> b22ri22an 96 vert, Car sold please close
post Apr 8, 2013 - 11:15 AM
+Quote Post
Smaay

Enthusiast
Joined Dec 8, '03
From Lancaster CA
Currently Offline

looks good with the 7th gen GT-S wheels. tell me more about how you hooked up that tablet. that looks cool!

--------------------
2001 Celica GT-S Turbo
1997 Supra TT 6speed
1997 Celica 3MZ/1MZ swap
1990 Celica All-Trac
post Apr 8, 2013 - 11:53 AM
+Quote Post
b22ri22an

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 2, '10
From Davenport, Florida
Currently Offline

tablet install on the dash was the easiest part grab a black crystal hard case off of ebay and notch the top left and right corners out so its easy to drop the tablet in and pull it out. then grab some automotive grade double sided tape like used on exterior trim pieces and mount the crystal case over the double din opening. you now have a perfectly minimalistic nexus 7 dock.

inside the dash: pick up a lighter socket adapter with at least 2 usb power ports and 2 accessory 12v ports chop the plug in part and hardwire it to power and ground on an accessory switched hot. make sure you use a power noise filter on this. then pick up a usb bluetooth audio gateway, a nexus 7 charger, a usb extension that will reach to the center armrest (for phone charging), a 12v accessory extension to the center armrest , 2 stereo line noise filters and lastly a line level volume potentiometer to install where the cig lighter was for volume control.

sorry for the crude schematic but it was easer then trying to type how i hooked it up... and sorry for not putting power to the front amp in the schematic it obviously needs power too doh!

ui screenshot of how i have my tablet configured in the car

This post has been edited by b22ri22an: May 21, 2013 - 8:37 AM

--------------------
post Apr 14, 2013 - 3:32 AM
+Quote Post
b22ri22an

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 2, '10
From Davenport, Florida
Currently Offline

all the suspension parts have arrived except my springs frown.gif not even a shipping notice yet... i am worried i am going to get a discontinued or no stock email any day followed by a 5 business day wait for a refund frown.gif

shop appointment for monday the 22nd to install my new suspension and the new header and downpipe I got from Antz5SFE. hope I can score my springs before then.

--------------------
post Apr 20, 2013 - 4:00 AM
+Quote Post
b22ri22an

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 2, '10
From Davenport, Florida
Currently Offline

all the parts are finally in... springs arrived early evening friday, monday morning she goes into the shop and by tuesday afternoon it should have the almost full suspension rebuild done.

next project in que is changing my seats from vinyl leatherette to a suede like material, I've already contacted doggy on the material. probably be ordering them in a the next 2 weeks.

--------------------
post Apr 21, 2013 - 1:32 PM
+Quote Post
ricochet1490

Enthusiast
Joined May 3, '11
From Ohio
Currently Offline

Sounds hella comfortable

--------------------
post Apr 22, 2013 - 7:21 AM
+Quote Post
b22ri22an

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 2, '10
From Davenport, Florida
Currently Offline

today's the day.... headed to the shop now with all the new suspension parts smile.gif

--------------------
post Apr 24, 2013 - 12:05 PM
+Quote Post
b22ri22an

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 2, '10
From Davenport, Florida
Currently Offline

picked my car up today suspension upgrades and repairs are now done pics of the drop after i wash the car... still has some mechanics greasy fingerprints i need to wash off.

--------------------
post Apr 24, 2013 - 12:44 PM
+Quote Post
b22ri22an

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 2, '10
From Davenport, Florida
Currently Offline

man she feels great now, grabs the road instantly now instead of squatting in and taking off. I had no idea my suspension was in that bad of shape till i now know what it feels like in new shape. no more wheel shimmeys no more vibrations in the steering wheel. I highly recommend the poly bushings for the control arms the ride isn't too stiff like i was fearing but stiff enough to make the car feel very nimble

exhaust leak is finally gone now that i have changed the manifold, new manifold looks good and has improved throttle response... butt dyno says maybe a lil more power but not much. i think the suspension upgrade did more for acceleration then the header but my old manifold had a leak so it needed to be replaced anyway

total cost of this recent upgrade $2040.00 after all parts, labor, shipping, and taxes. well worth it for the way it rides now

This post has been edited by b22ri22an: Apr 24, 2013 - 12:48 PM

--------------------
post Apr 24, 2013 - 4:58 PM
+Quote Post
Antz5SFE

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 3, '12
From Philadelphia, PA
Currently Offline

looking good!
post May 8, 2013 - 2:02 PM
+Quote Post
b22ri22an

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 2, '10
From Davenport, Florida
Currently Offline

was tired of my seats not feeling right and the drivers side new cover was all torn up so thanks to kimnieves i got a good set of cloth seats some new door panels and a spare convertible top at an awesome price thanks man i owe ya big time

--------------------
post May 8, 2013 - 3:50 PM
+Quote Post
dennll

Enthusiast

Joined May 3, '13
From VA
Currently Offline

QUOTE (b22ri22an @ May 8, 2013 - 2:02 PM) *
was tired of my seats not feeling right and the drivers side new cover was all torn up so thanks to kimnieves i got a good set of cloth seats some new door panels and a spare convertible top at an awesome price thanks man i owe ya big time

Man, what was wrong with those seats you had custom made? They were beautiful! I've got a 25th anniversary in black as well, had it a year but just now starting to pay it some attention. Yours is looking/sounding great!

No issues mixing the OESpectrum struts with the lowering springs? I thought you had to get performance struts that would support the shorter spring (I am NOT a strut expert - not even a novice! but I thought I read that somewhere)...
post May 8, 2013 - 4:08 PM
+Quote Post
b22ri22an

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 2, '10
From Davenport, Florida
Currently Offline

the vinyl didn't hold up to its heavy useage, it was trashed, and there was something wrong with the frame of driver seat that i always could feel the metal even though it was a new cushion. the suspension springs are made to go on regular struts and lower the vehicle as long as its a quality strut its fine. i drive a lot and hard for work which blows struts much faster then most people this is my 2nd full set in a little over 3 years.

--------------------
post May 9, 2013 - 2:44 AM
+Quote Post
b22ri22an

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 2, '10
From Davenport, Florida
Currently Offline

just as a side note i'm still gonna get the suede covers for the seats, the new seats were more for repair of the seats themselves then as a permanent solution. I now no longer feel the seat frame pressing into my right butt cheek, don't have a damaged driver side foam upper that was destroying covers anymore, and both headrests are no longer leaking foam fuzzies and are actually attached to the posts rather then wobbling on them. the rear seats I changed just so the seats all match till I can get the money for the new covers and have them installed.

--------------------
post May 10, 2013 - 4:57 AM
+Quote Post
dennll

Enthusiast

Joined May 3, '13
From VA
Currently Offline

QUOTE (b22ri22an @ May 9, 2013 - 2:44 AM) *
just as a side note i'm still gonna get the suede covers for the seats, the new seats were more for repair of the seats themselves then as a permanent solution. I now no longer feel the seat frame pressing into my right butt cheek, don't have a damaged driver side foam upper that was destroying covers anymore, and both headrests are no longer leaking foam fuzzies and are actually attached to the posts rather then wobbling on them. the rear seats I changed just so the seats all match till I can get the money for the new covers and have them installed.

Yeah, I've got those same seats currently in mine. Feel the frame on the LEFT butt cheek. :-] Ever figure out why the new foam didn't fix the issue? Is that foam easy to get? Would love to rebuild mine.
post May 11, 2013 - 3:37 AM
+Quote Post
b22ri22an

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 2, '10
From Davenport, Florida
Currently Offline

problem wasnt the foam... even tho the foam i replaced was bad, the frame itself was slightly bent upwards making the one side push up further so i felt the frame thru the foam...
getting new foam wasnt hard, call up partznet give them your vin and they will send you the right foam for your car... cant remember what i paid but it wasnt outrageous

--------------------
post May 20, 2013 - 2:09 PM
+Quote Post
b22ri22an

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 2, '10
From Davenport, Florida
Currently Offline

ok i'm at a crossroads right now, looking for input from other members. after seeing a photoshopped pic of a vert with a curren nose, i'm really leaning towards getting a curren nose put on. To me it looks less flashy and more classy then the 4 round heads, also starting to consider the 1mzfe swap. what do you guys think of a 1mzfe curren convertible

photoshop courtesy of smkr3w

--------------------
post May 20, 2013 - 2:27 PM
+Quote Post
cheela

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 2, '07
From Berlin, WI
Currently Offline

I say go for it!
It'd be the first 1mz curren convert on the forum i believe.
be unique and stand out from the rest of us. hahaha laugh.gif

--------------------

*1997 Celica ST - 3SGE Greytop BEAMS
*1977 Celica RA29 - Classic Cruiser
*2005 Matrix AWD - dedded but still hanging around like a ghost
2019 Rav4 XLE Premium - Sports mode is fun.
post Jun 15, 2013 - 6:29 AM
+Quote Post
saleenvic

Enthusiast
Joined May 3, '12
From Northern VA
Currently Offline

Great job on the vert, looks really clean man. I also put in one of those Alpine Power Packs and removed the stock amplifier,, what a difference. I did notice that I'm getting light engine noise coming from the speakers, have you had the same issue with your unit? Its fairly low on my end, so I'm fairly certain a filter will take care of the problem, just curious thats all. thanks.
post Jun 15, 2013 - 3:31 PM
+Quote Post
b22ri22an

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 2, '10
From Davenport, Florida
Currently Offline

yeah filter the hot wire with a power filter and make sure your using a good ground and that noise will be gone

--------------------
post Jun 15, 2013 - 7:20 PM
+Quote Post
saleenvic

Enthusiast
Joined May 3, '12
From Northern VA
Currently Offline

QUOTE (b22ri22an @ Jun 15, 2013 - 3:31 PM) *
yeah filter the hot wire with a power filter and make sure your using a good ground and that noise will be gone

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. Btw If you're going to go with a curren front, I agree with most, definately go for it.

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 28th, 2024 - 6:55 PM