> Stef's 7A-FTE to 3rd Gen 3S-GTE, its time for a change
post Jun 7, 2012 - 6:55 PM
+Quote Post
hurley97

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 3, '04
From Portsmouth, RI
Currently Offline

So some people may already know that I've had 7A turbo in my car and running for almost 4 years now. We did have our ups and downs in the beginning but the JDM Guy team and I figured out how to make it run great. Obviously I realize my little motor won't last forever, so when Dustin decided he wanted to get rid of his car we decided to part it and give his 3rd gen 3SGTE a new home while still keeping it in the family.

Some people also know about the 98 Rav4 we have that we put a Redtop Beams motor in. I'll be using the LSD S54 that came with that motor.

I just did some cleaning and painting on the 3S, changed the timing belt, water pump, all the oil seals, valve cover gaskets, drive belts, etc.

Right now I'm just waiting on a clutch. I ordered a Clutch Masters stage 2 hybrid clutch kit.

There are a few things from my turbo setup that will be staying but naturally there will be a lot of things for sale.
The WebCams custom reground cams with all the shims, 7A turbo manifold with the Tial 38mm MV-S external wastegate, Garrett T3 2052 turbo with the custom made flange and downpipe, RC Engineering 370cc fuel injectors, also have a set of Toyota 3SGE 372cc lime green injectors, we'll have a spare Devil's Own water injection kit, an unopened JoeP manual boost controller, Walbro 255lph fuel pump with foam insulator to make it quieter, my PWR water to air intercooler with the inline filler neck/cap. I will put up a formal for sale with pictures once everything is out but I just want to get the word out on some of the things that will be up for grabs pretty soon.

--------------------
7A-FTE: It's not about the money. Our Beams Swap.

I <3 Dustin---07/16/06
post Jun 7, 2012 - 7:25 PM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

Great stuff thumbsup.gif Will you miss the 7A-FTE?

--------------------
"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others labored hard for." -Socrates. Even Socrates told us to use the search button!

2006 Aston Martin V8 Vantage.
1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2022 4Runner TRD Off Road Prenium.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post Jun 7, 2012 - 8:27 PM
+Quote Post
celica74

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 8, '10
From North Carolina
Currently Offline

Followed your turbo build closely, looking forward to this! What was the specs on the cams? If the price is right i might take them off your hands for an na 7a build.
post Jun 7, 2012 - 8:39 PM
+Quote Post
hurley97

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 3, '04
From Portsmouth, RI
Currently Offline

QUOTE (richee3 @ Jun 7, 2012 - 8:25 PM) *
Great stuff thumbsup.gif Will you miss the 7A-FTE?

I've had my time with the 7A, its taught me way more than I ever though it would, and for that I'll never regret having done it.

Right now I think I'll miss some aspects of it, like the instantaneous torque, but I'm sure once the 3S is in I won't miss anything having to do with a 7AFE wink.gif

--------------------

I <3 Dustin---07/16/06
post Jun 7, 2012 - 8:45 PM
+Quote Post
hurley97

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 3, '04
From Portsmouth, RI
Currently Offline

QUOTE (celica74 @ Jun 7, 2012 - 9:27 PM) *
Followed your turbo build closely, looking forward to this! What was the specs on the cams? If the price is right i might take them off your hands for an na 7a build.

There is a picture of the spec sheet in my turbo project thread somewhere. I have the paperwork for them too so when the for sale actually goes up I'll post a picture of the cams and specs. On most of my stuff I'll entertain any reasonable offer just to move some of it.

--------------------

I <3 Dustin---07/16/06
post Jun 7, 2012 - 9:24 PM
+Quote Post
Ted95

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 8, '09
From Westport, MA
Currently Offline

looks good guys! motors going to look great in the bay

--------------------
st205 powered ss3 coupe
post Jun 8, 2012 - 3:32 AM
+Quote Post
malpaso

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 3, '06
From Czech Republic (Europe)
Currently Offline

Another 7AFTE titan turned to the dark side smile.gif. Sad to read Dustin realized to get rid of his Celica (makes me always sad reading something like that about familiar car)... Anyway, fingers crossed with upgrade!

note: what you did with the engine is amazing... you have great sense for detail.

--------------------
No more replicas... This is evolution... This is SS-four :)

________[Featured Celica of 6gc.net @ 2010]_________
post Jun 8, 2012 - 4:04 AM
+Quote Post
mandrek

Enthusiast
Joined May 4, '05
From western MD/NOVA
Currently Offline

interested in some of your gear smile.gif sad to hear that you are moving away from the 7A, but glad that you will be staying in the community, and that the parts are to stay in as well. smile.gif

--------------------
post Jun 8, 2012 - 6:15 AM
+Quote Post
al94st

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 30, '09
From Wilmington, NC
Currently Offline

Your turbo thread was a plethora of info for 7a owners, so I'm sure this will be interesting as well. One question though, why ditch the PWR, I would think that would be a cool addition to a 3s setup.
post Jun 8, 2012 - 5:39 PM
+Quote Post
hurley97

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 3, '04
From Portsmouth, RI
Currently Offline

It already has a water to air intercooler

--------------------

I <3 Dustin---07/16/06
post Jun 14, 2012 - 4:19 PM
+Quote Post
hurley97

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 3, '04
From Portsmouth, RI
Currently Offline

got the clutch yesterday, its a Clutch Masters FX200 Kevlar Steel Backed disc, their stage 2. Supposed to be like stock but lasts longer and claims holding power is 70% over stock.

--------------------

I <3 Dustin---07/16/06
post Jun 15, 2012 - 2:17 AM
+Quote Post
malpaso

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 3, '06
From Czech Republic (Europe)
Currently Offline

QUOTE (hurley97 @ Jun 14, 2012 - 11:19 PM) *
got the clutch yesterday, its a Clutch Masters FX200 Kevlar Steel Backed disc, their stage 2. Supposed to be like stock but lasts longer and claims holding power is 70% over stock.

Good choice IMO. I have Clutch Masters in my car as well smile.gif.

--------------------
No more replicas... This is evolution... This is SS-four :)

________[Featured Celica of 6gc.net @ 2010]_________
post Jun 15, 2012 - 2:41 AM
+Quote Post
BonzaiCelica

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 24, '08
From Orange County, CA
Currently Offline

Nice! You getting a gt4 hood to clear i.tercooler?

--------------------
For Sale Items:
post Jun 15, 2012 - 1:18 PM
+Quote Post
hurley97

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 3, '04
From Portsmouth, RI
Currently Offline

I've heard the stock hood clears it, may have to do something about cooling though. Will run without modifications at first to see how it does. The car looks the way I want it to right now, if I can keep it that way I will, if not I'll explore my options.

--------------------

I <3 Dustin---07/16/06
post Jun 15, 2012 - 1:30 PM
+Quote Post
97lestyousay

Enthusiast
Joined Jul 7, '03
Currently Offline

It cleared Jeff's, but you already knew that. smile.gif
That things gonna be a beast every swap you guys do, just gets better, and better.

Maybe we could be twins again, smile.gif(sort of like Danny Devito and Arnold Swaztanator) My powerplant would be on the exteme short stick of the gene pool. I actually like the look of the ducktail better than the GT Four wing even with the Four front. Mine is really up to my son now, but he will still have to clear his mods with me.

--------------------
JDM guy made me do it.
post Jun 15, 2012 - 2:41 PM
+Quote Post
purplegt4

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 7, '03
From Northern Virginia
Currently Offline

I was wondering where that motor went!
post Jun 16, 2012 - 7:44 PM
+Quote Post
mkernz22

Enthusiast
Joined May 10, '10
From MA
Currently Offline

QUOTE (hurley97 @ Jun 14, 2012 - 5:19 PM) *

I'm personally never getting that style disk ever again. My first clutch was like that and all the springs were just about coming out and some actually did. That wasn't after on 1,500 miles too. You guys should remember bahaha laugh.gif
post Jun 17, 2012 - 8:49 AM
+Quote Post
hurley97

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 3, '04
From Portsmouth, RI
Currently Offline

QUOTE (mkernz22 @ Jun 16, 2012 - 8:44 PM) *
I'm personally never getting that style disk ever again. My first clutch was like that and all the springs were just about coming out and some actually did. That wasn't after on 1,500 miles too. You guys should remember bahaha laugh.gif

yeah, your ebay disc
a lot of people are saying good things about clutch masters, we'll see I guess
would have loved to get an Exedy but they don't even make anything for the S54 so they can't make a hybrid for me

--------------------

I <3 Dustin---07/16/06
post Jun 17, 2012 - 9:03 AM
+Quote Post
jcbass7

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 20, '06
From Florida
Currently Offline

Glad to see that motor staying in the family. Manny didn't convince you to go with an unsprung disc? I'm still deciding, before I drop my motor in..

I might have to take that spare devil's own off of your hands wink.gif
post Jul 16, 2012 - 12:37 PM
+Quote Post
hurley97

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 3, '04
From Portsmouth, RI
Currently Offline

Sat night it came out.

Anyone want anything off the 7A turbo setup let me know.

M/T ECU is sold.

AEM F/IC is out and in the box ready to go

Would like to see the turbo, manifold, downpipe, and Tial 38mm MV-S external wastegate all go together since it was all sort of custom made to fit each other.

Anyone who wants the WebCams reground camshafts will get all the shims and buckets out of the motor too, should make it a bit easier to install.

The Innovate LC-1 Wideband is for sale. If anyone wants it I will include the clock I modified to fit the digital readout.

--------------------

I <3 Dustin---07/16/06

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 28th, 2024 - 3:00 PM