> Today I..., Super Non-Celica Edition 2000 MKVIII
post Feb 16, 2017 - 11:11 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

it's generally easier for me, depends on the light and it's intensities. I ran these bulbs in the old projectors at 45W for a while too, but they were so poor in all regards I couldn't really care one way or the other, but above 5000K I dislike for road lighting.

--------------------
post Feb 17, 2017 - 12:40 AM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Springville, AL
Currently Offline

Looking on TRS the other day I noticed OSRAM has 5500K and 6000K bulbs now, and then Philips has a 4800K which was more interesting to me. Though for the price difference, provided I had HIDs anyway, I'd stick with the OSRAM 4200K or Philips 4300K.

Found a Formula in my favourite colour with oval tips:

That's ok I really can't order a tip until after finish moving anyway. Found this oval one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jaguar-Stainless-S...pWZ&vxp=mtr
Then this round one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/PREMIUM-Stainless-...Yey&vxp=mtr

Wait here we go: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1X-Blue-Burnt-Exha...o98&vxp=mtr
That actually looks nicer than what I remember burnt tips looking like, maybe it's actually burnt and that's why. I remember when they first came out it was some kind of paint or coating and it looked terrible.

From what I found it'd appear so:

This post has been edited by Box: Feb 17, 2017 - 1:42 AM

--------------------

1996 Pontiac Firebird Formula hardtop 6-speed
post Feb 17, 2017 - 8:20 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

I think the Yeaky bulbs were worn out or had poor alignment, the XB bulbs are getting me a little better hot spot and light along the cut off. I might try a set of my used OEM bulbs in there to see if it gets any better.

--------------------
post Feb 18, 2017 - 1:30 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

Found out that Mazda Tribute/Ford Escape washer nozzles will fit my 626, but I don't have the spare $20 to spend on them right now.

--------------------
post Feb 21, 2017 - 2:57 AM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Springville, AL
Currently Offline

I know my brother's bulbs need replaced something fierce, but I've finally managed to talk him into doing a D2S setup with at least Morimoto stuff.

Moving has been and continues to be a giant pain in the ass. In somewhat related news on the night over I was behind my brother and according to him my low beams are like having high beams behind you, which is interesting since I've yet to have anyone oncoming flash me. Also since I had a good hour drive I had plenty of time to get them nice and hot and contemplate their colour temperature, I'd say around 3800K is about right.

--------------------

post Yesterday, 02:39 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Springville, AL
Currently Offline

So one upside to moving:

It's actually been quite useful for moving, need to wash it as soon as I have the chance and then can take my time clay barring, polishing, and waxing.

--------------------

post Yesterday, 03:00 PM
+Quote Post
cheela

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 2, '07
From Oshkosh, WI
Currently Offline

nice! garage space is always good.

--------------------
I guess you can say I like Toyota

July 2014 Celica of the month winner
post Yesterday, 04:41 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Springville, AL
Currently Offline

Indeed it's a full basement/garage so it's huge, it's actually my favourite part of the new place. Where the bird is there's just room for one but on the other side easily two and possibly three depending on how long they are, and then it wraps around and there'd be room for a few more cars but with the support beams they'd all have to be Miatas or CRXs to squeeze between them. laugh.gif

--------------------

post Yesterday, 05:17 PM
+Quote Post
cheela

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 2, '07
From Oshkosh, WI
Currently Offline

Sweet!

well, you still like the miata so you could always grab another to put in there. biggrin.gif
as well as another celica. haha

--------------------

post Yesterday, 11:40 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Springville, AL
Currently Offline

I'm excited, now can work on cars whenever and will be able to leave things out and take my time should it be desired or necessary.

I have thought about picking another Miata up, that or a FC RX-7. Would like to sooner than later, maybe this Winter will get a Miata.

--------------------

post Today, 10:06 AM
+Quote Post
cheela

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 2, '07
From Oshkosh, WI
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Box @ Feb 22, 2017 - 10:40 PM) *
I'm excited, now can work on cars whenever and will be able to leave things out and take my time should it be desired or necessary.

I have thought about picking another Miata up, that or a FC RX-7. Would like to sooner than later, maybe this Winter will get a Miata.

yeah I know what you mean man... I remember storing my car at my parents and they have a 2 car garage with a small workshop in the back.
they opened up the workshop so we could fit one more car in there (mine). so whenever I worked on it, I'd have to move all the cars out of the garage and then back mine up. put it on jacks, look for that f***** 10mm, and then hope to god I can finish it all before the end of the day and throw everything back into the garage the way it was.... i do NOT miss that. laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------

189 Pages V  « < 187 188 189
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
1 Members: Rowatari

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: February 23rd, 2017 - 8:46 PM