6G Celicas Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> SirCalebWhite's 1994 Toyota Celica GT, Y'all ready for this!
post Jun 18, 2015 - 12:01 AM
+Quote Post
sircalebwhite

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 12, '15
From Cambridge, Minnesota
Currently Offline

So after 6 long months of being on the forums here I have finally decided to start a Project thread. A little background first. My name is Caleb and I am 18 years old. I am going to school to be an automotive technician. I love cars and especially imports and have been in love with them since I was a little kid. I honestly didn't really know much about the 6th gen Celica because I never saw them around where I live but really only ever see 7th gens. Anyways my first car was a very ugly and beat up 1992 Pontiac Grand Prix SE I bought from my dad for $250 after a super clean Eclipse I had a deal on didn't go through. I learned a lot through that car and it was reliable until May 2014 when I blew a brake hose and the car randomly started running awful. While working on it I noticed that the Trailing arm mount was rotted out completely leaving the trailing arm just hanging. I then decided the car wasn't worth putting more money into and scrapped it. In July 2014 I saw on craigslist a 1994 Toyota Celica GT for $1100 and it looked amazing. ODO read 139k, hardly any rust on the car, sunroof, leather seats, wired for subs, and hatchback! Owner said the water pump was leaking and the sway bar links were bad. I figured due to the mileage and overall condition of the car I would go and check it out. On the test drive I noticed that the front rotors were bad and that the muffler wasn't connected (actually sounded pretty nice). Under the hood I saw the coolant dripping from the Lower rad hose and gave it a squeeze and more coolant came out. Water pump wasn't leaking! I talked the guy down to $800 and he took it! It felt like a steal of a deal seeing that there was a new distributor, spark plugs, tires all around, and new tabs not even put on! smile.gif

Fast forward almost a year later to as I'm writing this. After seeing everyone else's cars and how amazing these things look I now decide it's time to start spoiling my celi!

I have many plans for this car but they will take some time. Plans are:
1. Body restoration
2. Interior redecoration
3. Stuck on either building the 5S or swapping in a 3S and manual trans swap
4. JDM Tails
5. TRD wing or JDM Risers
6. Pre-face lip or facelift bumper with lip
7. OEM Skirts
8. Rear lip
9. Rims
10. LOW

Again these will all take some time. I do have to make some fixes to the few problems she has before mods come in but that won't take much time! As of 6/17/2015 she has an oil pan leak, timing case leak, fuel tank leak, flex-pipe leak, and worn rear struts. She sits really pretty and turns a lot of heads as it's really rare and uncommon in my area.

Here's some pics of how she looks!

uncle trying to be sexy with the car laugh.gif
post Jun 18, 2015 - 12:55 AM
+Quote Post
antoine64

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 9, '14
From Juneau, Alaska
Currently Offline

it looks really nice for what you paid for it! I'd love to get a good deal like that. I paid 3800 for my 94 Celica GT. The only difference being that mine has a 3SGTE Swap. Looking forward to seeing what you do with it. They can be rare vehicles. I think there are 4 of them (including mine ) in Juneau, AK where I live.
post Jun 18, 2015 - 1:12 AM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

It's a liftback! That is all. tongue.gif

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Jun 18, 2015 - 1:51 AM
+Quote Post
sircalebwhite

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 12, '15
Currently Offline

I'm super excited to get going on making this car look perfect!! My summer will be dedicated to body work and maintenance while I save up for some parts I will gather over this fall and winter and hopefully next summer it will be close to completed!
post Jun 21, 2015 - 11:55 PM
+Quote Post
sircalebwhite

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 12, '15
Currently Offline

Finally setting up the body work! Getting the rust cut out and patched as well as a paint job as soon as my beater is road worthy!! Also looking at trying to get some 7th gen rims soon! and then the surgery begins. I'm really leaning towards 5SGTE!
post Jun 30, 2017 - 10:37 PM
+Quote Post
sircalebwhite

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 12, '15
Currently Offline

Well it's been a good few years so I figured i'd update this real quick. Sold this car in late 15 and was keeping up on a few other cars I had until I enlisted in the Marine Corps and went to boot camp last summer. While I'm still in SoCal awaiting orders to my next duty station I'm trying to get my hands on another 6gc! Only thing holding me from moving on a few I have my eyes on is I don't know if I'll be stuck in Cali or if I get moved to the east coast or to Okinawa or wherever. But regardless I'm getting another Celica and I can't wait to drive one again! I'm being a little picky on my search though. 5 speed for sure, GT liftback, black or white. I'll settle for a different color but has to follow everything else!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 28th, 2024 - 5:23 AM