+Quote Post
cheela

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 2, '07
From Berlin, WI
Currently Offline

QUOTE (navseal345 @ May 22, 2020 - 3:58 PM) *
Is it done yet?

Enough to enjoy taking it out on the country roads here a few times. The old gas in it is almost out so I can't wait to put proper gas into it and see if that will help it run even better.

--------------------

*1997 Celica ST - 3SGE Greytop BEAMS
*1977 Celica RA29 - Classic Cruiser
*2005 Matrix AWD - dedded but still hanging around like a ghost
2019 Rav4 XLE Premium - Sports mode is fun.
post May 23, 2020 - 1:17 AM
+Quote Post
BonzaiCelica

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 24, '08
From Orange County, CA
Currently Offline

good luck on the progess of new swap

--------------------
For Sale Items:
post May 23, 2020 - 9:53 AM
+Quote Post
enderswift

Enthusiast
Joined Jul 12, '08
Currently Offline

Here's the PSA thread I made years ago explaining what happens if your flywheel has the wrong step height

http://www.6gc.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=93023

Machining specs matter ppl. These are carefully engineered mechanical systems and everything has to be spaced appropriately to work

--------------------
post May 23, 2020 - 10:45 AM
+Quote Post
cheela

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 2, '07
From Berlin, WI
Currently Offline

QUOTE (enderswift @ May 23, 2020 - 9:53 AM) *
Here's the PSA thread I made years ago explaining what happens if your flywheel has the wrong step height

http://www.6gc.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=93023

Machining specs matter ppl. These are carefully engineered mechanical systems and everything has to be spaced appropriately to work

Yeah, I was searching online and just found it the other day when the forum came back up. Definitely good info and I would've never thought about it if you hadn't said anything.

--------------------

post May 23, 2020 - 10:49 AM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

Every time someone with a Toyota says their new clutch/flywheel isn't working right I always ask them about how it was cut/was there a step, and almost every time that's the problem or they killed the clutch because of failing master/slave.

I hope you get it sorted out and all together for the next meet, that'll be a lot of fun!

This post has been edited by Bitter: May 23, 2020 - 1:24 PM

--------------------
post May 24, 2020 - 1:36 PM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

NO GOOD PICS IN THIS PAGE?

meh.....

--------------------
Learned a lot in 10 years... I hardly log in anymore, last login Today Sept 6 2019, and I was forced just to clarify a post. LOL

If you PM me and I dont respond, dont fret or cry. Im alive, better post your questions in the thread below, maybe I log back in

2grfe Swapped... Why I chose the 2GR, before you ask read here...

A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.

@llamaraxing in Instagram is the best way to find me. I hardly log here anymore.
post May 24, 2020 - 9:57 PM
+Quote Post
cheela

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 2, '07
From Berlin, WI
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Bitter @ May 23, 2020 - 10:49 AM) *
Every time someone with a Toyota says their new clutch/flywheel isn't working right I always ask them about how it was cut/was there a step, and almost every time that's the problem or they killed the clutch because of failing master/slave.

I hope you get it sorted out and all together for the next meet, that'll be a lot of fun!

Quarantine is almost over so my free time is going to be cut short again. It was close. I almost had it all squared out before the end of it. lol but I will have to take it apart some time and get it sorted and finish the exhaust as well.

QUOTE (njccmd2002 @ May 24, 2020 - 1:36 PM) *
NO GOOD PICS IN THIS PAGE?

meh.....

YET...

Better than that 2gr vert thread though haven't seen an update in months.

--------------------

post Jun 11, 2020 - 1:27 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

Time to update and break the forums.

--------------------
post Jun 11, 2020 - 11:29 PM
+Quote Post
cheela

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 2, '07
From Berlin, WI
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Bitter @ Jun 11, 2020 - 1:27 PM) *

haha, nope not willing to break the forum so no updates. Took it out a few times to "run out the old gas" hehehe.... it's fun revving it up with no exhaust down these country roads. biggrin.gif but I also don't want to do too much and end up with a failing master cylinder too so it'll sit for the most part.

but the real reason is that most of my time has been spent on yard work. I've been mowing the lawn constantly it seems, and then solving some issues around the house. Digging a drain pipe for part of my driveway as it floods during heavy rains. Also battling invasive sumac. Those sonsabiches spread faster than a prostitute's legs. Bout to set fire to half my yard just to keep them under control. Trying poison first and if that don't kill them I'll just have to dig up my whole yard. ugh...

--------------------

post Jun 12, 2020 - 12:06 AM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

QUOTE (cheela @ Jun 11, 2020 - 11:29 PM) *
QUOTE (Bitter @ Jun 11, 2020 - 1:27 PM) *

haha, nope not willing to break the forum so no updates. Took it out a few times to "run out the old gas" hehehe.... it's fun revving it up with no exhaust down these country roads. biggrin.gif but I also don't want to do too much and end up with a failing master cylinder too so it'll sit for the most part.

but the real reason is that most of my time has been spent on yard work. I've been mowing the lawn constantly it seems, and then solving some issues around the house. Digging a drain pipe for part of my driveway as it floods during heavy rains. Also battling invasive sumac. Those sonsabiches spread faster than a prostitute's legs. Bout to set fire to half my yard just to keep them under control. Trying poison first and if that don't kill them I'll just have to dig up my whole yard. ugh...

There's worse things than Sumac, at least it's a native species that makes tasty tea! Unless you mean poison Sumac.

Sumac spreads underground and in the right conditions makes big groves pretty fast, anything that kills Sumac which is pretty hearty will surely kill everything else. The best way to control it is to block it's root spread with physical barriers like a line of flagstone or 12x12 pavers buried on edge. Their spreading roots don't go deep, usually, so that would probably block them out. Cutting them down doesn't do much since they'll just pop up from the ground again. I say embrace them, it's less lawn to mow! You can prune them up into tree's that cast a nice shady canopy and they're quite pretty in the fall.

--------------------
post Jun 12, 2020 - 10:41 AM
+Quote Post
TimeslideZ

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 9, '16
From Minnesota
Currently Offline

Burn it all down, nothing should stop you from making progress on the car!
Jk, you're right about cutting grass though. W/ the amount of rain we be getting my brother and I find ourselves cutting the grass nearly twice a week.
Doesn't help w/ all the humidity and sudden heat waves too to not want to work on the car lol.
post Jun 12, 2020 - 12:29 PM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

--------------------
Learned a lot in 10 years... I hardly log in anymore, last login Today Sept 6 2019, and I was forced just to clarify a post. LOL

If you PM me and I dont respond, dont fret or cry. Im alive, better post your questions in the thread below, maybe I log back in

2grfe Swapped... Why I chose the 2GR, before you ask read here...

A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.

@llamaraxing in Instagram is the best way to find me. I hardly log here anymore.
post Jun 12, 2020 - 1:24 PM
+Quote Post
bloodMoney

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 4, '06
From Chicagoland
Currently Offline

Savage Norberto is savage.

--------------------
~bloodMoney
post Sep 26, 2020 - 11:35 PM
+Quote Post
navseal345

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 17, '09
From Millard, Omaha, Nebraska
Currently Offline

Refried beans & some chips please!
post Oct 9, 2020 - 9:42 AM
+Quote Post
cheela

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 2, '07
From Berlin, WI
Currently Offline

BEAMs has been outta the garage for a while now. I take it on the occasional ride up and down these back roads. The 1st gen now occupies the garage because I thought it ran outta gas but it may be a bad fuel pump relay or something because it won't stay running even with new gas in it. I can start it but as soon as the fuel in the carb is used up it dies. FUN! maybe it just needs a BEAMS swap....

But I'm going out to wash the BEAMS in a bit and take it down one of the nice country roads here to take some fall photos before making room for both cars in the garage and THEY BOTH GO ON JACK STANDS! laugh.gif laugh.gif

pic so some of the people in here will shut up. (not like they will but still...)
120601969_2696639363923769_8516574578790297824_n

--------------------

post Oct 9, 2020 - 7:49 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

GIMME BACK MY WHEELS!

So maybe when this damn Covid is over or calmed down enough it'll be a 1st gen fix party? For sure need to drive around Wisconsin, but I hear I should borrow some in-state plates cause the cops love to meet residents from IL on the road side to talk about how they're driving.

--------------------
post Oct 9, 2020 - 9:13 PM
+Quote Post
navseal345

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 17, '09
From Millard, Omaha, Nebraska
Currently Offline

Desperately missing some Beams action. And miss seeing yous all.
post Oct 10, 2020 - 11:04 AM
+Quote Post
bryanf

Enthusiast
Joined Jul 26, '12
From Atlanta
Currently Offline

The green Celica looks excellent!

--------------------
post Oct 11, 2020 - 12:48 PM
+Quote Post
cheela

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 2, '07
From Berlin, WI
Currently Offline

Edited some pics last night. Turned out pretty nice. BEAMS ran good. Threw out a bit of heat though, temp gauge was fine but the hood and fender were very hot to the touch. It'll go into the garage soon so I'll have time to figure everything out. Get a new power steering hose in there and bolt up the AC and whatever else needs finishing up. Enjoy the pics!

--------------------

post Oct 11, 2020 - 12:51 PM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

You did a good job of editing the jack stands out of those pictures and adding a background behind the car!

Just kidding. If the temp gauge stayed normal, I would suspect exhaust to be the source of the heat. It doesn’t hurt to do a once-over of the cooking system and make sure you aren’t low and have no bubbles in the system now that you’re starting to put a few miles on the swap.

--------------------
"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others labored hard for." -Socrates. Even Socrates told us to use the search button!

2006 Aston Martin V8 Vantage.
1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2022 4Runner TRD Off Road Prenium.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.

39 Pages V  « < 36 37 38 39 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 28th, 2024 - 2:52 PM