> Questions about OEM mudguard install
post Mar 4, 2011 - 7:45 PM
+Quote Post
HectortheRican

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 26, '09
From Albuquerque, NM
Currently Offline

Question 1.) I know I can just use nuts and bolts, but out of the factory, didn't Toyota have them installed with those push-in clips? Would I be able to go to a dealer and order some?

Question 2.) For the rear mudguards, my car is a bit odd... The rear right side has all three necessary holes but the left rear side doesn't, it's missing the top-most hole. I guess I'll have to drill a hole... right? Does any one else's Celica have that problem?

--------------------
taking too long to mod since '09
June '12 COTM
'95 AT200
post Mar 4, 2011 - 7:50 PM
+Quote Post
samir0189

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 8, '08
From Orlando, Florida
Currently Offline

There are some plastic guards there from factory and the mudflaps use the exact same holes, and the screws can be re-used as well.

For the second, perhaps your car may have been in an accident and the repair facility did not drill the hole back?

This post has been edited by samir0189: Mar 4, 2011 - 7:50 PM

--------------------
My F/S Thread!

(14:19:21) Daniel: That was a JDM hole in the side of the box too. There was so much JDM trapped inside that box that they couldn't contain it, so they had to put a JDM hole in the box to let the JDM out.

Ferdi says (11:29)
No, it looks like a hooker put her acid vag on your hood. Acid vag = bigger problem than a few dings.
post Mar 4, 2011 - 7:53 PM
+Quote Post
HectortheRican

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 26, '09
From Albuquerque, NM
Currently Offline

Maybe, but the carfax said no accidents when I bought it. Could've been under the radar... that's frustrating.

And I don't have the plastic guards anymore. When I got in my front-end fender bender, I couldn't get those damn clips so I had to bend/break them into oblivion since I needed the wheel well gaurds off. So I has no clips.

This post has been edited by HectortheRican: Mar 4, 2011 - 7:53 PM

--------------------
taking too long to mod since '09
June '12 COTM
'95 AT200

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 28th, 2024 - 4:13 PM