6G Celicas Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What’s the best looking car ever made?
post Jul 11, 2019 - 12:13 AM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

I don’t care what you say. It’s the Aston Martin Vantage. Or the Vanquish. Or the DB9. Or the DBS. Doesn’t matter, they all look the same. laugh.gif

Regardless of incorrect opinions, I want to hear what you guys think is the most beautiful sheet metal ever.

--------------------
"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others labored hard for." -Socrates. Even Socrates told us to use the search button!

2006 Aston Martin V8 Vantage.
1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2022 4Runner TRD Off Road Prenium.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post Jul 11, 2019 - 1:13 AM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

I think you meant to post this Bugatti 57C

This post has been edited by Box: Jul 11, 2019 - 1:14 AM

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Jul 11, 2019 - 6:38 AM
+Quote Post
navseal345

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 17, '09
From Millard, Omaha, Nebraska
Currently Offline

The one you don't have to work on, the one that never let's you down, the one that makes you happy. That's the one.
post Jul 11, 2019 - 7:45 AM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JXJr-jtit8
that's a pretty good contender, or the early models with the double head lights.

--------------------
post Jul 11, 2019 - 9:18 AM
+Quote Post
cheela

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 2, '07
From Berlin, WI
Currently Offline

--------------------

*1997 Celica ST - 3SGE Greytop BEAMS
*1977 Celica RA29 - Classic Cruiser
*2005 Matrix AWD - dedded but still hanging around like a ghost
2019 Rav4 XLE Premium - Sports mode is fun.
post Jul 11, 2019 - 1:10 PM
+Quote Post
bloodMoney

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 4, '06
From Chicagoland
Currently Offline

--------------------
~bloodMoney
post Jul 11, 2019 - 1:15 PM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Box @ Jul 11, 2019 - 12:13 AM) *
I think you meant to post this Bugatti 57C

The Bugatti is a great looking car, no doubt! However, I already said in my first post that any other opinion is wrong so therefore this is wrong. laugh.gif

QUOTE (navseal345 @ Jul 11, 2019 - 5:38 AM) *
The one you don't have to work on, the one that never let's you down, the one that makes you happy. That's the one.

This plays a huge factor in why I like the Astons so much. Easy to like a cat when it’s not my money paying the constant repair bills. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Bitter @ Jul 11, 2019 - 6:45 AM) *
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JXJr-jtit8
that's a pretty good contender, or the early models with the double head lights.

You know, oddly enough there’s never been an Alfa that I’ve loved. Brigette likes the 4C but they’re all a little funky in my eyes. I saw this one on Tuesday and snapped a picture because it’s cool to see them around, but I’ve just never found them particularly interesting to look at.

QUOTE (cheela @ Jul 11, 2019 - 8:18 AM) *
Snip

You know, the 2000GT is an awesome car but it’s just another one of those cars that is gorgeous to everyone else but just doesn’t appeal to me. It’s the right shape that I like, there’s just something about it that doesn’t call out to me.

At this point I will retract my opinion that every opinion outside of Aston Martin is incorrect. There has been plenty of sheet metal out there that looks fantastic. However, I think we can all agree that nothing from Honda will make the cut for this thread. At best, Honda’s styling is mind-numbingly bland, and at the other end of the spectrum you have the Civic Type R. I think the CTR might just be the worst looking car on sale today.

QUOTE (bloodMoney @ Jul 11, 2019 - 12:10 PM) *

I can agree with this one. The Jag deserves a spot among the best looking cars ever produced.

--------------------
"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others labored hard for." -Socrates. Even Socrates told us to use the search button!

1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post Jul 11, 2019 - 3:20 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Funny I was just thinking about the 2000GT and the XJ220 but they've been posted for me. tongue.gif As far as Honda the S2000 and first gen NSX are nice looking cars, though not sure if anyone finds them to be beautiful. The Jaguar E-type convertible(I think the one time I greatly prefer the convertible version) has to be up there:

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Jul 11, 2019 - 5:17 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

I'm going to say the original Z in terms of something mere mortals can afford, especially the ZG version though an actual ZG isn't so affordable:

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Jul 11, 2019 - 10:38 PM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

The E type coupe has a weird roofline but the convertible is teh secks. The 240Z is definitely a great looking car as well. I’d have a hard time choosing between a 1gc and a 240Z for a restoration project. I’m loyal to Celicas but the Z looks better in my opinion.

The S2000 is hands down the best looking Honda to me, but still just not really all that exciting. The NSX bears too much resemblance to an Accord for me, obviously very different but similar styling cues. It’s just not that exciting to look at to me, but it’s still on a whole different league than the new NSX.

--------------------

1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post Jul 12, 2019 - 12:06 AM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

The E-type coupe would look a lot better chopped, the roof is just too tall for the body. The Miata suffers from the same problem, would look a lot better if the side windows were like an inch or two shorter and/or the top had trim pieces to continue the window trim off that triangular glass in the door.

I don't think a car has to look exciting to be beautiful; though the S2000 seems to somehow perfectly be not exciting enough nor elegant enough to be classically beautiful. For me I like curvy cars, hence the Bugatti as it's nothing but curves. laugh.gif Though hard edged angular cars can be beautiful too, but then the S2000 is just neither of those somehow... Speaking of beautiful angular cars, the Lancia Stratos:

And Lamborghini Countach:

Also the Ferrari F40:

Though the F40 somehow combines an angular rear with a more rounded front, but it works.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Jul 12, 2019 - 8:53 AM
+Quote Post
cheela

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 2, '07
From Berlin, WI
Currently Offline

QUOTE (richee3 @ Jul 11, 2019 - 10:38 PM) *
The E type coupe has a weird roofline but the convertible is teh secks. The 240Z is definitely a great looking car as well. I’d have a hard time choosing between a 1gc and a 240Z for a restoration project. I’m loyal to Celicas but the Z looks better in my opinion.

*gasp* frown.gif i feel attacked...lol but I hear ya. Before I acquired both my 1gc, I was on the hunt for a clean 240z but in the end it came down to price because I wuz a broke college stoodent and Zs were going for way more than I could afford at the time. Both my 1gcs together probably cost less then a clean Z. Nice thing is the celica's value is slowly going up now that they're getting older and rarer. biggrin.gif

--------------------

*1997 Celica ST - 3SGE Greytop BEAMS
*1977 Celica RA29 - Classic Cruiser
*2005 Matrix AWD - dedded but still hanging around like a ghost
2019 Rav4 XLE Premium - Sports mode is fun.
post Jul 12, 2019 - 1:46 PM
+Quote Post
narly_charley

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 1, '09
From Marengo, IL
Currently Offline

Randy Grubb's cars. The craftsmanship in his builds are second to none.

http://www.randygrubb.com/the-falconer-dodici/

--------------------

2000 GT-S 6 SPD... SOLD!
post Jul 12, 2019 - 2:19 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

It needs fender skirts like the Bugatti and then it'd be perfect.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Jul 15, 2019 - 5:43 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

I'm going to say the 987 Cayman is up there, or at least the rear of it is, and somewhat affordable now:

I just love the rear of the car, and especially the quarters.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Jul 15, 2019 - 8:35 PM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

I think that’s a better looking car than the 911. I considered buying one after selling the 350Z but decided just to keep putting the money away for a Supra.

--------------------

1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post Jul 15, 2019 - 9:02 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

I think it looks better than the 911 too, that and apparently it handles better too. Cost not even into consideration it'd be a no brainer on which to choose, or at least for me it is anyway.

The Supra is a nice enough looking car, but I could just look at the rear of the Cayman all day. The front is pretty nice too:

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Jul 15, 2019 - 9:41 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

Ok, this will get me banned.

I like how the 928 looks.

--------------------
post Jul 15, 2019 - 9:51 PM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Bitter @ Jul 15, 2019 - 8:41 PM) *
Ok, this will get me banned.

I like how the 928 looks.

You’re right, you’re banned for this one...

--------------------

1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post Jul 15, 2019 - 11:10 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

I don't even know, I don't even know...

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 28th, 2024 - 9:06 AM