> Mods that work on st204, Mods that work on st204
post Jan 1, 2018 - 7:06 PM
+Quote Post
VeikkoPii

Enthusiast

Joined Jan 1, '18
From Maine
Currently Offline

Hi all, just recently picked up a 1996 Toyota celica gt I believe the "gold package" for a really good price... ive been looking around trying to figure out what kind of mods you can do to a st204 that are on other cars, such as exaust. I've seen little to no full exaust's for the st204 but there are plenty for the st205 (gt-four). Will a gt four exaust bolt up to the factory headers? I really want to start doing mods to my car but just finding them is my issue. If there's a list of thing's that are compatible with my car please link them! Thank you!
post Jan 1, 2018 - 8:51 PM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

search is going to be your friend. not a lot of support for the cars, see what other people have done, sadly parts are not existent anymore.... even body kits are crap now a days, getting a good one is rare..

--------------------
Learned a lot in 10 years... I hardly log in anymore, last login Today Sept 6 2019, and I was forced just to clarify a post. LOL

If you PM me and I dont respond, dont fret or cry. Im alive, better post your questions in the thread below, maybe I log back in

2grfe Swapped... Why I chose the 2GR, before you ask read here...

A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.

@llamaraxing in Instagram is the best way to find me. I hardly log here anymore.
post Jan 1, 2018 - 10:09 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Your best bet with a 6th gen is to focus on things like handling; suspension, brakes, rims and tires, etc... If you want power the only way to get it is to swap to a 3S-GTE, 3S-GE BEAMS, or a 1MZ/3MZ V6. Which as far as suspension goes parts are limited these days, you can still find some new old stock Tein coil-overs for now but otherwise it's the Taiwanese parts bin. Suspension Techniques used to make sways, but rather they still do I doubt it. Which the most important upgrade, your rims and tires, there're still options since it's an universal part. Some lightweight 16x8 wrapped in high performance summer tires will go a long way towards improving performance, if you can find good tires in 15" then you can do that too. Another thing that really doesn't help in performance but more so with driving feel is the short shifter and shifter bushing kit for a 7th gen Celica, around $40 or so for a Megan Racing one.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Jan 1, 2018 - 10:18 PM
+Quote Post
VeikkoPii

Enthusiast

Joined Jan 1, '18
From Maine
Currently Offline

So the 7th gen celica short shifter will work for the 6th gen? These are the kinds of things I'm trying to figure out
post Jan 2, 2018 - 2:08 AM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Yup: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Megan-Short-Throw-...EVM&vxp=mtr

Then there's the generic ones for less: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Quick-Short-Throw-...dVn&vxp=mtr
https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-HEAVY-STEEL-00...;-1&vxp=mtr

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Jan 2, 2018 - 8:09 PM
+Quote Post
ILoveMySilly97

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 8, '12
From Hanford/Fresno, Ca
Currently Offline

Coilovers, end links, sway bars, brake caliper, stainless braided lines, upgrade rotor&brake pads, and 5x114.3 conversion, ebay header, injen carb legal intake or weaponR intake. Can't forget the most important thing, good wheels and sticky tires. <-----these are all bolt on upgrade options. More info can be found on google or search the forums.

Other than the stuff mentioned above is custom work. Like engine swap, exhaust, widebody, gt4 conversion, etc. etc.

--------------------
post Jan 4, 2019 - 10:27 PM
+Quote Post
Reni

Enthusiast

Joined Sep 24, '18
From Sunnyvale, CA
Currently Offline

QUOTE (ILoveMySilly97 @ Jan 2, 2018 - 9:09 PM) *
Coilovers, end links, sway bars, brake caliper, stainless braided lines, upgrade rotor&brake pads, and 5x114.3 conversion, ebay header, injen carb legal intake or weaponR intake. Can't forget the most important thing, good wheels and sticky tires. <-----these are all bolt on upgrade options. More info can be found on google or search the forums.

Other than the stuff mentioned above is custom work. Like engine swap, exhaust, widebody, gt4 conversion, etc. etc.

Speaking on terms of suspension, Megan racing still makes coilovers, and hell, the suspension set up is the same as for any ST model (ST204, 205, 202 etc), even GT-4 stuff. For the convertible model of the t20s it's all still in the same place, just behind the convertible top's holding bay. I'm currently running Megans in my 97 convertible, but BC and Fortune make new ones, as well as Tein i believe. Really check places like Ebay as well for second-hand ones. They are around, hope is not too lost yet lol.

With exhaust, there are plenty of videos on youtube of the different sounds different mods can make. Upgrading to a 3" pipe from the cat back does a bit of work, but I know jack about how that affects power. Cat delete if you can, even resonator may help.

With tires and handling related things, I mean these cars as much as it sucks to say really suck when slammed or dropped at all. I was at about 2 or 2.5" above my wheels at stock height, and with the megan coils in, i got down to 1.5", but handling suffered horribly, so hard to turn it felt like power steering just took a back seat for a bit, and I had wheel scrub on my 205/15s, inside the wheel well AND on my fender. PLUS! Speed bumps were the death of me and even my cat suffered a bit too. Mainly the main support beam but still. frown.gif I'm considering going rally aes with my car, even raising it up past stock, cutting into the fenders and adding flares, and running 215s, maybe even 225s on larger rims however. I'm just trying to get the best handling out of the car, really especially if you are going to use it for toge runs, or autocross, hell even track, it's something to keep in mind, no matter how JDM stance-y you want to look, it'll suffer.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 28th, 2024 - 3:21 AM