n
post Dec 31, 2013 - 5:35 PM
+Quote Post
blockustomz

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 18, '13
From FL
Currently Offline

Well been working on the car alot lately just haven't updated this thread..

Put in some syncro mesh for the 5 speed.. smooth now..

Also started the bodywork.. this is in day 3. middle of the day..

Dent pulled and filled.. was a bitch of a dent but the slide hammer got it. aswell as pissed off the neighbors..lol

same dent-skie

Wing off.. Holes filled.. There was some dents from taking off the wing.. Toyota spot welds the bolts and has double sided tape holdin them bitches down.. a little excessive if you ask me. lol

OK on the driver side you guys might remember some rust... rust b-gone.. shaaaazammm..

also there was a dent there.. right on the seam of the wheel arch to the left of the gas tank. (seen in 1st page pics) . pulled and filled.. ****ty shot the primer makes it look like **** with the camera but its str8!!..

started to work on this mofo.. this was rusted and crushed pretty hard!.. took the fender off and hammered it out the best i chould. also slide hammer went to work.. already filled this at the end of the day...

both drivers and passengers had its dings.. passenger had a bunch.. all filled.

next thing to work on is the front end.. sand this **** off!!...

This was mid-day shots.. went over pretty much all of this with finner gritt after pictures taken.. everything is now sanded down except for the hood, front bumper.. Still gotta work on the drivers side fender in the front.. about 80% done..

=D

--------------------
@floordauto
post Dec 31, 2013 - 5:39 PM
+Quote Post
blockustomz

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 18, '13
From FL
Currently Offline

almost forgot.. took off the fadded blue tint.. front windows was easy.. rear windows had to use razor blade..

--------------------
@floordauto
post Dec 31, 2013 - 7:20 PM
+Quote Post
1994Celica

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 5, '09
From West Texas, USA
Currently Offline

If you're going to plastidip then I have some tips for you.

1. Clean your car very well and make sure it's dry.
2. Try not to tape a lot.

If you do both of these then you reduce the chances of your dip bubbling. If done right the dip should look good. I did it and its a cheap way of making your car look better.

--------------------
JDM Part King

post Dec 31, 2013 - 8:46 PM
+Quote Post
blockustomz

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 18, '13
From FL
Currently Offline

QUOTE (1994Celica @ Dec 31, 2013 - 8:20 PM) *

If you do both of these then you reduce the chances of your dip bubbling. If done right the dip should look good. I did it and its a cheap way of making your car look better.

Ok.. Thanks, love your car aswell.. Did you use the dyc sprayer?

--------------------
@floordauto
post Dec 31, 2013 - 8:58 PM
+Quote Post
1994Celica

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 5, '09
From West Texas, USA
Currently Offline

QUOTE (blockustomz @ Dec 31, 2013 - 9:46 PM) *
QUOTE (1994Celica @ Dec 31, 2013 - 8:20 PM) *

Ok.. Thanks, love your car aswell.. Did you use the dyc sprayer?

I used this one.

https://www.dipyourcar.com/Professional-Spraygun.html

--------------------
JDM Part King

post Jan 14, 2014 - 2:08 PM
+Quote Post
blockustomz

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 18, '13
From FL
Currently Offline

5 Days of body work later. I ended up getting the side markers shaved as well. But I Need to pick up more paint for the lip kit.
More pictures when finished..

This post has been edited by blockustomz: Jan 14, 2014 - 2:09 PM

--------------------
@floordauto
post Jan 14, 2014 - 4:04 PM
+Quote Post
cheela

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 2, '07
From Berlin, WI
Currently Offline

damn these plastidipped cars come out great!

more close up pics! biggrin.gif

it's gonna look good once you get everything else on too. keep it up.

--------------------

*1997 Celica ST - 3SGE Greytop BEAMS
*1977 Celica RA29 - Classic Cruiser
*2005 Matrix AWD - dedded but still hanging around like a ghost
2019 Rav4 XLE Premium - Sports mode is fun.
post Jan 20, 2014 - 5:08 PM
+Quote Post
blockustomz

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 18, '13
From FL
Currently Offline

got tint.. 20% all around plus sun shade.
also put on some mud flaps, painting the lip kit soon + alot better pictures when done..

This post has been edited by blockustomz: Jan 20, 2014 - 5:17 PM

--------------------
@floordauto
post Jan 23, 2014 - 9:36 PM
+Quote Post
blockustomz

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 18, '13
From FL
Currently Offline

Next up is more low.. smile.gif

Rear Hiro Splitters are lost in shippment.. =( hopefully they pop up.

This post has been edited by blockustomz: Jan 23, 2014 - 9:51 PM

--------------------
@floordauto
post Jan 30, 2014 - 7:09 PM
+Quote Post
blockustomz

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 18, '13
From FL
Currently Offline

Hiro splitters came in today.. Was really thinking these where lost in shippment. Glad it wasn't so... Completes the lip nicley..

--------------------
@floordauto
post Jan 30, 2014 - 10:30 PM
+Quote Post
PegGTS

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 15, '13
From Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Currently Offline

QUOTE (blockustomz @ Jan 30, 2014 - 6:09 PM) *

Hiro splitters came in today.. Was really thinking these where lost in shippment. Glad it wasn't so... Completes the lip nicley..

Looks really good! Do you plan on getting a paint job eventually or just leaving it plasti dipped?

--------------------
2007 Impreza 2.5i - Daily
1994 Camry - Sold
1994 Celica - Sold :(

Click here to see my progress thread!
post Jan 31, 2014 - 10:28 PM
+Quote Post
blockustomz

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 18, '13
From FL
Currently Offline

Thanks.. Yeah I'd like to get a paint job some day. Maybe after I find a curren i'll fork it up or by than have a compressor.

I do love this plasti dip though. Different for sure..

This color came out last week... maybe after some wheels i'll try that color..

--------------------
@floordauto
post Feb 5, 2014 - 2:38 PM
+Quote Post
cjpost

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 31, '13
From NJ
Currently Offline

Just got a coupe gt, and I'm on a budget. do you think that 2 gallons of white and a gallon of black and a gallon of glossifier would be good enough to get the car white like that and the roof black? I'll be making a thread soon but I want to get supplies and I'm just curious how it worked out for you. Was it difficult to avoid bubbling?

I really like how the car is progressing, how did you manage to get the rust out of the wheel well? I have the same problem.
post Feb 5, 2014 - 6:53 PM
+Quote Post
blockustomz

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 18, '13
From FL
Currently Offline

QUOTE (cjpost @ Feb 5, 2014 - 2:38 PM) *
Just got a coupe gt, and I'm on a budget. do you think that 2 gallons of white and a gallon of black and a gallon of glossifier would be good enough to get the car white like that and the roof black? I'll be making a thread soon but I want to get supplies and I'm just curious how it worked out for you. Was it difficult to avoid bubbling?

I really like how the car is progressing, how did you manage to get the rust out of the wheel well? I have the same problem.

Depends on what color the car is original.. If its a dark color you will either need a coat of grey (DYC suggest this) OR 2 more coats of white.. I did 3 coats of white and i would like to do 1 more.. I also want to do the roof black but anyways..lol I bought 3gallons of white.. 1 gallon of grey for base coat.. That should do it but if you'r like me another gallon of white doesn't hurt.

The dip is almost transparent in a way.. So more coats the better.. White is also the thinnest of any color.. Keep that in mind, It's easy for colors to show under neath and also easier to drip.

I Haven't used my glossifer yet aswell.. Will do that after one more coat. You can either do 50/50 mix with white or just put the gloss over the dip'd car.. I heard the gloss is more of a challenge to get right so make sure you check out DYC on youtube for help.

Bubbling doesn't happen if you clean the car right.. Not just by a car wash but you gotta get everything off the paint.. Wax, road grim etc.. I had no issues except where i did not clean right (1st time doing this)

If you use the DYC sprayer its really f-n easy to paint bro with out mess ups.. The gun is amazing and even in spots i messed up on first coat.. You dont notice it on the last.. Really great sprayer.

I sanded down all the rust and filled it. Should of cut it out and put new metal in but i'll do that later in life..lol The hole car was sanned with very vin gritt before the spray since i have clear coat peal..

Good luck and feel free to msg me or give dipyourcar.com a buzz.. =D

--------------------
@floordauto
post Feb 6, 2014 - 11:45 AM
+Quote Post
cjpost

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 31, '13
From NJ
Currently Offline

QUOTE (blockustomz @ Feb 5, 2014 - 6:53 PM) *
QUOTE (cjpost @ Feb 5, 2014 - 2:38 PM) *

Depends on what color the car is original.. If its a dark color you will either need a coat of grey (DYC suggest this) OR 2 more coats of white.. I did 3 coats of white and i would like to do 1 more.. I also want to do the roof black but anyways..lol I bought 3gallons of white.. 1 gallon of grey for base coat.. That should do it but if you'r like me another gallon of white doesn't hurt.

The dip is almost transparent in a way.. So more coats the better.. White is also the thinnest of any color.. Keep that in mind, It's easy for colors to show under neath and also easier to drip.

I Haven't used my glossifer yet aswell.. Will do that after one more coat. You can either do 50/50 mix with white or just put the gloss over the dip'd car.. I heard the gloss is more of a challenge to get right so make sure you check out DYC on youtube for help.

Bubbling doesn't happen if you clean the car right.. Not just by a car wash but you gotta get everything off the paint.. Wax, road grim etc.. I had no issues except where i did not clean right (1st time doing this)

If you use the DYC sprayer its really f-n easy to paint bro with out mess ups.. The gun is amazing and even in spots i messed up on first coat.. You dont notice it on the last.. Really great sprayer.

I sanded down all the rust and filled it. Should of cut it out and put new metal in but i'll do that later in life..lol The hole car was sanned with very vin gritt before the spray since i have clear coat peal..

Good luck and feel free to msg me or give dipyourcar.com a buzz.. =D

Cool, thanks for the info. the car is silver right now and I really like the look of white with a black roof but I don’t have the money to get it professionally painted (I would rather spend that money on coilovers) I’m going to go for 3 gallons white one gallon gloss and just hold off on the roof for now I think. The guy I just bought the car from seems to have just painted over any signs of rust so I think I will end up just sanding down most of the car to look for any signs of rust. I think the original silver paint is a good base layer for the white probably. It seems like we have the same sort of goals in mind for our cars, I’m excited to see how yours turns out. I’m about to go make a thread for my car now I think, I’m way too excited to get started on this project.
post Feb 10, 2014 - 8:35 PM
+Quote Post
blockustomz

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 18, '13
From FL
Currently Offline

Always loved the curren lights with the tinted clear turns.. Finding them without 200+ shipping is impossible..
So 30% tint will do.. No Rattle Cans! Legit tint.

looks amazing in person.

This post has been edited by blockustomz: Feb 11, 2014 - 12:09 AM

--------------------
@floordauto
post Feb 12, 2014 - 8:54 PM
+Quote Post
kurt95gt

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 23, '11
From kenton ohio
Currently Offline

Still want that dang lip lol

--------------------
95 gt coupe, v6 swap weekend toy
99 gt hatch beams swapped wife's
94 st hatch my daily driver
http://www.6gc.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=82235
n
post Mar 17, 2014 - 5:59 PM
+Quote Post
blockustomz

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 18, '13
From FL
Currently Offline

10000k HID kit.

--------------------
@floordauto
post Apr 3, 2014 - 4:56 PM
+Quote Post
blockustomz

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 18, '13
From FL
Currently Offline

Blacked out the plate surround, and yellow tint on high beams.

--------------------
@floordauto

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 28th, 2024 - 3:48 AM