> Today I..., Super Non-Celica Edition 2000 MKVIII
post May 26, 2017 - 5:52 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Springville, AL
Currently Offline

Congrats on the little ones! Hopefully everything continues to go well for them and the misses.

--------------------

1996 Pontiac Firebird Formula hardtop 6-speed
post May 26, 2017 - 6:17 PM
+Quote Post
rentaspace

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 23, '12
From Australia
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Box @ May 26, 2017 - 6:52 PM) *
Congrats on the little ones! Hopefully everything continues to go well for them and the misses.

Thanks!
Everything has been going well so far, they have already progressed from tube feeding to mostly bottle/breast feeding which is a big step in the right direction!

--------------------

Celica Progress

------------------------------| White '94 Celica | Bought 11/05/12 | Sold 12/05/15 |------------------------------
------------------------------| White '02 N-Edition Caldina | Weekend Car |------------------------------
post May 26, 2017 - 7:23 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Box @ May 26, 2017 - 3:40 PM) *
I was able to swap my RAM over and on reboot it asked to go into setup etc... and it showed it's running dual channel, so that's good I guess. Also was able to get some of my software on and get everything pretty much setup to my liking. So far it's been great and I'm really happy with it, heck it looks like you barely used it.

Why are there some people that put 15's on fourth gens, it just looks wrong. And of course they put like a 275/50-15 on an 8" wide rim to get as much bulge as possible, here let's make it handle worse and look like ass. I shake my head:

And it seems like it's always the LS-1 cars too.

Glad its working out well for you! Yea it's in pretty great shape, someone gave it to me cause they had a newer one or tablet or something.

I think they think it makes it look like they're running fat drag racing tires.

--------------------
post May 26, 2017 - 11:06 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Springville, AL
Currently Offline

Like if it's drag radials on a drag strip that's one thing, but this I don't even know. It just doesn't go with the fourth gen's styling at all, and especially the Firebird. It's like they're trying to copy the old muscle cars that had balloons for tires, and even on most of them I think a little bigger rim and lower profile tire looks better.

--------------------

post Yesterday, 01:59 AM
+Quote Post
1994Celica

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 5, '09
From West Texas, USA
Currently Offline

Was on the Toyota Enthusiast Facebook page and a something familiar popped up. The old 5th gen from Pimp My Ride is on Craigslist. It's in a terrible state now and reminds me of the awful things they due to those cars without addressing anything important.

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/6134409501.html

This post has been edited by 1994Celica: Yesterday, 02:00 AM

--------------------
JDM Part King

post Yesterday, 08:27 AM
+Quote Post
ClevelandGaint

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 12, '13
From Cleveland
Currently Offline

you can not sell the bird! Its the only car that has made you happy since the celica. But i think you just need to come to terms and get another 6gc and call it a night

QUOTE (Box @ May 23, 2017 - 2:47 PM) *
Alrighty, cool beans.

Highly considering putting the Firebird up for sale, I'm just burnt out and done with the solid axle. Was driving down a new backroad earlier(due to road work on my usual) at the posted speed of 35 mph and it was so bad the solid axle was just shimmying and arcing the entire time. I mean it's not like it's uncontrollable, at lower speeds anyway, but it's incredibly annoying. I HATE the solid axle, HATE. Which sucks because I really do like the rest of the car, that and it has without a doubt been the most well maintained and taken care of car I've ever bought. If I lived where the roads were near perfect it wouldn't be that big a deal, but it seems like every road around here has the sole purpose of upsetting a solid axle and in turn pissing me off as much as possible. Obviously I knew it had a solid axle when I bought it but I figured it wouldn't bother me that much and it wouldn't be that bad and that I'd be able to ignore any shortcomings given the bigger picture, I guess I was wrong. The only thing that's stopped me from selling it is because it is so well maintained, that and the only car I'd really want to replace it with is a hardtop Z32 5-speed. The Z32 is somewhat rare to begin with since only some 89,000 were made from '90-96 but then a hardtop is like an unicorn, only some 2,500 hardtops were made over the entire production run...

post Yesterday, 03:40 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Springville, AL
Currently Offline

QUOTE (ClevelandGaint @ May 27, 2017 - 8:27 AM) *
you can not sell the bird! Its the only car that has made you happy since the celica. But i think you just need to come to terms and get another 6gc and call it a night

I know it'd be kind of stupid to sell it all things considered, just having to learn to accept a car for its entirety and not getting caught up in a few flaws that really aren't that big of a deal. I think getting a Z32, NB1, or even another Celica as a second car might be the way to go since that'd offer a different driving experience and would alleviate getting bored with any one car.

--------------------

post Today, 01:04 AM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

I found a large diameter open well on a former military base and based on how long a stone fell before i heard it hit something (first stone never hit anything!) it could be 300-400 or more feet deep! Pulled off 3 ticks at home, 2 bit. Saw a couple Black Racer snakes, one blind while molting and the other pretty mad looking. Took some pictures to try to make a few pano's.

--------------------

206 Pages V  « < 204 205 206
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: May 28th, 2017 - 7:11 AM