> HighOSilver 2.0
post Dec 5, 2017 - 7:56 PM
+Quote Post
ClevelandGaint

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 12, '13
From Cleveland
Currently Offline

Finally its time to make the almighty build thread for HighOSilver. This car has been apart of the community since 2005. The original owners profile http://www.6gc.net/celicas/1994-gt-hatchback-4796. It was passed around from 2011-2017. During that time, alot of hands have been in the pot as some would say. Then my very good friend Rob, aka Sandusky1977 rescued it earlier this year. Funny story behind him purchasing the vehicle was that we were both gunning for this car at the same time, except he got there a day earlier than I could of. After he told me he purchased it, I wasn't as mad. Since we both were saying to each other that we had a awesome buy on the way but never said what it was until the purchase was made. But we had an agreement that if he was to sell it I would have first dibs on it. As we all know, he then purchased a built 2nd gen 3sgte and HighO was going to be mine. Enough the cheesy intro on how I got the car, now onto what it has:

Peformance
Gen 3 3S-GTE
E153 Transmission
Precision FMIC
Greddy Type S BOV
3" XS Power Downpipe
Custom made Exhuast
Borla ProXS #40359 3" Stainless Steel muffler

Suspension
Techniques Lowering Springs

Exterior
JDM Tails
Euro Spec Post face front bumper (soon to be install)
Sideskirts
Toms Lip (soon to be installed)

Interior
Alpine CDA-7995 Head Unit (getting replaced with a pioneer 4400bh)
MB Quart Component Set (getting replaced with infinity kappas)
Alpine MRV-450 Amp
Kicker 12" Solobaric in Custom Box Built in trunk area
Autometer Boost Gauge (soon to be upgraded)
Autometer A/F Gauge soon to be upgraded)

First day home from the drive from Michigan

post Dec 5, 2017 - 7:59 PM
+Quote Post
ClevelandGaint

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 12, '13
From Cleveland
Currently Offline

Gathering parts for HighO, great condition driver fender

And to replace the crappy pre face front bumper to a Euro Spec front post face bumper, Along with items to have functional headlight washers

post Dec 5, 2017 - 8:28 PM
+Quote Post
ClevelandGaint

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 12, '13
From Cleveland
Currently Offline

After owning the car for the last couple months, I been at work redoing the wiring nightmare that was left. Installed another 3rd 3sgte harness, made the car feel like its on another level of greatness. The last harness was spliced into sooo many times that it was spazz out. So after installing the harness it was time to tackle the wiring nightmare that was left inside the car. Pulled out about a mile of extra unnecessary wires from things that were installed. LED strip lights were every where, all ripped out and disconnected. There was a aftermarket car alarm that was installed but didnt work, so that was ripped out. And a new one was installed. Next on the agenda was figuring out why the gauge cluster was blinking. Improper connections from a failed attempt to make convert the back lights to blue. Rewired it and connected everything right, no more issues.

NEXT item that will be purchased is a new clutch from southbend, since the current clutch is on its last leg and slips when it hits over 8lbs of boost.

Improved 3rd Gen 3sgte Harness that was installed, no more issues

post Dec 5, 2017 - 8:34 PM
+Quote Post
ClevelandGaint

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 12, '13
From Cleveland
Currently Offline

This is how the bay looked Before I did think to it, once im complete I will add the new updated photo. New piping is a must

post Dec 5, 2017 - 8:36 PM
+Quote Post
BonzaiCelica

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 24, '08
From Orange County, CA
Currently Offline

meh if it was up too me id get the Tanabe GF210 springs. i wish i would of got them over my current df210 springs.

tein rear kg rates are the same as stock springs... the fronts are super hard.

--------------------
For Sale Items:
post Dec 5, 2017 - 8:40 PM
+Quote Post
ClevelandGaint

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 12, '13
From Cleveland
Currently Offline

I have brand new set of d2 coilovers that will be installed in the beginning of the year, this car is getting completely made redone. Honestly not a fan of the current suspension setup. Im trying to build up the back story of the car then all the new content will be added. This is definitely a work in progress to bring it back from the grave.

QUOTE (BonzaiCelica @ Dec 5, 2017 - 8:36 PM) *
meh if it was up too me id get the Tanabe GF210 springs. i wish i would of got them over my current df210 springs.

tein rear kg rates are the same as stock springs... the fronts are super hard.

post Dec 5, 2017 - 9:29 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Wooo new thread! I think there's still some old stock Tein Super Street or Street Advance out there for the 6th gen, really about it aside from the Taiwanese parts bin stuff. I wish there was actual aftermarket support for the Celica, but it seems for whatever reason Toyota in general is lacking support unless it's the MKIV Supra/SC300.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Dec 6, 2017 - 7:53 AM
+Quote Post
ClevelandGaint

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 12, '13
From Cleveland
Currently Offline

The aftermarket support is decent, but then you have the new age enthusiasts that think everything is "rice". The current suspension on the car, I couldn't tell you hold it is, it's just what was on the car when I got it. But I do have a laundry list of parts that need to be installed at some point

QUOTE (Box @ Dec 5, 2017 - 9:29 PM) *
Wooo new thread! I think there's still some old stock Tein Super Street or Street Advance out there for the 6th gen, really about it aside from the Taiwanese parts bin stuff. I wish there was actual aftermarket support for the Celica, but it seems for whatever reason Toyota in general is lacking support unless it's the MKIV Supra/SC300.

post Dec 6, 2017 - 6:45 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

60's and 70's domestic land yachts have better aftermarket suspension support. The support for the Celica at one time was ok, but it straight up sucks now. As far as new coil-overs go it's all from the Taiwan parts bin, though Tein and Tanabe still make springs for now. Only problem with springs is no one makes a performance oriented shock to pair with it. I don't think anyone even makes sway bars for it anymore. Sure you have the support for the 3S-GTE since the engine is popular, but really that's it. I just wish the suspension support was still there, that's all, but I guess that'd require the car being popular.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Dec 6, 2017 - 11:03 PM
+Quote Post
1994Celica

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 5, '09
From West Texas, USA
Currently Offline

Nice, can't wait to see what you do with this car.

--------------------
JDM Part King

post Dec 7, 2017 - 10:36 AM
+Quote Post
ClevelandGaint

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 12, '13
From Cleveland
Currently Offline

It's a process for sure, I need to make it as clean as my vert is

QUOTE (1994Celica @ Dec 6, 2017 - 11:03 PM) *
Nice, can't wait to see what you do with this car.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 28th, 2024 - 6:37 PM