6G Celicas Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 5s-fe street performance, What's next?
post Dec 6, 2004 - 11:03 PM
+Quote Post
Bigmeanbulldog55

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 1, '03
From WV
Currently Offline

I've got a 94 GT and it's got front and rear strut bars, ram air intakelight wieght flywheel, good tires, good break pads, and pretty well strate exhaust. I was just wondering what would be the next step that experienced 6th gen owners would take on this progect and why? 5S-FE input only please. Thanks ya'll.

--------------------
Live Free, Be Happy
IPB Image
post Dec 6, 2004 - 11:13 PM
+Quote Post
fastgt

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 13, '03
From California
Currently Offline

5sfte

--------------------
2011 Spice Orange Mini Cooper
2011 Alpine White BMW E92 M3

gone but not forgotten
2008 Space Grey BMW Z4 ///M
2009 Black Honda Civic LX Coupe
2006 Magnetic Black Nissan 350Z
2007 Crimson Red BMW 335i Coupe
post Dec 6, 2004 - 11:20 PM
+Quote Post
Bigmeanbulldog55

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 1, '03
From WV
Currently Offline

QUOTE(fastgt @ Dec 6, 2004 - 9:13 PM)
5sfte
[right][snapback]217862[/snapback][/right]

Come on now, serioulsy. I don't have that kind of money. That's alot of internals and all kinds of other junk I don't feel like getting into right now. Besides, I'd just do a 3s if I had that kind of cash. I'm looking for something that doesn't cost alot and would be the next step on a 5s-fe.

--------------------
Live Free, Be Happy
IPB Image
post Dec 6, 2004 - 11:52 PM
+Quote Post
1bwilson

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 30, '02
From Maryland
Currently Offline

cams, suspension, clutch, shifter, header, intake manifold + larger TB.

These are all things you can do but all of them added up would be the cost of a 3sgte clip or a 5sfte settup.

You can only push a 5sfe so far until its decision time. Stop where you are at, or break the bank.

You have the basic bolt ons at the moment and unless you are ready for the long haul I'd say leave it at that.

--------------------
Member of Team 5sfTe
post Dec 7, 2004 - 12:52 AM
+Quote Post
Bigmeanbulldog55

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 1, '03
From WV
Currently Offline

I know the things I can do. I was affraid people would think I was dumb. This is not the first car I've fixed up. I just want to know what gives the best gains on a 5s -fe. That way I don't have to hit an miss like I did on my Impulse, RX-7, mustang, and cj-5. I do appreciate the comment on leaving it as is, but what if I want to take it one more step? What should that step be? And by the way, I had alot more money before this car, I was in high school and 1-2 year college when I did those others and I had a good job. I'm in my 3rd year and I'm broke as it gets.

--------------------
Live Free, Be Happy
IPB Image
post Dec 7, 2004 - 1:25 AM
+Quote Post
Silver94CelicaOw...

Enthusiast
Joined Oct 13, '02
From Blairstown, New Jersey
Currently Offline

Gotta have money and be able to spend it if you wanna go fast. About the biggest gain you'll get without spending alot of money is nitrous, but im not sure if thats your thing or not. Plus, even nitrous can be costly to carefuly setup so that it doesnt fry your engine after awhile.

It really depends how much power you really want. If you just want an engine that responds better and has some extra punch, than an intake, header, exhaust, fuel management, and spark will give you that. If you want more than that, you could build up the engine with stronger internals with more potential or reground camshafts, then add your bolt-ons to get some good healthy power. At that point, if you want big power you could add nitrous or a turbo setup and crank out some good numbers.

Just keep in mind what your goals are, and decide what route you think is best.

--------------------

3rd gen ST205 3SGTE - Alive and boosting.
post Dec 7, 2004 - 1:29 AM
+Quote Post
macavely

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 4, '02
From Hecho en la Republica Dominicana/Living in NJ
Currently Offline

well if you want to take it to the next step you can do like a some of use are doing.. got to the 5sfte thread... its something you can do slowlly and look around for the right parts at the right price... but then again if you want to just add on more bolt on parts... you can try retuning your tranny ..if your willing to drop that much cash... or you can get a piggy bad or standalone ecu.. to try to get ever bit of power you can out of those bolt ones you have.... you can try playing around with the timing .. but i think the stock ecu .. correctes any changes made to the timing...you can also try some weight reduction on you car.... there are many more steps you can take.. if i remeber them i'll post back ... hope you get good results from thing.. keep us updated on what ever you do... One

--------------------
post Dec 7, 2004 - 1:44 AM
+Quote Post
Bigmeanbulldog55

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 1, '03
From WV
Currently Offline

I'm just looking for a nice street car. I just like having something that's not the fastest thing on the road, but still fun to drive. I'd love to get ahold of a header. That's what I'd do next if I could find the right one. Then I'd do cams, injectors, and larger fuel pump. But this car doesn't have alot of options, so I'm trying to keep it simple. What I'd really like to do is sell it or trade for a 240.

--------------------
Live Free, Be Happy
IPB Image
post Dec 7, 2004 - 1:51 AM
+Quote Post
macavely

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 4, '02
From Hecho en la Republica Dominicana/Living in NJ
Currently Offline

QUOTE(Bigmeanbulldog55 @ Dec 7, 2004 - 1:44 AM)
I'm just looking for a nice street car.  I just like having something that's not the fastest thing on the road, but still fun to drive.  I'd love to get ahold of a header.  That's what I'd do next if I could find the right one.  Then I'd do cams, injectors, and larger fuel pump.  But this car doesn't have alot of options, so I'm trying to keep it simple.  What I'd really like to do is sell it or trade for a 240.
[right][snapback]217953[/snapback][/right]

wll that is what you want to do.. and can't seam to find a way to do on the celi.. they trade it or sell.. there are shyt load of cars out there that are a lot easier to tune then a 6gc.... and RSX for example... just do what makes you happy when your behind the wheel... i think you already know what you want to do .. your just waiting for someone else to say it.... GET A Civic... they are hella fun to tune... and cheap to do so too...

--------------------
post Dec 7, 2004 - 1:53 AM
+Quote Post
turboinduction

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 25, '04
From Wisconsin
Currently Offline

if you find a header, give me a call wink.gif
post Dec 7, 2004 - 2:51 AM
+Quote Post
Bigmeanbulldog55

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 1, '03
From WV
Currently Offline

I've wanted a civic forever man. Everyone thinks they're nothing but "ricer cars." Thats because alot of them are. But if I had one with a bunch of performance mods I could surprise the heck out of everyone were I live. I'd rather have a rearwheel drive though. I know what I want, but I have to work with what I've got. My family and girlfriend already hate me for fixing up the cars that I have. I said that the celica would be a nice reliable car, and it's fast already. But that's just from a test drive. During the test drive you never push it above 4 grand, I didn't at least. And I thought with all this power at low end it must be crazy up tords 6 grand. After i bought it and tested it out, I found out my Geo would stomp it. I've been sad ever sence.

--------------------
Live Free, Be Happy
IPB Image
post Dec 7, 2004 - 3:17 AM
+Quote Post
Kwanza26

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 27, '03
From Nor Cal
Currently Offline

QUOTE(Bigmeanbulldog55 @ Dec 7, 2004 - 7:51 AM)
I've wanted a civic forever man.  Everyone thinks they're nothing but "ricer cars."  Thats because alot of them are.  But if I had one with a bunch of performance mods I could surprise the heck out of everyone were I live.  I'd rather have a rearwheel drive though.  I know what I want, but I have to work with what I've got.  My family and girlfriend already hate me for fixing up the cars that I have.  I said that the celica would be a nice reliable car, and it's fast already.  But that's just from a test drive.  During the test drive you never push it above 4 grand, I didn't at least.  And I thought with all this power at low end it must be crazy up tords 6 grand.  After i bought it and tested it out, I found out my Geo would stomp it.  I've been sad ever sence.
[right][snapback]217982[/snapback][/right]

I test drove an RSX and pushed it to 8 grand... no sweat. The dealer guy actually encouraged it...

Umm... Civics are nice cars. I've done up my share of Civics in the past. As for the 5SFE... you're not gonna be satisfied with it if you're thinking the way I think you're thinking. As for the 240sx... we had one as a potential project car a while also, a 91 Hatch. It's an alright car, but IMO, it's not that much more powerful than a Celica GT. It's not gonna have that quick revving feel and the engine isn't as responsive as the 5SFE. It's just a bigger motor. Again... not gonna be like what you're describing. It too makes little power after 5000 rpms.

It's your call though.

--------------------
"It's ok to be naked girl... I'm an artist!"

1995 AT200 Celica ST: stocked out daily driver...

1984 AE86 Corolla GT-SR5: silvertop 20V 4AGE project car jacked up with goodies...

1991 SW2x MR2 n/a: bare bones hardtop model soon to be...
post Dec 7, 2004 - 3:42 AM
+Quote Post
SlowCelica94

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 28, '03
From Bloomington, IN
Currently Offline

JUst go nitrous

--------------------
NASA/SCCA RX-7....currently under the knife
92 Civic hatch B16 - Sold
10th anniv RX-7 - RIP
The Slow Celica - Sold...and then crushed crushed due to street racing.

Quote from Seinfeild: George's Boss reading a magazine: "People magazine's most beautiful people. Oh and a Celica...nothin wrong with that!"
post Dec 7, 2004 - 4:01 AM
+Quote Post
DustyBurns30

Enthusiast
Joined Jul 31, '03
From Panama City Beach, FL
Currently Offline

just drive the celi off a cliff, buy a moped, and use the rest of the insurance money on something more useful...

post Dec 7, 2004 - 4:06 AM
+Quote Post
cheesebacon

Enthusiast

Joined Dec 3, '04
From los angeles
Currently Offline

i say just save your money.

i'm actually doing the same thing...just got the car for reliability reasons and gas mileage. but i'm saving up for a 2005 wrx sti. i'm gonna give my celica to my little sister... it's a girly ass car haha. not in general, just the one that i have....check it out.....

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/447617/5

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 29th, 2024 - 9:02 AM