6G Celicas Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

20 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> rentaspace's progression :), How My Celica Came to Be :)
post Jun 7, 2013 - 3:07 AM
+Quote Post
Timmyface

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 17, '10
From Maitland, NSW
Currently Offline

^ that's the type I was looking at.
And still, mods or not, photos would be sweet!
Keep us posted about that cruise/I might join that forum.

And yep, I hate 4wd and busses. Busses just merge out when they want and you have to go around.
But I have the type of smart-arse attitude where I give them a chance to get over, if they miss that window I tail the person in front so they can't get in. Having a somewhat loud exhaust and manual is good to rev it past them tongue.gif

--------------------
post Jun 7, 2013 - 3:10 AM
+Quote Post
rentaspace

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 23, '12
From Australia
Currently Offline

QUOTE (JoshuaM @ Jun 7, 2013 - 3:04 AM) *
QUOTE (Timmyface @ Jun 7, 2013 - 3:57 AM) *
Drive north, get Joshua to drive south. Meet me in the middle for an awesome photo shoot.
But seriously. Haha

I've considered getting a dash can too. To record these idiot drivers. But pretty much any accident involving a rear end, the driver that hits the back of the other will 99% be at fault regardless of brake lights etc kindasad.gif

Haha, you've had a head start with this modding thing... we need a bit of time to catch up first tongue.gif

And the Brisbane Celica Club is planning a 2 day NSW cruise later this year.... tongue.gif

And I bought a dash cam recently too... I also have one that I am going to wire permanently to the battery and it has motion detection recording so it records anybody doing anything suspicious when your car is parked tongue.gif

Mine has that, I turned it off when it started recording all night because it wasted my battery....

Also once the motion detector comes on, it doesnt turn the cam off, so unless you come back to the car in the time it takes to fill the card it will just overwrite it again...

--------------------

------------------------------| White '94 Celica | Bought 11/05/12 | Sold 12/05/15 |------------------------------
------------------------------| White '02 N-Edition Caldina | Weekend Car |------------------------------
post Jun 7, 2013 - 2:40 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

All of a sudden I'm somewhat more thankful for the United State's complete lack of public transit. tongue.gif

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Jun 8, 2013 - 1:17 AM
+Quote Post
Euphoria

Enthusiast
Joined May 6, '08
From Lisarow, NSW, Australia
Currently Offline

Nice clean car man! I miss my celica...I don't miss the problems though lol.
post Jun 8, 2013 - 3:49 AM
+Quote Post
rentaspace

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 23, '12
From Australia
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Euphoria @ Jun 8, 2013 - 2:17 AM) *
Nice clean car man! I miss my celica...I don't miss the problems though lol.

Thanks Man smile.gif

UPDATE:
Splitters were painted and put into heat room this morning; They were put on this arvo and we attended the meet biggrin.gif

Will post photos soon smile.gif

--------------------

------------------------------| White '94 Celica | Bought 11/05/12 | Sold 12/05/15 |------------------------------
------------------------------| White '02 N-Edition Caldina | Weekend Car |------------------------------
post Jun 8, 2013 - 10:22 AM
+Quote Post
Smaay

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 8, '03
From Lancaster CA
Currently Offline

QUOTE (ILoveMySilly97 @ May 14, 2013 - 7:43 PM) *
Man......and I thought us Cali people had it bad.

i was thinking the same thing

--------------------
2001 Celica GT-S Turbo
1997 Supra TT 6speed
1997 Celica 3MZ/1MZ swap
1990 Celica All-Trac
post Jun 11, 2013 - 7:25 AM
+Quote Post
rentaspace

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 23, '12
From Australia
Currently Offline

UPDATE:
So I have now got the splitters painted and installed:
Before:

After:

--------------------

post Jun 11, 2013 - 1:42 PM
+Quote Post
zoocsijr

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 26, '12
From Hungary
Currently Offline

Really nice! Looks good! I was thinking about TRD rear splitters too, but ended up on SS-III but I should think about it once again.... biggrin.gif

--------------------
post Jun 11, 2013 - 5:38 PM
+Quote Post
rentaspace

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 23, '12
From Australia
Currently Offline

QUOTE (zoocsijr @ Jun 11, 2013 - 2:42 PM) *
Really nice! Looks good! I was thinking about TRD rear splitters too, but ended up on SS-III but I should think about it once again.... biggrin.gif

Yeah, I prefer the TRD over the SSIII for the rear for my setup, the TRD flow a lot better smile.gif

I am thinking SSIII for the front smile.gif

--------------------

post Jun 11, 2013 - 6:56 PM
+Quote Post
CelicaZR

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 25, '05
From Sydney, Australia
Currently Offline

looks good smile.gif lose the ford plate surround though..

--------------------

98 ST204 ZR - Black Beauty - Roaming the streets of Sydney
73 TA22 LT - Tiffany Blue - Mint Classic Weekend Cruiser
75 TA22 LT - Snow White - Mint Classic Weekend Cruiser
77 RA28 LT - Flubber Green - Mint Classic Weekend Cruiser
94 MX-5 NA8 Clubman - Red Racer - Looking for corners
WIP Project: 69 RT40 Corona, 2nd WIP Project: 66 RT40 1600s Corona
86 Corona RT142 - Daily Driver

6GC 4 Life Baby!!!
post Jun 11, 2013 - 6:57 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Have both and swap rotate them monthly. tongue.gif

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Jun 13, 2013 - 8:19 AM
+Quote Post
rentaspace

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 23, '12
From Australia
Currently Offline

QUOTE (CelicaZR @ Jun 11, 2013 - 7:56 PM) *
looks good smile.gif lose the ford plate surround though..

I am going to black it out pretty soon tongue.gif

When I can find a good quality surround that fits the Australian Number plates that I want, I will upgrade to them tongue.gif

Might contact toyota about it tongue.gif

--------------------

post Jun 27, 2013 - 11:24 PM
+Quote Post
rentaspace

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 23, '12
From Australia
Currently Offline

Found this photo from the TOC annual meet early this month:

--------------------

post Jun 29, 2013 - 8:52 AM
+Quote Post
rentaspace

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 23, '12
From Australia
Currently Offline

Just some photos as I was driving home tonight:

And At home:

--------------------

post Jun 29, 2013 - 5:10 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

*removes all the TRD badges* See, much better. tongue.gif

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Jul 13, 2013 - 3:46 AM
+Quote Post
rentaspace

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 23, '12
From Australia
Currently Offline

So, The big update is finally here biggrin.gif
A few week ago I found a set of Projector Headlights on eBay and promptly purchased them. After a week, they were at my door... biggrin.gif
I opened the box, and as usual, one tab was broken and another was split kindasad.gif

So I got a bottle of Loctite 406 from my Girlfriends father and repaired those tabs. I also added a washer behind the completely cracked tab for extra strength =]

Now came the adapter problem... The stock wiring in the car doesn't fit the H1 socket on the projectors, and the ADM park lights don't fit in the accent lights either... So an adapter was needed to be made... I got onto eBay and found some extension cables for the stock ADM wiring, and luckily the eBayer gave me the H1 side and the Accent adapters, so all I needed was the Male side for the low beams biggrin.gif

And so, this morning I headed over to my Mates house where most of the Car work is done. Here is the 'Before' shot:

Following the 6GC bumper removal guide, hte bumper was off in less than 40mins biggrin.gif

After some further troubles of trying to get a 10mm spanner that would fit inbetween the bar and the light, we finally got the High Beams replaced. They are a direct replacement and so no wiring mod was required biggrin.gif

Once the low beams were out of the car, it was time for the wiring harness to be made. The eBay extension cable was cut, and the male half was soldered and headshrinked onto the H1 adapter. In 10mins, both sides were made and the adapters were installed and 10mins later, the Low beams were in place. The Accent lights were just soldered directly onto the ADM park light harness:

Testing followed:

After the test was successful, the car was rebuilt and photos were taken. These will be in a second post below smile.gif

This post has been edited by rentaspace: Jul 13, 2013 - 3:50 AM

--------------------

post Jul 13, 2013 - 3:49 AM
+Quote Post
rentaspace

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 23, '12
From Australia
Currently Offline

And the photo update, I DID wash the car (finally):

Will be getting some high-res photos soon biggrin.gif

--------------------

post Jul 13, 2013 - 4:02 AM
+Quote Post
JoshuaM

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 6, '12
From Brisbane, Australia
Currently Offline

Yay, yay, yay..... Wait..... You mixed blue and yellow lights -.- Are you planning to change you low beams to the same colour temp you had on there before?

--------------------

SOLD :( 1997 ST204 Celica ZR -----> See it here on 6GC!
2013 October Celica of the Month XD
Now: '00 NB8B Mazda MX5 -----> See it here in off topic!
post Jul 13, 2013 - 4:09 AM
+Quote Post
rentaspace

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 23, '12
From Australia
Currently Offline

QUOTE (JoshuaM @ Jul 13, 2013 - 4:02 AM) *
Yay, yay, yay..... Wait..... You mixed blue and yellow lights -.- Are you planning to change you low beams to the same colour temp you had on there before?

The 'Blue' is actually white... The time of day changed that...
And ATM I am not sure, I can get the H1 'Xenon' White Lights for $15, but I don't know if I will...
It will look better I guess kindasad.gif

--------------------

post Jul 13, 2013 - 6:25 AM
+Quote Post
Timmyface

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 17, '10
From Maitland, NSW
Currently Offline

Starting to look pretty schmick here man. I say just bite it and buy yourself some HID's now you have the appropriate headlights!

--------------------

20 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 28th, 2024 - 4:42 AM