6G Celicas Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

400 Pages V  « < 320 321 322 323 324 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Teh Official "Dude Where's My Forum?" Thread, Brought to you by the minds of Box, and her fiancée, Lorelei
post Feb 28, 2019 - 7:51 PM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

QUOTE (narly_charley @ Feb 28, 2019 - 8:35 AM) *
I just realized that I didn't replace the fuel injectors or spark plugs while I had the top rear of my 3MZ torn apart to change the valve cover gasket... I wanted to do some maintenance this year, but I refuse to tear it back apart unless I have to

Is the rear bank pretty difficult to access in the ES? I wouldn’t have thought it’s too bad.

Today I’ve been driving the fastest car.... *Jeremy Clarkson voice* In the world.

(See: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ucQKNkvzQ3g https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NYt9DO5WXr8 )

--------------------
"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others labored hard for." -Socrates. Even Socrates told us to use the search button!

2006 Aston Martin V8 Vantage.
1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2022 4Runner TRD Off Road Prenium.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post Mar 1, 2019 - 12:26 AM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

Oh no. That poor rental.

--------------------
post Mar 1, 2019 - 6:56 AM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Bitter @ Mar 1, 2019 - 12:26 AM) *
Oh no. That poor rental.

It’s a rental CoRolls-Royce... in Florida. Needless to say I have been using the throttle liberally just to avoid dying.

--------------------
"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others labored hard for." -Socrates. Even Socrates told us to use the search button!

1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post Mar 4, 2019 - 9:13 AM
+Quote Post
narly_charley

Enthusiast
Joined Sep 1, '09
From Marengo, IL
Currently Offline

QUOTE (richee3 @ Feb 28, 2019 - 8:51 PM) *
QUOTE (narly_charley @ Feb 28, 2019 - 8:35 AM) *
I just realized that I didn't replace the fuel injectors or spark plugs while I had the top rear of my 3MZ torn apart to change the valve cover gasket... I wanted to do some maintenance this year, but I refuse to tear it back apart unless I have to

Is the rear bank pretty difficult to access in the ES? I wouldn’t have thought it’s too bad.

It's just a giant pain in the ass. Air box and plenum need to be removed (naturally), but the real pain comes from a couple bolts on the rear plenum bracket. They are about 1" or so away from the firewall and Toyota made sure that the only way to remove them would be to mumble and yell the worst swear words imaginable.

Oh, and when I replaced the valve cover gasket, one of the bots broke off in the head (one on the far back), so my dad had to get a special high speed angle drill from his shop. We tried and tried tack welding nuts on the stud, but it wouldn't work. It was also about 93 degrees out that day.

--------------------

2000 GT-S 6 SPD... SOLD!
post Mar 12, 2019 - 12:09 PM
+Quote Post
ClevelandGaint

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 12, '13
From Cleveland
Currently Offline

Nice little update on my vert. I replaced my oil pan because it developed a crack from being taken off the trailer. Replaced it, and there is still a leak from the oil pan area. Replaced the seal as well. I had to search a couple junkyards to find the right 1mz pan and i stuck gold! All fixed for now, still gotta look up the wiring diagram to get my rpm gauge to work with the 1mz like others have
post Mar 15, 2019 - 7:26 PM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

Found out on Wednesday that the KO2’s on the 4Runner are blizzard approved. Had a coworker get stranded down south and everyone else got scared and left work early so I had to weave around all the wrecks on the interstate until they closed it down then navigate the backroads in zero visibility just to pick him up but I never lost grip once. Impressed so far.

--------------------

1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post Mar 15, 2019 - 8:25 PM
+Quote Post
navseal345

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 17, '09
From Millard, Omaha, Nebraska
Currently Offline

Well they work well because they are new & soft & stuff... next year maybe not.
post Mar 18, 2019 - 1:16 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

Jalopnik: A Collection of Totally Rad Cars Seized in an Oklahoma Pot Bust are Going to Auction.
https://jalopnik.com/a-collection-of-totall...homa-1833356668

What's that I see?

--------------------
post Mar 18, 2019 - 1:29 PM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

QUOTE (navseal345 @ Mar 15, 2019 - 7:25 PM) *
Well they work well because they are new & soft & stuff... next year maybe not.

So far these have been 100% better in 2wd (aka one wheel drive, rear diff is only lockable in 4wd) than the garbage Uniroyals were in 4wd. These were actually better in the snow than the Uniroyals were on some dry warm sunny days. laugh.gif

--------------------

1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.
post Mar 23, 2019 - 7:31 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

Jalopnik: God Has Struck Down the First 2JZ 2020 Toyota Supra.
https://jalopnik.com/god-has-struck-down-th...upra-1833514803

Damn, that was fast.

--------------------
post Mar 23, 2019 - 7:54 PM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

anyone heard of box

--------------------
Learned a lot in 10 years... I hardly log in anymore, last login Today Sept 6 2019, and I was forced just to clarify a post. LOL

If you PM me and I dont respond, dont fret or cry. Im alive, better post your questions in the thread below, maybe I log back in

2grfe Swapped... Why I chose the 2GR, before you ask read here...

A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.

@llamaraxing in Instagram is the best way to find me. I hardly log here anymore.
post Mar 23, 2019 - 8:39 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

QUOTE (njccmd2002 @ Mar 23, 2019 - 7:54 PM) *
anyone heard of box

Of, yes. From, no.

--------------------
post Apr 6, 2019 - 1:38 AM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Not even sure where to begin this one... which I guess is why I took so long in coming back again. I figured it was well past due and time to let everyone know that I'm ok, well the Casey that's posting now anyway as the one that was last here is officially dead. Long story short over the past few months I've been seeing one of the few psychiatrists in the state that specializes in gender, and as of Wednesday this week I've been started on hormone replacement therapy. It's something that's been long overdue and something I should've addressed over 15 years ago, but I was always too scared of what others might think so I just denied it and tried to convince myself otherwise. It was something that only got worse over time and culminated in deep relentless depression, self harm, self hate, and failed suicide attempts. I don't expect anyone to understand it, how could you unless you've at least been through something similar, but I hope everyone can accept it. I know at the end of the day I'll always be cursed with a Y chromosome and never be who I want to be fully, but I figure it's better to be 80-90% of who I want to be than to be 10-20%(if that) or worse be dead having killed myself. I was tired of letting it dictate my life and being absolutely miserable and bitter all of the time, and it had gotten to the point I was ready to attempt suicide again so I did something about it finally. For the first time in at least 15 years I've not been overwhelmingly depressed, which things are still a little rough since literally just having started but at least now I know things are working out for once. The support of my mom, siblings(my sister more so, though I think she might have ulterior motives), best friend, and psychiatrist have really helped me so far. Of course dealing with the rest of the family I've yet to figure out how to handle that, but I guess I'll play it by ear at this point. Which I had kind of blatantly hinted towards this happening before disappearing last time, but this time no beating around the bush at all. So **** it, that's what's been going on. Also not like it should matter to anyone or determine how you feel about all of this, but I'm still gynesexual; id est I'm only attracted to bio and trans women as well as overtly feminine males, so meh... I hope to finally start actually living life and be in a place I can be happy about by the time I'm 30, that's my goal anyway. Still have regrets on waiting so long, but better late than never I suppose and once things have time to take effect that should go away somewhat.

This post has been edited by Box: Apr 6, 2019 - 1:43 AM

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Apr 6, 2019 - 8:15 AM
+Quote Post
bryanf

Enthusiast
Joined Jul 26, '12
From Atlanta
Currently Offline

Congratulations to you, Box. Your attitude and actions are admirable.

--------------------
post Apr 6, 2019 - 10:51 AM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Box @ Apr 6, 2019 - 1:38 AM) *
Not even sure where to begin this one... which I guess is why I took so long in coming back again. I figured it was well past due and time to let everyone know that I'm ok, well the Casey that's posting now anyway as the one that was last here is officially dead. Long story short over the past few months I've been seeing one of the few psychiatrists in the state that specializes in gender, and as of Wednesday this week I've been started on hormone replacement therapy. It's something that's been long overdue and something I should've addressed over 15 years ago, but I was always too scared of what others might think so I just denied it and tried to convince myself otherwise. It was something that only got worse over time and culminated in deep relentless depression, self harm, self hate, and failed suicide attempts. I don't expect anyone to understand it, how could you unless you've at least been through something similar, but I hope everyone can accept it. I know at the end of the day I'll always be cursed with a Y chromosome and never be who I want to be fully, but I figure it's better to be 80-90% of who I want to be than to be 10-20%(if that) or worse be dead having killed myself. I was tired of letting it dictate my life and being absolutely miserable and bitter all of the time, and it had gotten to the point I was ready to attempt suicide again so I did something about it finally. For the first time in at least 15 years I've not been overwhelmingly depressed, which things are still a little rough since literally just having started but at least now I know things are working out for once. The support of my mom, siblings(my sister more so, though I think she might have ulterior motives), best friend, and psychiatrist have really helped me so far. Of course dealing with the rest of the family I've yet to figure out how to handle that, but I guess I'll play it by ear at this point. Which I had kind of blatantly hinted towards this happening before disappearing last time, but this time no beating around the bush at all. So **** it, that's what's been going on. Also not like it should matter to anyone or determine how you feel about all of this, but I'm still gynesexual; id est I'm only attracted to bio and trans women as well as overtly feminine males, so meh... I hope to finally start actually living life and be in a place I can be happy about by the time I'm 30, that's my goal anyway. Still have regrets on waiting so long, but better late than never I suppose and once things have time to take effect that should go away somewhat.

Bout time you figured it out, I knew when I saw that long purple hair and you talking about being mistaken for a woman with that tone and inflection that came with it.

--------------------
post Apr 6, 2019 - 11:45 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

QUOTE (bryanf @ Apr 6, 2019 - 8:15 AM) *

Thanks, that really means a lot.

Well it was more a matter of figuring out what to do and how to go about it, had I opened up about it(to the right people) some 15 years ago when it really became prevalent I'd be in a much better place now. Though in my defense I did bring it up with friends once, but after no one else feeling how I felt about it I figured it was something wrong with me... That and it didn't help that everyone gave me Hell at school as it was, and especially after each attempt at trying to be more myself. No use dwelling on the past I suppose.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Apr 7, 2019 - 11:05 AM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Box @ Apr 6, 2019 - 11:45 PM) *
QUOTE (bryanf @ Apr 6, 2019 - 8:15 AM) *

Thanks, that really means a lot.

Well it was more a matter of figuring out what to do and how to go about it, had I opened up about it(to the right people) some 15 years ago when it really became prevalent I'd be in a much better place now. Though in my defense I did bring it up with friends once, but after no one else feeling how I felt about it I figured it was something wrong with me... That and it didn't help that everyone gave me Hell at school as it was, and especially after each attempt at trying to be more myself. No use dwelling on the past I suppose.

You do you, you'll always be the same Box to me smile.gif

--------------------
post Apr 7, 2019 - 1:20 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Aww, thanks. Hopefully the rest of my family is as understanding, I was thinking about telling my step-sister and cousin at Easter since they've always been cool and nice to me. Which I hoped I could slide by Easter if I wasn't ready yet, but the testosterone blocker is already having an effect on my shoulders after just half a week so by a couple of weeks I imagine it'll be even more noticeable. I'm not imagining it either since I went from not fitting a 1X shirt because of them to now there's overhang on the shoulders... Hmm... maybe I can say I got caught in elevator doors and that smooshed them in... yeah... that'll work... That and they're constantly burning, the best description I can come up with is like after you've worked out hard and there's lactic acid buildup. On the plus side this means I'll fit even better into the NB2 Miata I plan on getting.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Apr 8, 2019 - 8:38 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

Well once brother fixes the Firebird I've definitely decided on getting a NB2 Miata in one of the various shades of blue or that one year only teal. I tossed around the idea of a 3.0 Z3 but for what a remotely decent one costs it'd take all the proceeds of selling the Firebird and then that's not wise for a car you don't know the history of much less a German one. Plus it's yet another compromise for power given its weight and E30 trailing arm rear suspension, and the BMW I6 is ok on sound. Then I thought about the MR2 and MR2 Spyder, but then they're harder to work on and would need LSD added though I suppose if a not fire engine red hardtop SW was found I'd put up with such. Really that's about it. I like smaller and lighter cars and I've reached a point where I rather not have power in something I like and can drive versus something I barely use the power in and don't care for driving much aside from the exhaust note, but none of that matters when you can't even drive it. That and I know how well the NB2 rides stock and I know I like it overall as a car already, so there's that too. Oh yeah, there's also the Pontiac Solstice/Saturn Sky but don't think could find a GXP/Redline within budget otherwise that'd be a stronger contender.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Apr 9, 2019 - 12:20 PM
+Quote Post
bryanf

Enthusiast
Joined Jul 26, '12
From Atlanta
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Box @ Apr 8, 2019 - 9:38 PM) *
Well once brother fixes the Firebird I've definitely decided on getting a NB2 Miata in one of the various shades of blue or that one year only teal. I tossed around the idea of a 3.0 Z3 but for what a remotely decent one costs it'd take all the proceeds of selling the Firebird and then that's not wise for a car you don't know the history of much less a German one. Plus it's yet another compromise for power given its weight and E30 trailing arm rear suspension, and the BMW I6 is ok on sound. Then I thought about the MR2 and MR2 Spyder, but then they're harder to work on and would need LSD added though I suppose if a not fire engine red hardtop SW was found I'd put up with such. Really that's about it. I like smaller and lighter cars and I've reached a point where I rather not have power in something I like and can drive versus something I barely use the power in and don't care for driving much aside from the exhaust note, but none of that matters when you can't even drive it. That and I know how well the NB2 rides stock and I know I like it overall as a car already, so there's that too. Oh yeah, there's also the Pontiac Solstice/Saturn Sky but don't think could find a GXP/Redline within budget otherwise that'd be a stronger contender.

Curious why you're not interested in a BRZ/86.

--------------------

400 Pages V  « < 320 321 322 323 324 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 28th, 2024 - 6:28 PM