6G Celicas Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

400 Pages V  « < 321 322 323 324 325 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Teh Official "Dude Where's My Forum?" Thread, Brought to you by the minds of Box, and her fiancée, Lorelei
post Apr 10, 2019 - 9:18 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

So would it be inappropriate to say that this confirms that the Celica and Miata are both girly cars?

--------------------
post Apr 10, 2019 - 10:17 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

QUOTE (bryanf @ Apr 9, 2019 - 12:20 PM) *
QUOTE (Box @ Apr 8, 2019 - 9:38 PM) *
Well once brother fixes the Firebird I've definitely decided on getting a NB2 Miata in one of the various shades of blue or that one year only teal. I tossed around the idea of a 3.0 Z3 but for what a remotely decent one costs it'd take all the proceeds of selling the Firebird and then that's not wise for a car you don't know the history of much less a German one. Plus it's yet another compromise for power given its weight and E30 trailing arm rear suspension, and the BMW I6 is ok on sound. Then I thought about the MR2 and MR2 Spyder, but then they're harder to work on and would need LSD added though I suppose if a not fire engine red hardtop SW was found I'd put up with such. Really that's about it. I like smaller and lighter cars and I've reached a point where I rather not have power in something I like and can drive versus something I barely use the power in and don't care for driving much aside from the exhaust note, but none of that matters when you can't even drive it. That and I know how well the NB2 rides stock and I know I like it overall as a car already, so there's that too. Oh yeah, there's also the Pontiac Solstice/Saturn Sky but don't think could find a GXP/Redline within budget otherwise that'd be a stronger contender.

Curious why you're not interested in a BRZ/86.

Oh there's plenty of other cars I'd be interested in, but it comes down to $$$. If I had the money I'd be getting an Elise or Evora yesterday, that or a Boxster/Cayman but alas I don't. So pretty much $6,000 or less is what I have to work with, whatever I get from the Firebird. C5 Corvette would probably be ideal, but again money. Though there's also the issue of clutch weight, which the Miata has the lightest around probably so there's that.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Apr 10, 2019 - 10:20 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Bitter @ Apr 10, 2019 - 9:18 PM) *
So would it be inappropriate to say that this confirms that the Celica and Miata are both girly cars?

Well that'd also mean the Firebird, Supra, and 3000GT are also girly cars. tongue.gif That's ok now I can perpetuate the stigma that the Miata is a chick car single-handedly. laugh.gif

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Apr 10, 2019 - 11:57 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Box @ Apr 10, 2019 - 10:20 PM) *
QUOTE (Bitter @ Apr 10, 2019 - 9:18 PM) *

Well that'd also mean the Firebird, Supra, and 3000GT are also girly cars. tongue.gif That's ok now I can perpetuate the stigma that the Miata is a chick car single-handedly. laugh.gif

yes but you've only owned one of those 3 cars so.... laugh.gif

--------------------
post Apr 11, 2019 - 3:38 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

I've owned all three. I had an '88 and an '89 Supra as well as a '94 3000GT before the Celica. I don't think I have any pictures of the Supras since that was before I had PhotoBucket but here's a pic of the 3000GT:

My mom's Charger is in the background.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Apr 11, 2019 - 8:54 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

Oh, I guess I'm not up to snuff on the vehicular legacy of Box. 3000GT, you're just a glutton for pain but they do look nice and that pearl is a great color in any lighting.

--------------------
post Apr 11, 2019 - 9:58 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

The pearl white was the best part of the car, that and the headlights and interior were quite nice for the time.

Let's see....
1988 Supra
1989 Supra
1967 Coupe DeVille
1994 3000GT
1995 Celica
1990 Miata
1979 Firebird
1996 Firebird
'01-05 Miata?

Hopefully a NB2 Miata is the end of the line, I've grown tired of the car buying and selling game. Which is why I'm insisting on one of the blue or teal ones, as I've always wanted a car where I loved the paint. The Miata, in NB2 form anyway, was perfectly fine stock so outside of changing the 16x6.5 probably with all seasons for some 15x8 with sticky summer tires it should be good as is. I'm done with being concerned about power so that's moot, but the NB2 was adequate in that regard anyway.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Apr 13, 2019 - 11:35 AM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

You've had more cars than I've had....anything except computers and tools.

--------------------
post Apr 13, 2019 - 6:34 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

I know right, and I'm tired of it. The plan is to keep the Miata forever, so I'm going to only buy one in blue or teal. MAYBE black if a nice one came along at the right price and then could just vinyl wrap or Autoflex it purple... I think ideally I'd find a '03 SE 6-speed since it's the nicest of the blues, and it wouldn't have tan/beige interior.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Apr 15, 2019 - 4:02 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Brother finally caught the paint and body guy that comes by at Maserati and the guy said he'd only charge $450 to fix everything to daily driver condition, or would charge $750 for show car condition. Hell the rest of the car is 20 something years old so I suspect even daily driver condition will stick out... At any rate the guy said my brother could try fixing it first and wouldn't charge any more if it didn't turn out well, or would charge even less if the preparation was at least right. For what it'd cost in materials anyway might as well just have the professional do it, if his work is good enough for a new Maserati it should be plenty fine for an old Firebird. Also my brother asked about what kind of filler to use and the guy said he'd just melt and fold over the raised plastic and smooth it out, so I guess he's some kind of wizard.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Apr 16, 2019 - 9:35 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

OH YEAH, between all the excitement of returning I forgot to mention my brother has a new toy. Will have to get a picture tomorrow after he gets back from work tomorrow, but I can drop a few hints; It's German, RWD, and manual. I also refuse to let him ruin it like he did the Genesis.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Apr 16, 2019 - 9:36 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Box @ Apr 16, 2019 - 9:35 PM) *
OH YEAH, between all the excitement of returning I forgot to mention my brother has a new toy. Will have to get a picture tomorrow after he gets back from work tomorrow, but I can drop a few hints; It's German, RWD, and manual. I also refuse to let him ruin it like he did the Genesis.

He got a Saturn Sky?!? (kind of German, it's an Opel sort of)

--------------------
post Apr 16, 2019 - 11:04 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Haha, no it's not a badge engineered car. It's a German branded car made in Germany.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Apr 17, 2019 - 6:34 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

OMG I NEED TO BUY ONE OF THESE CARS!
http://www.bittercars.com/
IT'S LITERALLY GOT MY NAME ALL OVER IT!

--------------------
post Apr 17, 2019 - 6:41 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Buy this one: http://www.bittercars.com/registry/registr...ssis&id=554

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Apr 17, 2019 - 7:40 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Well here it is, a 2008 BMW 335i:

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Apr 17, 2019 - 8:33 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

My mom's neighbor has/had an 07 328xi for $6k up for sale with 120K miles, I was a hard pass on that deal.

--------------------
post Apr 17, 2019 - 8:39 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Box @ Apr 17, 2019 - 6:41 PM) *

All the parts that car is made from look vaguely familiar like I've seen them before but I just can't place my finger on where.

--------------------
post Apr 17, 2019 - 8:42 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

This one has 70K miles and came with all the aftermarket bolt-ons for the engine as well as the tuner. Allegedly it should have around 500 hp at the flywheel with the bolt-ons and tune, definitely feels a good bit faster than the Genesis and Firebird so I have no reason to doubt it's in the 400-500 range.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Apr 17, 2019 - 8:51 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Bitter @ Apr 17, 2019 - 8:39 PM) *
QUOTE (Box @ Apr 17, 2019 - 6:41 PM) *

All the parts that car is made from look vaguely familiar like I've seen them before but I just can't place my finger on where.

Looks to be a Pontiac G8 GXP for the most part.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed

400 Pages V  « < 321 322 323 324 325 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
5 User(s) are reading this topic (5 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 28th, 2024 - 1:30 PM