> TSZ 1MZ-FE, The project car
post Mar 7, 2018 - 9:27 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

It's mostly due to the fact it usually turns into ice as soon as it hits the roads, that and we don't have the infrastructure in place to deal with it and I'd be surprised if 1% of the population here has winter tires. So the cost of shutting down the state for one day once in a blue moon is a lot less than the cost of maintaining infrastructure that may not see use but once every few years. I think the last time we had any notable snow was back in '93? when there was a freak blizzard.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Mar 8, 2018 - 1:09 PM
+Quote Post
TimeslideZ

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 9, '16
From Minnesota
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Box @ Mar 7, 2018 - 9:27 PM) *
It's mostly due to the fact it usually turns into ice as soon as it hits the roads, that and we don't have the infrastructure in place to deal with it and I'd be surprised if 1% of the population here has winter tires. So the cost of shutting down the state for one day once in a blue moon is a lot less than the cost of maintaining infrastructure that may not see use but once every few years. I think the last time we had any notable snow was back in '93? when there was a freak blizzard.

That's what I'd figured, but I mean if I moved there that would be just fine with me too. Lol go DRIFFTTOOOO in the FRS w/ some summer tires haha. We'll see though, I haven't gotten anything back from my bud about a job. Been getting more luck up here instead.
post Mar 24, 2018 - 5:22 PM
+Quote Post
TimeslideZ

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 9, '16
From Minnesota
Currently Offline

FINALLY, it's warm enough (and I have enough will) to finally work on her. Got around to replacing the outer shaft of the passenger side. Was a lot easier than I thought.
Don't judge me; but you can see my old "band aid" for the axle before I found a car for winter. If I knew it was this easy I would've done it waayyyyyyyyy earlier; but I was also lazy.

Took the car for a spin, it feels much better! But I definitely gotta get used to all the noise and feel of the car again. It feels so different compared to the FR-S.
Seats don't hold as tight as the FR-S, feel like I'm sitting a lot higher, even though both cars sit pretty low.
BUTTTTT, man do I MISS the V6 torque he he. extra 50 lbs do make a difference, especially with the FR-S torque dip.

But I still need to replace the clutch master cylinder; forgot that the pedal kept sinking before I stored it for winter.

Next step is to get a new set of wheels, that way I can throw my 5zigens on the FR-S.
Been looking and it's difficult to find a wheel w/ the specs I want unless I wanna spend BIG.
post Mar 24, 2018 - 5:25 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Torque is life.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Apr 15, 2018 - 10:22 PM
+Quote Post
TimeslideZ

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 9, '16
From Minnesota
Currently Offline

Well... That was awfully quick of me to suddenly just get a new set of wheels; I've been pondering about this for a while. But then tonight... Suddenly POOF! There goes $1500. Guess you'll have to wait until they arrive (or when this damn blizzard in the MIDDLE OF APRIL goes away).
post Apr 15, 2018 - 10:33 PM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

Hopefully yours arrive faster than mine. I wish a blizzard was the only delay for me!

--------------------
"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others labored hard for." -Socrates. Even Socrates told us to use the search button!

2006 Aston Martin V8 Vantage.
1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2022 4Runner TRD Off Road Prenium.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post Apr 17, 2018 - 9:22 PM
+Quote Post
cheela

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 2, '07
From Berlin, WI
Currently Offline

you're gonna need a photoshoot soon. smile.gif

--------------------

*1997 Celica ST - 3SGE Greytop BEAMS
*1977 Celica RA29 - Classic Cruiser
*2005 Matrix AWD - dedded but still hanging around like a ghost
2019 Rav4 XLE Premium - Sports mode is fun.
post Apr 17, 2018 - 9:57 PM
+Quote Post
TimeslideZ

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 9, '16
From Minnesota
Currently Offline

QUOTE (richee3 @ Apr 15, 2018 - 11:33 PM) *
Hopefully yours arrive faster than mine. I wish a blizzard was the only delay for me!

Ha ha it was a pretty bad blizzard though; but that was before I ordered lol. Still gonna have to wait like 3 months before the snow actually disappears from MN.

QUOTE (cheela @ Apr 17, 2018 - 10:22 PM) *
you're gonna need a photoshoot soon. smile.gif

He he I'll wait until yours is ready too, we can do it together! Lol
post Apr 17, 2018 - 10:02 PM
+Quote Post
cheela

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 2, '07
From Berlin, WI
Currently Offline

definitely! I'm about to drop $1500+ for my swap parts too.

--------------------

post Apr 22, 2018 - 10:37 PM
+Quote Post
TimeslideZ

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 9, '16
From Minnesota
Currently Offline

QUOTE (cheela @ Apr 17, 2018 - 11:02 PM) *
definitely! I'm about to drop $1500+ for my swap parts too.

Dang.... But it's gonna be a beast when it's done. Cannot wait to see it!

I'm still debating what I want to do next with the car. Maybe continue going for looks until I give up and strip the car for track.

Mmmmm... trd front spats, treacle fenders, ss-4 conversion, bodywork and repaint... SO MUCH MONEYYYYYYYY
post Apr 23, 2018 - 7:58 AM
+Quote Post
cheela

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 2, '07
From Berlin, WI
Currently Offline

hopefully before summer ends but it's a slow moving swap right now.

I mean that's all that's left to do for yours. You got performance and suspension upgrades already so not much left to do besides make it look good. lol

--------------------

post Apr 25, 2018 - 10:08 PM
+Quote Post
TimeslideZ

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 9, '16
From Minnesota
Currently Offline

Ahh well when you do let us know, ha ha fall is still a very nice time to do nice pictures.

Yeah that's what I was thinking too, maybe if anything some coilo-overs (or BAG IT) and refreshing some old stuff.
Cosmetic and body work take up a lot. Who knows, maybe I'll be like TonytheTiger and build a 800hp 1mz LOL.
post Apr 26, 2018 - 8:00 AM
+Quote Post
cheela

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 2, '07
From Berlin, WI
Currently Offline

you should get the MN gang together and head down to the midwest meet. who's got their cars running anyways?

--------------------

post Apr 27, 2018 - 7:21 PM
+Quote Post
TimeslideZ

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 9, '16
From Minnesota
Currently Offline

Lol I don't even know if my car will be ready by then! I'll try but I haven't meet all the 6gc folks here, let alone know more than like 4 guys lolol.
Lauv and his K24 probably won't be running until fall. Tao and his buddies red 3s' always be fishing or hunting during the weekend.
I can probably get Joe and his white 5s, but idk if he fixed it yet. Then there's the random people I don't know about. But I'll try lol, if the date is still May 19th hahahaha
post Apr 29, 2018 - 10:41 PM
+Quote Post
block

Enthusiast
Joined Jul 27, '06
From Soda
Currently Offline

Met Tao today. Doesn't sound like he's going to be out and about anytime soon. He's getting ready for fishing season lol.

--------------------
post Apr 30, 2018 - 10:02 AM
+Quote Post
cheela

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 2, '07
From Berlin, WI
Currently Offline

QUOTE (block @ Apr 29, 2018 - 10:41 PM) *
Met Tao today. Doesn't sound like he's going to be out and about anytime soon. He's getting ready for fishing season lol.

LOL figured as much. but it's fishing season all year round for guys like him. haha

--------------------

post Apr 30, 2018 - 9:03 PM
+Quote Post
TimeslideZ

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 9, '16
From Minnesota
Currently Offline

Yep, lol that's why it's so hard to meet up w/ him. Even during the weekdays it's super-last minute to the meets.
Hmmm I'll post up on the local Toyota forums, see if I can find other 6gc guys to bring down (if I even come to the meet lol).
post May 1, 2018 - 9:17 AM
+Quote Post
CoolZeen

Enthusiast
Joined May 30, '16
From wild 100's, South Chicago
Currently Offline

QUOTE (TimeslideZ @ Apr 30, 2018 - 9:03 PM) *
Yep, lol that's why it's so hard to meet up w/ him. Even during the weekdays it's super-last minute to the meets.
Hmmm I'll post up on the local Toyota forums, see if I can find other 6gc guys to bring down (if I even come to the meet lol).

you bETTER...!!
post May 2, 2018 - 11:12 PM
+Quote Post
TimeslideZ

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 9, '16
From Minnesota
Currently Offline

QUOTE (CoolZeen @ May 1, 2018 - 10:17 AM) *
you bETTER...!!

Alright sent out to my local Toyota FB groups, we'll see if anyone's interested and able.

As for update if you haven't seen it on FB then there's not a lot... Just a master clutch cylinder replacement before I went out to a big meet opener...

And changing wheels...

TWICE!!! I finally got my new wheels in, Gram Lights 57CR in 17x9 +38mm.

Had them for a bit, wasn't sure which tires to get. But I ended up getting the new Dunlop Direzza Z3.
Here's all the wheels and tires fitted into my celica as I take it to a shop to mount them.

I got the front fitted, does poke out a very little bit; rubs over bigger bumps. Interestingly enough my driver side pokes up probably 1-2mm more than my passenger.
Might be the axles, or just the fenders lol. Anyhow though my rear DO NOT FIT ... With the 20mm spacers that is. So I'm planning to cut my studs to fit them.

Pictures will be up sometime soon, as I still have a few more things coming and maybe... Just maybe... Coilovers as well.
post May 3, 2018 - 12:34 AM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Get some open ended lug nuts that fits your studs and have them below where you're cutting, so then after cutting you take the lug nut off and it cleans up and straightens out the threads for you.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed

8 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 28th, 2024 - 7:39 AM