> Doors & windows rattle, very annoying rattles when the windows are open
post Jul 4, 2014 - 11:31 AM
+Quote Post
r3ck0n1ng

Enthusiast

Joined Mar 16, '14
From Malta
Currently Offline

So, I've looked around in the stickies to get the door cards off, I found the post, but I really can't understand how to tackle the power windows module, I'm afraid im going to break it as I can't seem to push it upwards and lift it from the back. Does anyone here have working links or a video explaining how this is done?

I mainly want to disassemble both of my door cards to try to understand what is causing an annoying rattle when my windows are open. I can't have the radio on and listen to some music without the whole damn doors and windows rattling like its crazy!! even my cheap POS hyundai doesn't rattle that much! Is there some window track bushings i have to replace or tighten? I also wish to tighten the door cards a bit when I put everything together as I have a ton of play on the pillar side of the door card.

Has anyone got any suggestions for:

1) Removing the door cards (without breaking anything)
2) Tightening or replacing window tracts/fasteners to prevent rattles
3) tightening door cards near the B pillar?

Thanks for your help guys smile.gif
post Jul 5, 2014 - 11:18 AM
+Quote Post
Nihil

Enthusiast
Joined Jul 17, '12
From Slovenia
Currently Offline

I also have a rattle, but as it turns out, it's not the door cards but the speakers. Original speakers that are so worn out the membrane is rattling.

You can remove the door cards without removing the power windows module. And when the cards are removed, it's easy to push it out.

Advice for removal: pay attention to the bolts. The two bolts that are covered with plastic have a bit different head than the other ones at the bottom of the panel. Same bolts, but slightly different heads.

--------------------

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 29th, 2024 - 12:49 AM