For Sale Items:
post Sep 25, 2018 - 8:51 AM
+Quote Post
cheela

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 2, '07
From Berlin, WI
Currently Offline

now you need a pic/video to show us how blindingly bright it's gonna be. biggrin.gif

--------------------

*1997 Celica ST - 3SGE Greytop BEAMS
*1977 Celica RA29 - Classic Cruiser
*2005 Matrix AWD - dedded but still hanging around like a ghost
2019 Rav4 XLE Premium - Sports mode is fun.
post Sep 25, 2018 - 5:30 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

There's just something about mosquito melting 130 watt Hella lamps though that LED or HID can never give you. tongue.gif

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Sep 25, 2018 - 5:53 PM
+Quote Post
Roodwerks

Enthusiast
Joined May 2, '18
From Phoenix, AZ
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Box @ Sep 25, 2018 - 6:30 PM) *
There's just something about mosquito melting 130 watt Hella lamps though that LED or HID can never give you. tongue.gif

True, but the tiny amount of current/amperage used vs incandescents makes it worth the change.

This post has been edited by Roodwerks: Sep 26, 2018 - 10:16 AM
post Sep 25, 2018 - 8:07 PM
+Quote Post
Bitter

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 11, '06
From Way South Chicago
Currently Offline

Who are the light pods from? Specs? What emitters? I need answers!

--------------------
post Sep 26, 2018 - 10:23 AM
+Quote Post
Roodwerks

Enthusiast
Joined May 2, '18
From Phoenix, AZ
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Bitter @ Sep 25, 2018 - 8:07 PM) *
Who are the light pods from? Specs? What emitters? I need answers!

They are just cheap Ebay lights with amber/yellow halo outer ring to give them multiple options for output. The outer two are flood lenses and the inner two are spot lenses.
I think they were about $30 a pair shipped. I was after size and color output then maximum brightness.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2X-5-60W-5D-Amber-...353.m2749.l2649
post Oct 2, 2018 - 4:43 PM
+Quote Post
Roodwerks

Enthusiast
Joined May 2, '18
From Phoenix, AZ
Currently Offline

Past weekends work...

Cruise control wiring harness found, on the right front corner. What is it doing over there? I had to extend the harness 18-20" to reach back across the radiator to the actuator. It's working like a charm, so I'm happy.

Pulled the light pod mount back apart for final welding and painting. Got it all bolted back together, wires run through the skin of the bumper and lights wired into the car via various means. The outer lights halos' are now also extra turn signals. Floods and Spots are on two separate switches just below the instrument cluster dimmer knob.

post Oct 3, 2018 - 12:09 PM
+Quote Post
SwissFerdi

Enthusiast
Joined Jun 18, '09
From Orlando
Currently Offline

Sick. thumbsup.gif

This post has been edited by SwissFerdi: Oct 3, 2018 - 12:09 PM

--------------------
'97 ST \ Eibach \ KYB \ Kenwood \ Alpine \ Cusco \ OEM+ [sold 10/18]
'93 MX-5 LE
post Oct 11, 2018 - 11:00 AM
+Quote Post
Nial

Enthusiast
Joined Aug 25, '08
From England
Currently Offline

Thats certainly a unique take on a lamp pod design, i like it.

--------------------
My Facebook GT4 Build page.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/GT4Rebuild
post Oct 12, 2018 - 12:27 PM
+Quote Post
Roodwerks

Enthusiast
Joined May 2, '18
From Phoenix, AZ
Currently Offline

Excited to have bought some better looking rims. I think this is only the 4th time in my life I've owned a car with aftermarket rims. These weren't my 1st choice, but cost, strength, right size and looks made it the choice for me at this time. I was hoping they'd be a bit lighter then they are, but should be fine. Can't wait to get the tires mounted on them, so I can see how it'll all look once I get the brakes and hubs changed out.

post Oct 14, 2018 - 5:27 PM
+Quote Post
msk59

Enthusiast
Joined May 10, '14
From Tulsa, OK
Currently Offline

Very Nice build thus far. I love the way you made the frame and attached the lights. IMO better than the original safari car.

The cruise control actuator was located on the RHS (passenger and the wiring was then run all the way to the left and inside driver side fender into the car. I have the leftover actuator and some wiring and cables if you need those. I sold my 96 Celica and some parts are left over. I also have the rear disc conversion kit (most of it). PM me if you need these parts. I dont have the car anymore.

QUESTION: How are you supporting the foglights frame on the inside? Are you running flat metal to support the front bumper? Otherwise the vibration may break the plastic Just a thought.

This post has been edited by msk59: Oct 14, 2018 - 5:29 PM
post Oct 15, 2018 - 10:15 AM
+Quote Post
Roodwerks

Enthusiast
Joined May 2, '18
From Phoenix, AZ
Currently Offline

Thanks for the offer, but I've got the cruise control sorted and working.

I also have rear brakes for upgrading in hand, it's the entire rear hub assembly from an Avalon.

For now the lights and mount are only supported by the bumper skin itself. I plan on running strips under the skin and back to the core support at some point. For now, they don't bounce or vibrate at all while driving.
post Oct 15, 2018 - 10:41 AM
+Quote Post
cheela

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 2, '07
From Berlin, WI
Currently Offline

I don't care much for aftermarket rims either but I will say, those definitely match your build. biggrin.gif

--------------------

*1997 Celica ST - 3SGE Greytop BEAMS
*1977 Celica RA29 - Classic Cruiser
*2005 Matrix AWD - dedded but still hanging around like a ghost
2019 Rav4 XLE Premium - Sports mode is fun.
post Oct 15, 2018 - 3:04 PM
+Quote Post
Box

Enthusiast
Joined Feb 23, '12
From Warrior, AL
Currently Offline

I feel like knobby mud tires are incoming.

--------------------
2001 Miata LS 5-speed
post Oct 15, 2018 - 4:55 PM
+Quote Post
Roodwerks

Enthusiast
Joined May 2, '18
From Phoenix, AZ
Currently Offline

QUOTE (Box @ Oct 15, 2018 - 4:04 PM) *
I feel like knobby mud tires are incoming.

Tires are getting mounted today. General Grabber AT2s, the size is going obsolete, but I was able to source a full set plus 1 lightly used spare. It'll be interesting to see it all fitted together.

I also fixed a bad TPS yesterday. Last week, all of a sudden I couldn't go full throttle, 3/4 maybe. Prior to this when the engine was cold, it would have a similar issue. Ever since I've owned the car it never went more than roughly 5000 rpms, figured, like my '84 Celica that the engine just couldn't breathe anymore. I was wrong, saw it go up to 5500 rpms after the new TPS was fitted.
post Oct 15, 2018 - 8:34 PM
+Quote Post
GuYun14

Enthusiast
Joined Apr 13, '16
From Milwaukee
Currently Offline

Definitely looking forward to the wheel and tire setup. What size tire are you planning on running? And regarding the suspension, how much higher are you sitting compare to stock?
post Oct 16, 2018 - 1:45 PM
+Quote Post
Roodwerks

Enthusiast
Joined May 2, '18
From Phoenix, AZ
Currently Offline

QUOTE (GuYun14 @ Oct 15, 2018 - 8:34 PM) *
Definitely looking forward to the wheel and tire setup. What size tire are you planning on running? And regarding the suspension, how much higher are you sitting compare to stock?

The tires I'm planning on make fit are 215/65R16 (that's a 27" tall tire). They won't just bolt on to any old Celica. It's going to require some major changes, bodywork most likely, possibly chopping into the firewall, etc..

I got the car while it was lowered, so I have no reference for how much higher from stock it's going. If I had to guess, just the suspension will be about 2-3" taller than stock. The tires are another 1-1/2" taller in the radius (out of center, 3" taller than stock in diameter). The final stance will certainly be higher than pretty much any rally car Celica that has been built. My reference is less rally car, more Dakar car from the early 90's. If you've never seen the cars built for the Paris to Dakar Rally back in the later 80's early 90's, dig around the internet for pictures.
post Oct 23, 2018 - 8:46 AM
+Quote Post
njccmd2002

Enthusiast
Joined Mar 15, '07
From Tennessee
Currently Offline

how much if you start selling those lamp pods, without lights?

--------------------
Learned a lot in 10 years... I hardly log in anymore, last login Today Sept 6 2019, and I was forced just to clarify a post. LOL

If you PM me and I dont respond, dont fret or cry. Im alive, better post your questions in the thread below, maybe I log back in

2grfe Swapped... Why I chose the 2GR, before you ask read here...

A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.

@llamaraxing in Instagram is the best way to find me. I hardly log here anymore.
post Oct 23, 2018 - 10:28 AM
+Quote Post
Roodwerks

Enthusiast
Joined May 2, '18
From Phoenix, AZ
Currently Offline

QUOTE (njccmd2002 @ Oct 23, 2018 - 8:46 AM) *
how much if you start selling those lamp pods, without lights?

Not really interested in trying to hand make these light pods. It's a time consuming, hand fitted process, so without a jig to form them to,
it would take too long and I'd have to use the nose of my own car to work from. So, unless it was something nearly EVERY 6G Celica owner
wanted, it just isn't worth the time. If it was for one person, the cost would be in the ballpark of $350-400.

Well, I finally got back to trying to fit the new wheels and tires. (after trying to get the engine back to shape, high-idle turned out to be a
crap handmade TB to manifold gasket leak, it was made out of a piece of thick paper, not gasket material.) I can confirm that the rear hub
assemblies I got from a '97 Avalon bolt into place, giving me bigger brakes and the 5x114.3 (4.5") bolt pattern I wanted. For my particular
suspension height, I did have to lengthen the trailing rod by 1" for now. This centered the tire back in the wheel well, caused by lifting so it
so high. This is a short-term solution, eventually the chassis side mount will get a custom dropped pivot point.

post Oct 23, 2018 - 2:28 PM
+Quote Post
richee3

Joined Jun 29, '08
From Denver
Currently Offline

Love this build. I used to want to buy another 6th gen to build as a rally replica so this is awesome to me. thumbsup.gif

--------------------
"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others labored hard for." -Socrates. Even Socrates told us to use the search button!

2006 Aston Martin V8 Vantage.
1998 Celica GT-
BEAMS Swapped.
2022 4Runner TRD Off Road Prenium.
2021 GMC Sierra AT4.

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: March 28th, 2024 - 7:41 AM