> TSZ 1MZ-FE, The project car
post May 3, 2018 - 9:34 AM
+Quote Post
block

Enthusiast
Joined Jul 27, '06
From Soda
Currently Offline

17x9 +38 and it still pokes out. Makes me nervous to put mines on then 🤔 17x9 +32 🤔

--------------------
post May 3, 2018 - 4:53 PM
+Quote Post
TimeslideZ

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 9, '16
From Minnesota
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Box @ May 3, 2018 - 1:34 AM) *
Get some open ended lug nuts that fits your studs and have them below where you're cutting, so then after cutting you take the lug nut off and it cleans up and straightens out the threads for you.

Yes sir, that's exactly what I did. I'm leaving the original studs one thread past the spacer length, hopefully it still doesn't interfere. Went out to buy a grinder and man... I have not used one of these in forever. Slow but sure.

QUOTE (block @ May 3, 2018 - 10:34 AM) *
17x9 +38 and it still pokes out. Makes me nervous to put mines on then 🤔 17x9 +32 🤔

Haha iirc Mike Thoma has a even deeper setup. 17x9 with 255 but I think he's like +17 front and +23 rear. Might be wrong though...
post May 7, 2018 - 5:56 PM
+Quote Post
block

Enthusiast
Joined Jul 27, '06
From Soda
Currently Offline

Test fitted my wheels. Rears are close to flush, fronts might need a notch of - camber. Getting my tires this weekend so we will know more.

--------------------
post May 7, 2018 - 11:14 PM
+Quote Post
TimeslideZ

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 9, '16
From Minnesota
Currently Offline

QUOTE (block @ May 7, 2018 - 5:56 PM) *
Test fitted my wheels. Rears are close to flush, fronts might need a notch of - camber. Getting my tires this weekend so we will know more.

Nice bro, hopefully they fit. My front definitely rub right now so I need to camber it in more as well. Back fit but not flush, getting some spacers soon too to deal with that.

Ahh more parts to buy, more money to spend... I'm totally going overboard right now but oh well, my bank account can handle it. Hopefully if things all come together I might just make it out to the spring meet in time lol.

This post has been edited by TimeslideZ: May 7, 2018 - 11:49 PM
post May 8, 2018 - 8:31 PM
+Quote Post
TimeslideZ

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 9, '16
From Minnesota
Currently Offline

Finally got a heat gun, and borrowed my cousins fender roller equipment. HOPEFULLY it helps my rubbing problem w/ the new wheel setup.

Trying to roll up the front, or at least what I can get of it. Passenger side done so far, stopped caused I cracked the paint and was pissed at myself.
Also finally removed the v6 emblem from my trunk; but you can still see some of the adhesive residue. I'll wash that out later.

15mm spacers have been order and waiting for those to come in.
post May 8, 2018 - 9:14 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

WD-40 or the like and some heat helps with getting leftover adhesive off, then wash clean and touch up with some wax afterwards.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post May 9, 2018 - 10:08 PM
+Quote Post
NgoFcukinWay

Enthusiast
Joined Nov 7, '06
From Houston, Tx
Currently Offline

fronts poke with a +38 offset? Demmit... I'm looking at the same wheels for mine, too. You have pics of the front poking?

--------------------
-Alex {](O_o)[}

1993.5 Toyota Supra ....with stuff.... ....sorta broken....
1998 Toyota Celica ....this one, too, has stuff.... ....broken....yeah...definitely broken....
post May 26, 2018 - 6:59 PM
+Quote Post
TimeslideZ

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 9, '16
From Minnesota
Currently Offline

QUOTE (NgoFcukinWay @ May 9, 2018 - 10:08 PM) *
fronts poke with a +38 offset? Demmit... I'm looking at the same wheels for mine, too. You have pics of the front poking?

Sorry bro I lied, at least it sees like it so far. After letting the wheel set it seems to be tucked in a bit.
But my driver side still does poke out more due to the hybrid axle; but I'm waiting on my coilovers before saying if it rubs or not.
post Jun 6, 2018 - 8:04 AM
+Quote Post
cheela

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 2, '07
From Berlin, WI
Currently Offline

BUMP!

NEED UPDATED PICS ASAP!! LOL

--------------------

*1997 Celica ST - 3SGE Greytop BEAMS
*1977 Celica RA29 - Classic Cruiser
*2005 Matrix AWD - dedded but still hanging around like a ghost
2019 Rav4 XLE Premium - Sports mode is fun.
post Jun 8, 2018 - 2:06 AM
+Quote Post
TimeslideZ

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 9, '16
From Minnesota
Currently Offline

QUOTE (cheela @ Jun 6, 2018 - 8:04 AM) *
BUMP!

NEED UPDATED PICS ASAP!! LOL

Sorry bro, gonna have to wait. Celica is on DD duty due to the FRS breaking down. I'll post pictures when I get the right fitment.

Been battling with the FRS this whole week, long story short the shift select lever pin broke so had to drop the transmission just to get to it.
Any recommendations on removing the broken pin is appreciated!

As for the Celica I got some BC (BR Series) coilovers. Wasn't the original idea but I was rubbing on the struts (i think) w/ the new wheels.
Here are the rear compared to my old setup (forgot to take pictures of the front; but it was a big difference in width).

Also got some H&R spacers (15mm) for the rear. Was going to take the hubs to a shop but w/ the right tools ended up doing it myself!

Got the rear running top camber bolts, maxed out at -1.75 (if that's the correct max, went of eibach camber bolt specs cause they look like them).

For the front I'm running close to 0 degrees camber; but all these numbers are guesses until I go in for an alignment.
Car was almost done and ready for alignment (no more rubbing or ugly gap); but the FRS broke so I had to raise the car up to DD and handle the nasty MN roads.
Once the FRS is done I'll lower it again and get some nice photos to show. Plus I'm also waiting on my wheel caps, they've been on a 4-week back order.
post Jun 8, 2018 - 7:53 AM
+Quote Post
cheela

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 2, '07
From Berlin, WI
Currently Offline

****... that sucks. new car breaking down before the old car. .lol.
They don't make'm like they used to.

--------------------

post Jun 11, 2018 - 8:57 PM
+Quote Post
TimeslideZ

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 9, '16
From Minnesota
Currently Offline

I know right? Whelps hopefully I can get it fixed soon. Since I drained the FRS tranny I now need new fluid.
Planning on getting some Redline MT90. Since shifting in the Celica has been a bit stiff Imma do a tranny flush too for it.
post Jun 23, 2018 - 9:12 PM
+Quote Post
TimeslideZ

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 9, '16
From Minnesota
Currently Offline

So I did a thing in the meantime b/c I wanted to see what it's like...

Why buy a lip when you can make one?

I'm probably going to run it until it rather falls off (most likely) or when I get an actual pre-face lip.
On the other hand I went to the junkyard and found these:

Got them off an Avalon; going to clean them and try them before I go further and powder coat.
post Jul 26, 2018 - 4:48 AM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

This is what happens when you shift like a gorilla. tongue.gif You should be able to use a punch to get the broken pin out.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Jul 26, 2018 - 12:13 PM
+Quote Post
TimeslideZ

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 9, '16
From Minnesota
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Box @ Jul 26, 2018 - 4:48 AM) *
This is what happens when you shift like a gorilla. tongue.gif You should be able to use a punch to get the broken pin out.

Ha ha I will admit I have done a bit of spirited driving with it, especially in the snow. I'm suspecting it broke before though, but the previous owner welded it in.
I ended up drilling it, which was easier than I expected; but overall probably $100 in parts for replacing a lot of things. But I'm glad I got it up and running again.

I finally got around to lowering the Celica the way I wanted. Coilovers are finally set in, garage-seal lip is holding; just frustrated that my center caps have been on back order since june.
But I got the car ready in time for a family meet.

Bonus image: my nephew's ST185 RC that he recently imported over.

Not sure what's next. More body work? Engine upgrade? We shall see... Probably should track it one of these days.

This post has been edited by TimeslideZ: Jul 26, 2018 - 12:13 PM
post Jul 26, 2018 - 12:21 PM
+Quote Post
cheela

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 2, '07
From Berlin, WI
Currently Offline

Looking good! I miss driving mine. it's stuck in the garage behind 2 engines. hahaha.
That RC looks awesome!!

as for next mods, I say turbo or supercharge. biggrin.gif!!!!

--------------------

post Jul 26, 2018 - 12:27 PM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

I keep wanting to order center caps for my Volks but I don’t want to wait as long for the caps as I did for the wheels, and they really put some “just because we can” prices on them.

--------------------
"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others labored hard for." -Socrates. Even Socrates told us to use the search button!

2006 Aston Martin V8 Vantage.
1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2022 4Runner TRD Off Road Prenium.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post Jul 26, 2018 - 12:27 PM
+Quote Post
ricochet1490

Enthusiast
Joined May 3, '11
From Ohio
Currently Offline

Still probably a top 5 car for me on here. Like it came from the factory that way. Keep on keeping it classy. Beautiful.

--------------------
post Jul 26, 2018 - 12:55 PM
+Quote Post
TimeslideZ

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 9, '16
From Minnesota
Currently Offline

QUOTE (cheela @ Jul 26, 2018 - 12:21 PM) *
Looking good! I miss driving mine. it's stuck in the garage behind 2 engines. hahaha.
That RC looks awesome!!

as for next mods, I say turbo or supercharge. biggrin.gif!!!!

I was thinking that too; I recently joined the 1mz group on facebook and man the number of trd superchargers... But reading tonythetigers "words of wisdom" on the solaraguy forum, I may end up trying for turbo if I can.

QUOTE (richee3 @ Jul 26, 2018 - 12:27 PM) *
I keep wanting to order center caps for my Volks but I don’t want to wait as long for the caps as I did for the wheels, and they really put some “just because we can” prices on them.

Seriously! My blue one's came in (I ordered a pair of blue and a pair of red) fine; but holy crap the wait time from ft86 factory. We'll see if they "come in August." If I have to wait another month Imma ask for a refund and order elsewhere.

QUOTE (ricochet1490 @ Jul 26, 2018 - 12:27 PM) *
Still probably a top 5 car for me on here. Like it came from the factory that way. Keep on keeping it classy. Beautiful.

Thanks man!
post Jul 26, 2018 - 9:58 PM
+Quote Post
BonzaiCelica

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 24, '08
From Orange County, CA
Currently Offline

astonishing!!!

--------------------
For Sale Items:

8 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
6 User(s) are reading this topic (6 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 28th, 2024 - 8:47 AM