> TRD/SS-III Custom Build Thread
post Dec 5, 2015 - 4:46 AM
+Quote Post
JFXtreme007

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 9, '14
From Sydney, Australia
Currently Offline

For those who are interested, here is just a small clip of my exhaust (Details are on my profile:)):

http://vid1272.photobucket.com/albums/y383...zpseyd61kcg.mp4

Tip: Listening with good quality headphones will give you the actual sound!

--------------------
It's not always about how fast a car is, but how it makes you feel.

------> 1997 ST204 Toyota Celica SX <------ Click Here To View My 6gc Thread! :)
-----------> August 2015 COTM! <-----------
post Jan 28, 2016 - 6:58 PM
+Quote Post
LtSolid

Enthusiast
Joined Jan 9, '15
From Freeport, NY
Currently Offline

im still running stock exhaust lol i really want a full upgrade before this summer. what muffler is that?
post Jan 29, 2016 - 4:39 AM
+Quote Post
JFXtreme007

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 9, '14
From Sydney, Australia
Currently Offline

QUOTE (LtSolid @ Jan 29, 2016 - 10:58 AM) *
im still running stock exhaust lol i really want a full upgrade before this summer. what muffler is that?

Stock exhaust wasn't so bad, but hearing the exhaust note is definitely better tongue.gif The muffler is a JDM Prof. Sheepdog muffler, and I got it off another 6GC.net member. Apparently the muffler was actually made specifically for the ST202 Celica smile.gif

QUOTE (LtSolid @ Jan 29, 2016 - 10:58 AM) *

Stock exhaust wasn't so bad, but hearing the exhaust note is definitely better tongue.gif The muffler is a JDM Prof. Sheepdog muffler, and I got it off another 6GC.net member. Apparently the muffler was actually made specifically for the ST202 Celica smile.gif

--------------------

------> 1997 ST204 Toyota Celica SX <------ Click Here To View My 6gc Thread! :)
post Mar 3, 2017 - 11:38 PM
+Quote Post
JFXtreme007

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 9, '14
From Sydney, Australia
Currently Offline

Hey all,

It's been quite a while! Been missing this group so I thought id update you all on what's been happening smile.gif

About a year ago now I test drove a friend's 1999 Honda Integra DC2 Type R and at that moment I decided to sell my 6GC due to there being no BEAMS or 3SGTE engines available (had been that way for some time) and go on the hunt for a Honda Integra DC2 Type R.
After seeing a few I became abit disappointed due to the engine issues that were reoccurring and the struggle to find a stock standard one for a decent price, I even had fellow 6GC member, JoshuaM, check out a Milano Red DC2R in Queensland, sadly it was sold before I could make any sort of arrangements.
After a while I found a Phoenix Yellow DC2R with a JDM front end and Engine conversion, I had all the money ready, however when I went to pick it up I bought a mechanic friend with me and turned out that the engine wasn't very healthy so I gave it a miss.
That weekend a very clean Honda Integra DC5 Type R in Arctic Blue Pearl popped up, so I went to look at it the next day, and the next thing, I had a new car.

2002 Honda Integra DC5 Type R:

Fast-forward 9 months and it had come time to sell this beautiful DC5R, since it was really a car setup for track or weekend driving, dailying it in Sydney traffic just wasn't any fun and since I don't actually own a house and have no room for 2 cars, selling it was the best option. The first guy who came to check the car out was a great guy who I could see would treat the car well, he is the one that bought it from me (He even showed up in his friend's Honda NSX NA1).

So what was next in store!
The search for a reliable new daily had begun!
The first car I thought of (since I wanted to stick to a sports car) was the Toyota GT86, so I decided to go and test drive one.
When I got to the local dealer they had a black manual GTS (Premium Spec for the Australian market) in stock and they let me go on a test drive just by myself.
All in all, I was very impressed with the GT86, I understand how people can feel it as being underpowered on the normal streets (good in traffic though), but get it on a backroad and its perfect, the balance and handling is like nothing I've experienced before an that's stock vs. my Celica and Integra on coilovers.

So my decision was made! I ended up ordering the newer and yet to be released model, being the new facelift 2017 Toyota 86 GTS in pearl white.
Here she is:

To conclude this post,
at the present time I am very happy with my purchase of the 2017 Toyota 86, loving everything about it. I feel it does have a similar feel to the Celica before it, after all it is the 2-door coupe that came after the Celica and that's the reason I chose 86 over BRZ, because the Toyota 86 has a lot more 2-door car heritage in its brands history compared to the BRZ and Subaru.
Hope all you guys are well, I'm continuing to love the builds of all your 6GC's. One day down the line ill get a Celica again, probably a ST185 tongue.gif

--------------------

8 Pages V  « < 6 7 8
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 28th, 2024 - 4:16 PM