive got them now anyway, uummm I might hold onto those brakes, if you really want some I can ask around wreakers etc

yeah theres a powdercoater place near me (you do powercoat them right?) might look into it.

anyway the specs of the rims are 16x7.5" 5stud, I even get some toyota wheel nuts biggrin.gif
(I heard some 7GC rims where 16x6.5" or something)

those rims should be here in a couple of days, give her a tidy up, hope for some good weather so I can get some shots for the calander. (ill be kind and shear a few with you wink.gif)

thanks for the interest and comments everyone

--------------------

30 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 29th, 2024 - 1:18 AM