6G Celicas Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

400 Pages V  « < 331 332 333 334 335 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Teh Official "Dude Where's My Forum?" Thread, Brought to you by the minds of Box, and her fiancée, Lorelei
post Jul 11, 2019 - 8:15 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Hmmm, also the Advanti Storm if doing 15x8 since they're 11.1 pounds each and are $600 a set:

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Jul 11, 2019 - 8:43 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

Gram Lights 57C or 57F would be my choice, but I've got a thing for 5 spoke wheels.

--------------------
post Jul 11, 2019 - 8:56 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Yeah I was actually thinking some kind of 5 spoke initially since on the Miata it'd be different, but all of the inexpensive lightweight options are 10-12 spokes. The Freeform kinda have that quasi 5 spoke look with the ten spokes depending on how they're rotated, but outside of that... The Gram 57CR are 30,000 yen each for 15x8 4x100, so roughly $1,200 a set. Still isn't terrible I guess, if you aren't entirely broke, but I couldn't find anywhere on the site as to how much they weigh.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Jul 12, 2019 - 6:39 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

Aaaand I broke my little toe when my big pry bar fell off the car I was working on and landed on the side of my foot glancing off the steel cap of my boot and hitting the toe. Nasty bruise on the inside of the toe which is much worse than the bruise where the bar hit on the outside. So I had to work most of the day with a broken toe, good thing I've been working my calves, I can skip and hop like a sumabitch.

--------------------
post Jul 12, 2019 - 6:52 PM
+Quote Post
navseal345

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 17, '09
From Millard, Omaha, Nebraska
Currently Offline

Yep, **** like that happens.
post Jul 12, 2019 - 7:09 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

Just tried to go walk the dogs with her, that was a big NOPE. Got down the driveway and one yard over and threw the leash at her and hopped back on one foot home. Calves don't fail me now!

--------------------
post Jul 12, 2019 - 7:35 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Apparently it's national hurt your feet day, my brother decided to smash his big toe with a wooden crate at work. Though at least the steel toe keep it from breaking, but it's sore apparently.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Jul 13, 2019 - 12:16 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

WHERE'S CHEELA!? I found a car for him.
https://www.duncanimports.com/used/Mitsubis...508e4b7c933.htm

--------------------
post Jul 13, 2019 - 1:07 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Anyone else having old Gran Turismo flashbacks? laugh.gif

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Jul 13, 2019 - 10:28 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

Noticed my toe was rotated so I rotated it back straight and taped it to it's friend again, minus one day of healing lol. That was mildly uncomfortable, mentally and physically.

--------------------
post Jul 14, 2019 - 12:54 AM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Y U NO DOCTOR

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Jul 14, 2019 - 10:28 AM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Box @ Jul 14, 2019 - 12:54 AM) *
Y U NO DOCTOR

For what? To pay several hundred dollars after insurance for an urgent care visit to do exactly what I just did and to tell me to do exactly what I'm currently doing? rolleyes.gif It's a broken small toe, you make sure it's straight and tape it to the one next to it. I don't have an open wound, exposed bone, it's not bleeding, it's not blue, gray, or any weird color besides purple bruise in 2 spots, and it's still attached to my foot. I mean if you're offering to pay then sure, but we'd better go get ice cream after and find me a Taco Bell with that new Ranch Reaper burrito too!

https://youtu.be/yBLdQ1a4-JI Everytime I bump my toe now. laugh.gif

--------------------
post Jul 14, 2019 - 1:47 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

For a splint of course, and to make sure it's properly set. You wouldn't want it to fuse back crooked.

Speaking of Reaper Ranch burrito I had those last night and have half of them in the refrigerator for lunch later. Did one with the steak, but then had the other made with grilled chicken. Pretty good, though it's not anywhere near as spicy as it should be if it actually has Carolina Reaper in it. Then again years ago I didn't think their ghost pepper stuff was spicy either, and then it got pulled because everyone said it was too spicy... *shrugs*

This post has been edited by Box: Jul 14, 2019 - 1:47 PM

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Jul 14, 2019 - 2:26 PM
+Quote Post
cheela

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 2, '07
From Berlin, WI
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Bitter @ Jul 13, 2019 - 12:16 PM) *

I was at a wedding all day yesterday.

hey, I wouldn't mind that at all. it's tiny as heck! lol

--------------------

*1997 Celica ST - 3SGE Greytop BEAMS
*1977 Celica RA29 - Classic Cruiser
*2005 Matrix AWD - dedded but still hanging around like a ghost
2019 Rav4 XLE Premium - Sports mode is fun.
post Jul 14, 2019 - 3:21 PM
+Quote Post
SwissFerdi

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 18, '09
From Orlando
Currently Offline

Gran Turismo was useless looking back because I would just go in hot and bump other cars to get round corners, but the JDM variety was fantastic. That game is responsible for my love of simulations and rally.

--------------------
'97 ST \ Eibach \ KYB \ Kenwood \ Alpine \ Cusco \ OEM+ [sold 10/18]
'93 MX-5 LE
post Jul 14, 2019 - 3:25 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Haha yes, the first games were more on the arcade style with today's simulations but for the time they were definitely more "real" than the other racing/driving games of the time. If it weren't for Gran Turismo and Need for Speed I'd probably be another typical millennial and not care about cars at all, at least they made me care about cars with two doors and manuals. laugh.gif

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Jul 14, 2019 - 5:54 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Box @ Jul 14, 2019 - 1:47 PM) *
For a splint of course, and to make sure it's properly set. You wouldn't want it to fuse back crooked.

Speaking of Reaper Ranch burrito I had those last night and have half of them in the refrigerator for lunch later. Did one with the steak, but then had the other made with grilled chicken. Pretty good, though it's not anywhere near as spicy as it should be if it actually has Carolina Reaper in it. Then again years ago I didn't think their ghost pepper stuff was spicy either, and then it got pulled because everyone said it was too spicy... *shrugs*

For a splint. Really? I don't think you know what the whole visit would cost for a splint and to tell me 'yep that's as good as it's gonna get' laugh.gif I already pay too much for health insurance and you want me to actually go use it, you're a mad man!!

I'm jealous, I miss the rattlesnake burrito so much I want this new one. I wish there was somewhere that would just tell me which TB has it.

QUOTE (cheela @ Jul 14, 2019 - 2:26 PM) *
QUOTE (Bitter @ Jul 13, 2019 - 12:16 PM) *

I was at a wedding all day yesterday.

hey, I wouldn't mind that at all. it's tiny as heck! lol

Mai's in town run around! biggrin.gif

--------------------
post Jul 14, 2019 - 7:31 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

I dunno, I'm more concerned with the placement of body parts I guess. Then again I go to great lengths to prevent injury in the first place.

You can use go to their site and set your store location, it'll grey out or not even show items that aren't available at that location. Also, the $1 cheesy bean & rice burrito is REALLY good if you add sliced jalapenos to it.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Jul 14, 2019 - 9:24 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Apparently I'm crazy in thinking the NB2 is beautiful, though at least my brother agreed with me:

Also hey look, 5-spokes. laugh.gif Gah, now I really want to find some 15x7.5-8 5-spokes. Well, ones that aren't $300 each anyway.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Jul 15, 2019 - 7:53 AM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Box @ Jul 14, 2019 - 7:31 PM) *
You can use go to their site and set your store location, it'll grey out or not even show items that aren't available at that location. Also, the $1 cheesy bean & rice burrito is REALLY good if you add sliced jalapenos to it.

Yeah but then I have to check EVERY single store one at a time, there's many stores. kindasad.gif

--------------------

400 Pages V  « < 331 332 333 334 335 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
8 User(s) are reading this topic (8 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 29th, 2024 - 2:19 AM